People can't activate their 8 Pros on Verizon HELP

1. J.GUIDO85
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2020

J.GUIDO85 , Apr 21, 2020 :
    There quite a few people that have received their OP 8 Pro and cannot use it on Verizon fully. This happened in the past with older OP phones on Verizon, But all they had to do was have Verizon add CDMA Less feature. Well right now, Verizon is saying the devices aren't in their database, So the system wont let them add this feature therefore people aren't receiving Texts which is the main issue.

I am receiving mine tomorrow and i would like to have a answer for this, Anyone confirm they have theirs working yet?

2. Ztw1217
    Eclair Apr 21, 2020

Ztw1217 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 21, 2020 :
    I got my 8Pro today and got calling, sms sending and data working. I can't get sms delivered to me. That's the only problem happening with me. I talked with Verizon and the lady said she turned on "cdma-less" for my life and it would take a couple hours for my phone to fully active (since it wasn't a new sim card and pulled from my Pixel 3 XL). I'm hoping tomorrow it'll just magically start working but I'll call again and see what I can do

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020

3. J.GUIDO85
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2020

This shouldn't be the case, If the feature was added, You would immediately see a change. I actually work for Verizon and i am very familar with all this, but my store is closed to covid 19 and will be working from home, But my equipment wont be here until thursday to be able to access the system.

4. Ztw1217
    Eclair Apr 21, 2020

Ztw1217 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 21, 2020 :
    I'm going to check with someone else tomorrow about it. Are you someone I'd be able to contact to get this fixed since you at least understand this compared to other. Hahah

5. J.GUIDO85
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2020

I can definitely help once i can access Verizons System.

But the explanation Verizon is giving right now is, OP hasn't sent them the imei list to be authorized to activate. This is why when you ask to activate the phone, Its not showing up in Verizon internal system. Obviously you could just do a sim swap, but the CDMA LESS feature must be added. The phone doesn't release until the 29th, I wonder if this is when OP will release the imei list...

6. ChristopherButler
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2020

ChristopherButler , Apr 21, 2020 :
    9 hours spent between Verizon and OnePlus support. The robots on the OnePlus support team were worthless. Verizon couldn't add CDMA less to the line because of an issue with the IMEI. 3 different L2 techs couldn't do it. Even their supervisors had no capability. Ended up having to create a return request and send this phone back.

7. Theforeman
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2020

Theforeman , Apr 21, 2020 :

I have a 6T that I've been getting the circle trying to get receiving texts to work on. Part of the hold up for me is it's a business line and I'm not an account manager. My company has no problem using my own phone, they tried to help me remotely by letting me get a new sim card and working with a support rep at the store. But my company's more the Verizon rep in person knew what I was talking about when I said you need to make it CDMA less....
    Do you know if it's possible to change this without an account manager? Since you technically aren't changing anything on the plan other then forcing texts through non CDMA channels.
    Everything else on my phone worked when I out the Sim in and tested it.

8. Ztw1217
    Eclair Apr 21, 2020

Ztw1217 , Apr 21, 2020 :
    I contacted Verizon and got with a great customer service rep. In the end, nothing worked. She really tried everything she could and knew of OnePlus. She said, right now, when you put the IMEI of the OnePlus 8 Pro, Verizon's system doesn't recognize it (Yet) and it also won't allow CDMA-less to be activated on the device. She felt bad for me but said there were a couple of options, it was either: 1. return the device and wait until it was supported (in case it wasn't and I'm not out $1000)to repurchase from OnePlus, 2. hold onto the device until the 29th (phones US launch) and maybe Verizon's systems would be updated (But worried about the 15 day return policy from OnePlus IF it doesn't). Two days of trying everything, Data, Calling, and SENDING texts worked, just receiving text didn't.

c.r.ayala6 likes this.
  9. saydeebenz
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2020

saydeebenz , Apr 21, 2020 :
    OP extended their returns to 30 days cause of covid so you have until middle of May

Theforeman and R1577765203995 like this.
  10. bjorktribe
    Eclair Apr 21, 2020

bjorktribe , Apr 21, 2020 :
    Same issues here. Can't receive SMS/MMS. No carrier video calling and no Wi-Fi calling. They can't even add the CDMA-less feature to my account, and I've tired w/ L2 support and in-store. Trying to get the IMEI added to the DMD, and am waiting for a response.

12. saydeebenz
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2020

13. c.r.ayala6
    Eclair Apr 21, 2020

c.r.ayala6 , Apr 21, 2020 :
    Please let us know if this works for you!

bjorktribe likes this.
  14. kyshin
    Donut Apr 21, 2020

kyshin , Apr 21, 2020 :
    im having the same issue with my op8 pro on verizon, anyone know if anything is being done about this problem?

15. kyshin
    Donut Apr 21, 2020

kyshin , Apr 21, 2020 :
    i waited for them to add it, they were not able to add it

16. kyshin
    Donut Apr 21, 2020

kyshin , Apr 21, 2020 :
    im having the same issue is there anything that can be done?

17. msbmartin
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2020

msbmartin , Apr 22, 2020 :
    I am able to send and receive texts. Can not make it receive calls. Spent forever on phone with Verizon techs and chatted with OnePlus rep. Verizon tech say the IMEI number is not found. When I try byod activation online I get a message that says device not compatible....oneplus assures me that device is compatible and Verizon has no clue what the problem is. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time on the phone again tomorrow because tech support closed before being able to resolve the issue. 😒

18. jlagonigro
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2020

jlagonigro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    I had the same issue with new OnePlus 8 pro on Verizon. I have been trying to get my SMS/MMS to work since I got my phone on Friday. An engineer suggested i get an older One plus phone that was certified for Verizon and then they could enable CDMA-Less option on that phone. My buddy in Orlando sent me his OnePlus 7 Pro to try When I put my Verizon sim card in, i had same exact issue as my new OnePlus 8Pro, no SMS messages. I called back the engineer at Verizon who suggested I try this to begin with, and he was able to enable CDMA-Less feature this time with the OnePlus 7 Pro and my sim, since its MEID showed up in Verizon's system properly. As soon as he enabled CDMA-Less i was able to receive SMS messages on the OnePlus 7 PRO. I then immediately pulled the sim from 7 Pro and put it back into my One Plus 8 PRO and surprise surprise SMS/MMS messages started coming down!! I have no clue why they cant enable it on the new OnePlus 8 PRO and my phone still does not show up properly on My Verizon Device page ( the One Plus 7 Pro showed up perfectly).

This is a crazy work around and neither OnePlus nor Verizon was really much help on getting this to work. Maybe a new Sim would of done the trick but without being able to go to a Verizon store at the moment, it was just another shot in the dark. I called OnePlus Support and am still waiting on reply from Saturday.

saydeebenz likes this.
  19. Ztw1217
    Eclair Apr 22, 2020

Ztw1217 , Apr 22, 2020 :
    For anyone who reads this message and is dealing with this situation like myself and the rest of us above, please contact OnePlus and Verizon customer support via chat or calling to report this issue. I know most of you have talked to a support member but the more of us that make our voices heard, the quicker this will hopefully be taken care of and we can get straight answers. I've talked with multiple OnePlus and Verizon reps in the last two days, making sure that my problems being stated were precise and clear. Hopefully, this is just due to the fact that the phone "technically" isn't released in the US yet and on (or shortly sometime after) the 29th, Verizon's internal systems will be updated to include the 8 and 8 Pro. I know I don't want to be out $1000 just waiting for a phone to 50/50 work on Verizon. Stay Safe and Stay Healthy.

20. jlagonigro
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2020

jlagonigro , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Apr 22, 2020 :
    i do hope that on April 29th the OnePlus 8pro is actually available in Verizon's system, there is no guarantee that the unlocked versions sold by OnePlus and Amazon will be available. Only the Verizon specific OnePlus 8 5G UW model is guaranteed to be available. I have posted on XDAdevelopers and have found a few others who do have their OnePlus 8 pros working with minimal issues. Not sure what might be different but I hope it is resolved soon.