PC Gaming Thread

1. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

Transparant , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Purpose
    This thread is to find out what games other PC gamers like to play. You can discuss games here, but also talk about your PC specs! Talk about new games, ask for help in picking parts, make friends to play with, you can do all of that here. This thread is mainly ment to have a goo
    This will be a community spot for PC gamers on the forums. Of course, I will not outlaw any Console Gamers. They'll be allowed here too. What I do not want to happen though is any "PC MASTER RACE" discussions. This is a peaceful place where (mainly) PC gamers will be able to chat with eachother and discuss news from the gaming industry!
    So, to start off you might want to introduce yourself! We'd like to know for example:
    • Who are you?
    • Where are you from?
    • What's your age?
    • What games do you play?
    • What's your all time favorite game?
    • Etc.
    Rules
    We don't have a lot of rules, but the ones that are here are to be obeyed.
    • Don't start ANY "PC Master Race" discussions. Every platform has it's own pros and cons.
    • Don't brag about how awesome your super gaming rig is.
    • Don't be rude to people.
    • Don't judge people by the games they play.
    • Obey the "Thread Mods"
    • Have fun and make friends!

Thread Mods
    @Transparant
    @Eetu247
    @MAXXHEW
    Want to become a mod? Be active on the thread and help people!

Banner
    @awkward_potato was nice enough to make this banner for us!
    If you want to spreak the word about this thread, wear this banner in your signature!
    [​IMG]

Important Announcement
    @Hanson Lee came up with the idea to make a GTA V Social Club Crew for PC GTA V players as the game comes out.
    The idea is to make a OnePlus Social Club Crew. Console Players will not be able to join because it is not possible to play cross-platform. This is not because we do not like Consoles, this is because there is no technical way of playing together.
    This is the info we have so far, more ideas and info will be added soon™!​

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

2. muddy46
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

muddy46 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Im not a gamer but interesting thread :) Well laid out purpose and rules. Clearly thought went into this.

I will tell you about my son though, he is 15 and loves World of Tanks.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

3. Trusconi
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

Ashwith, sicilian0, Halford and 6 others like this.
  4. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

Well, I'll introduce myself.
    I am Jop, I'm 17 years old and I'm from the Netherlands! I've been playing games on my PC for a couple of years now.
    My favorite games at the moment:
    League of Legends (EUW --> Oldschool Senpai)
    osu! (Transparant)
    Guild Wars 2 (NA: Maguuma --> Colydom)
    The Witcher 2
    Skyrim
    Euro Truck Simulator 2
    Just Cause 2

Want to add me on steam? Here's the link to my profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShiftedReality

My rig:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (OC Edition) 1GB
    6GB RAM
    512GB HDD
    AMD Phenom X4 II 955 BE @3.2Ghz
    ASUS Motherboard, don't know which one
    450W PSU

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

5. muddysahil
    Honeycomb Sep 24, 2014

6. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

Battlefield 4? Cool! I've bought the game but haven't played it that much. At the moment I don't have any space on my hard drive to install the game... Oh well.

7. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

oscarvanl , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Firstly I must swear allegiance to GabeN, he in his glory shall prevail against the console peasants. Us PC brethren will not listen to Transparant's oppression and failure to spread the word of GabeN.

Let your PC be cool and your framerates be high, GabeN.

8. askpcguy
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

askpcguy , Sep 24, 2014 :
    I put away the PC gaming keyboard and since Feb-2014 picked up an Xbox 360 controller to play GTA V and GTA Online. It's nice to just power up and be in game in a few minutes.

However I'm still a PC gamer. I've slowly going through the Mass Effect 3 DLC and recently finished the Apartment DLC.

9. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Ahhh just cause 2, reminds me of my time I had with it a couple of years ago in summers, it was an over the top fun and borderline hillarious. Loved roaming about the huge beautiful tropical open world. Don't remember any missions I did past the first few but independent roaming was so crazy and fun filled that I didn't care about any missions :p

awkward_potato and Transparant like this.
  10. cca310
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

cca310 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    I have an average build, AMD 8350 (4.8 gHz), gtx 770, gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3. I'm really obsessed with audio quality though, I have a few different headphones (AKG q701, dt770 250ohm, AKG K7XX) and I have some nice speakers (m-audio bx8 d2)

I like to play pretty much anything, I play battlefield, but I really like puzzle style games like Antichamber. I also can't wait for gta V

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015

11. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

The thing I love the most about JC2 are the BEAUTIFUL explosion. Oh well, it's what the game is all about right? So they must look good :p

awkward_potato and raja92 like this.
  12. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

I don't understand where the misconception that PC gaming take a long to get going comes from, steam keeps your games up to date and for me games only take about 10 minutes to download which is quicker than going down to the shop to buy the games.

awkward_potato, api182 and MAXXHEW like this.
  13. Trusconi
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

Trusconi , Sep 24, 2014 :
    if you play alone is a game like other (COD for example)
    if you play with your friend in the same team in chat is much better

Years ago we meet in a big room
    16/20 people divided on 2 table
    BF2 dediated server
    no ping problem
    lot of fun

14. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

I think most people's problem is that booting their PC takes too long. A PS4 or Xbox One is booted within half a minute, my PC takes about 1-2. I don't mind it though!

scolant, awkward_potato and MAXXHEW like this.
  15. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Really liked playing crysis 1 with graphic mods, it looked so beautiful at that time, even now its an eye candy. But even more than the graphics I kinda liked the gameplay of it too, I know alot of people think otherwise but I just had great time using nano suit capabilities like cloaking, it involved a loot of strategy and when successful you really felt the acomplishment.

16. Transparant
    KitKat Sep 24, 2014

That indeed does sound like a lot of fun! I had a "LAN Party" with some friends last summer. We played Team Fortress 2 all the time... Not the best game for a LAN Party but we had lots of fun as well.

awkward_potato, MAXXHEW and raja92 like this.
  17. dualcorebrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

18. oscarvanl
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

My current games I like are...

Civilisation 5 - Shit multiplayer but I still play it online with friends all the time, expect constant client crashes, freezes and server issues though.

Papers Please - You play as an immigration officer in a communist oppressive regime, you play to support your family through constant economic issues to support the heating, medicine, food and have to make moral choices to let through immigrants, or not.

Prison Architect - Great game with some great mechanics, will keep you busy for hours.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Everyone knows this game.

19. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    "Transparant, post: 5793224, member: 131694"]I think most people's problem is that booting their PC takes too long. A PS4 or Xbox One is booted within half a minute, my PC takes about 1-2. I don't mind it though![/QUOTE]
    SSD is the solution to slow booting, keep your OS on ssd and you would be good to go. But then again it would be expensive

20. askpcguy
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2014

askpcguy , Sep 24, 2014 :
    ;) what steam?

You see I'm an old school gamer. Think back to the days of DOS and Windows on top of DOS. I simply do not care for Steam. I will buy the game then after a sneeze the game is working on my PC.