PEBBLE SMART WATCH

1. xavosh
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2014

xavosh , Nov 11, 2014 :
    Very true
    Smartwatches are only for very certain types of people
    People who don't like pulling 5.5in phones out of there pockets a million times a day

nuclearthrone likes this.
  2. xavosh
    Honeycomb Nov 27, 2014

3. Maxoris
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2014

Maxoris , Nov 30, 2014 :
    Recently I put some interest in Smart Watches..But still don`t know what to do. I think they are way too expensive for what they offer. The Pebble is viable for 79$ which is okay, but in Europe it costs 115Euro which is way more..So don't want to buy this either. Im not sure if I even need a Smartwatch. Probably not. They're all just too expensive imo.

4. Elastico
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2014

Elastico , Nov 30, 2014 :
    I have a pebble steel (silver) and I was like a lot of people, perhaps not against smart watches but reserved towards them but still wanted to give it a try.
    My personal opinion now is that if you do not own a smart watch then just shut the f@ck up. Of course one can live without them, we all know that already. A Pebble makes your life a little bit easier. Simple things like riding your bicycle and not needing to pull up your phone, risking to drop it or driving your car and being able to quickly glance at your watch to see what's going on does it for me. If you like tek and can spare some money why not give it a try.

My pebble is primarily a watch. I always want to be able to see the time and want to have the display on, therfore the pebble was the best choice for me. Android wear watches are great too but I'll probably wait a couple of generations before I get one.

xavosh likes this.
  5. xavosh
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2014

xavosh , Dec 1, 2014 :
    Thanks mate.

6. arrisquddus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2014

7. arrisquddus

arrisquddus , Dec 1, 2014 :
    Pebble is not my cup of tea. It's not attractive which makes the price tag not worth it.

xavosh likes this.
  8. xavosh
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2014

9. arrisquddus

xavosh likes this.
  10. xavosh
    Honeycomb Dec 1, 2014

xavosh , Dec 1, 2014 :
    Yep yep all fine I just didn't notice him aha

11. davinche
    Froyo Feb 27, 2015

davinche , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Anyone have a pebble and using it with your OPO? How is the pebble experience? Kickstarter recently launched a massively successful campaign for their new pebble so I'm wondering if I should jump in on this deal.

12. iusethemouse
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

iusethemouse , Feb 27, 2015 :
    Never even considered getting the first Pebble, but they definitely sold the the second one to me! It's amazing

davinche and Renjith johnson like this.
  13. Jspectro
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

Jspectro , Feb 27, 2015 :
    I have a Pebble steel right now and it works flawlessly on the one plus one. The recent update allowing android wear functions like replies to texts is just awesome from a watch.

14. Trispm
    Gingerbread Feb 27, 2015

Trispm , Feb 27, 2015 :
    I have to say the pebble time looks great but i prefer my g watch r as i get 3 1/2 days out of it while getting a better looking watch. If you have the extra money go with the g watch r (or urbane) but if you dont definetly go with the pebble time

15. ItsBrock
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2015

16. OnkelTom76
    Froyo Mar 25, 2015

OnkelTom76 , Mar 25, 2015 :
    Well, in general it works, but sometimes, notifications are not forwarded (pebble classic). I don't know the reason, but my experience is, that e.g. "Google Hangouts" messages are sometimes lost - same with SMS and incoming emails notification (K9). So far I was not able to find out the circumstances or reasons why this happens.

As well reconnect does not work properly, after being away from the phone too far. Sometimes it does, sometimes it takes up to 15 minutes to reconnect. Latest updates / firmware(s) installed on both phone and pebble. Re-install of pebble-app does not bring a change, as well as resetting pebble, either.

Anyway - in general it works - most of the time (90% +), but for me that is far away from being named "flawlessly"...