Pending Authorization!

1. DarrinTech
    Eclair Feb 14, 2015

ahighfield and sidlittlefield like this.
  2. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 14, 2015

sidlittlefield , Feb 14, 2015 :
    Second best outcome. Protect your OPO.

ahighfield likes this.
  3. ahighfield
    KitKat Feb 15, 2015

ahighfield , Feb 15, 2015 :
    @sidlittlefield how is your battery life going? Mine was pretty poor today... 100-20% with 3hrs SoT over only 12hrs, mostly web browsing and I threw in 30mins Candy Crush as a bit of a test... About half of my prior battery. Really hoping tmrw and next few cycles see an improvement.

4. rickclem
    Gingerbread Feb 15, 2015

rickclem , Feb 15, 2015 :
    Ordered mine on the 10th as well. Shipped from California to Florida. Received it yesterday. I was hoping that it wouldn't be delayed until Tuesday due to President's Day. Kudos to USPS!!

ahighfield likes this.
  5. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 15, 2015

sidlittlefield , Feb 15, 2015 :
    I'm down to 90% after 25 minutes SoT this morning: light web browsing, emails & texts. downloaded newest episodes of about 5 podcasts. This feels like a decline of 15% - 25% or so from before. I have been using pretty heavy this week and finish the day at about 40%, although I am not phone gamer.

ahighfield likes this.
  6. ahighfield
    KitKat Feb 15, 2015

ahighfield , Feb 15, 2015 :
    Hmm, not good, you probably on track for around 4hrs total SoT with only light activity...

I just saw that OP Support is distributing a patch "fix" for this update in response to tickets... It is actually just a reversion to 44S lol...!

7. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 15, 2015

sidlittlefield , Feb 15, 2015 :
    Curiouser and curiouser. I am not really attached to this update. I hate SwiftKey as it (as I have said before) as elegant as a fat kid in too tight sweater. I like the MaxxAudio. I wonder if the "fix" includes that or if it is a full reversion.

ahighfield likes this.
  8. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

sidlittlefield , Feb 19, 2015 :
    I have decided to flash Lollipop and see how the battery works. This mainly to check more own sanity and see if the battery life is different. I went with Euphoria.

ahighfield likes this.
  9. ahighfield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

ahighfield , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Hey, I am close to writing a big thread...first try a factory reset...I didn't want to, but it seems to have an impact...the first night, battery drain was horrible and I started heavy research into reverting to 44s (fastboot flashing etc for non-rooted phone)...BUT, this afternoon suddenly the phone might even have better battery life than ever...

Contrast this (05Q pre factory reset):
    image.png

With this (but only 4hrs in) (05Q post factory reset):
    image (2).png

At around the same 3hr mark, the first chart hit 1hr SOT at 72% battery life, the second is 1hr at around 85%... A huge difference, and might just be better than 44S for me. Will see where it ends up tomorrow and if any keep awake issues etc overnight.

As much as it defeats the purpose of an OTA, factory reset seems to be the medicine. In some respects, CM also make it easier for us because the "reset" keeps all of your files, settings, media etc and just deletes apps (which are 90% reinstalled automatically). Then there are some reconfiguring of settings, restoring backups etc. Takes a few hours to work through, but if this is cure, I suppose it is worth it versus waiting for a solution or tips from OP.

The weird thing was that when I did the reset it was still 05Q...I was expecting 33 or 38. I also noticed in developer options as I was researching that there is a button that is default checked to update recovery with OTA. If you uncheck it, I am thinking that might mean that instead of keeping 05Q, it would have stuck with the last OTA, ie 44S. So I will probably uncheck before Lollipop so if I do the factory reset it takes me back to 05Q instead of just resetting the Lollipop.

I still need to check the lockscreen, MaxAudio small bugs etc to see if those also cured by this...battery was my biggest concern by far however.

10. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

It's great that you figured it out. I am interested to see if it helps most or is some sort of idiosyncratic fix just for you. The problems are hit or miss so the solutions might be as well.

ahighfield likes this.
  11. ahighfield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

12. ahighfield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

ahighfield , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Not impressed by yet anther contest, dare I say pretty pointless contest, while prizes from prior contests have still not been received, there are still some pretty major touch screen issues outstanding and other broken promises... I think what you said before about not knowing how to focus is completely spot on...

13. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

Especially such a specialized contest. How many OP users are capable of making something interesting?

14. tvaibhav18
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2015

15. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 23, 2015

sidlittlefield , Feb 23, 2015 :
    Did you buy directly from the website? When did you place your order?

16. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Feb 23, 2015

17. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

ahighfield , Mar 8, 2015 :
    @sidlittlefield

After experiencing CM on the OPO, and not able to root at the moment, I resurrected my HTC One X+ for some experimentation with flashing. Basically, it is daunting at first, and I make mistakes (as do others when instructions are less than complete), but once you get the hang of it, it really does not seem too hard to go fatally wrong (I have come close or at least thought I did). I now have CM11 (no CM12 it seems will be available for this device) and it's nice...maybe when I upgrade from the OPO in (hopefully) at least a year or so from now, I can then finally root and play around with all the custom ROMs (and Oxygen OS possibly!) available for it...

sidlittlefield likes this.
  18. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

sidlittlefield , Mar 8, 2015 :
    You should see of there is a stable lollipop ROM and give it a go.

ahighfield likes this.
  19. ahighfield
    KitKat Mar 11, 2015

ahighfield , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Yeah, I am looking, it's great to have an experimental device with no real fear of bricking...Should I build a dedicated alarm clock, car GPS/music player, toy for kids...?!!

Only slight issue is I probably let the kids drop it too many times when I didn't care so much about it so just discovered it has a dead stripe across the touch screen, which limits its effectiveness.

You might appreciate this article I saw today...calm, clear analysis... https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/news-the-mega-news-roll-up-thread.242945/#post-10177079

Vs "Emerging Smartphone Giant OnePlus"... http://www.siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/41065-emerging-smartphone-giant-o

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

20. sidlittlefield
    KitKat Mar 11, 2015

sidlittlefield , Mar 11, 2015 :
    And that is the difference between financial journalism and tech journalism. "We will sell 50,000 units" to "We sold over 1 million" explains the problems with CS.

SoniaB and ahighfield like this.