Performance comparison via OnePlus 5T

1. Vignesh SK
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

2. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2020

iamelton , Aug 12, 2020 :
    upgrade.. 5t is a 3-year-old flagship-killer model while nord is comparable to last year (or 2-year-old at worst) flagship models..

3. Vignesh SK
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Vignesh SK , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 12, 2020 :
    But in 5t it's 835 and in Nord it's 765g where if we get to have multiple applications then I think 765g will definitely struggle

4. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 12, 2020

iamelton , Aug 12, 2020 :
    765g is definitely better than 835.. the comparion is more appropriate on 765g vs 845 & 855..

roy.sayanton likes this.
  5. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 27, 2020 :
    It would be a upgrade, but would it be a noteworthy upgrade? I don't think so. I think it wouldn't be a substantial upgrade over your 5T, may be 8 or 8 pro would be a nicer choice. Flagship and mid-range experience are different.

6. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2020

roy.sayanton likes this.
  7. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Is it in terms of performance or overall experience?

8. iamelton
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2020

iamelton , Aug 28, 2020 :
    maybe more on the overall experience, as im not a person who likes to push a device to its extremes..

performance-wise i dont do heavy gaming stuff, no facebook-related apps allowed, etc., so probably even a redmi can satisfy my needs.. its on the overall feel, such as faster response, smoother display, more screen real estate, better placement of the physical buttons, etc.. in short, just the kind of experience gained from upgrading a 3-year-old device to a more modern one..

9. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

Okay, but I think thread author has asked for comparison based on performance. Overall experience might be also a influencing factor during selection of device. I agree that OnePlus Nord has some extra features which are great like the 90Hz display, dual selfie camera, quad camera setup.

But purely speaking in terms of performance Nord wouldn't be a considerable upgrade, also considering the price of the device.

Vignesh SK likes this.
  10. iamelton

on the contrary i dont think the cameras (in either model) are that great.. as a matter of fact i dont think OP know how to make great cameras, despite their enormous marketing efforts in this aspect..

however, performance-wise i dont see why its not an upgrade..

- CPU: SD765G (this year 7nm) vs SD835 (3-year-old 10nm) << can find lots of comparisons about CPUs on the Internet
    - RAM: 6/8/12GB vs 6/8GB
    - OS: Android 10 OOS vs Android 7 OOS (which is the current version i have in my OP5) << not sure how OP5 works under 8, 9 or even 10, but i tend to think that newer OS gens on older devices generally make them slower

i think the above are the most important factors affecting the "performance" (in the relatively narrow sense) of a device, and i think OPN is definitely better in all 3 areas..

11. Varunkan
    Froyo Aug 28, 2020

Varunkan , Aug 28, 2020 :
    can you tell me how is the nords camera in comparison to the 5t?

12. iamelton

mine is OP5..

i would say camera in OP5 is "better than none", and the camera in OPN is "better than better than none".. that sums it up for my camera experience..

Varunkan likes this.
  13. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Aug 28, 2020

Godfather 1 , Aug 28, 2020 :
    OnePlus has never been a camera phone.
    Nord doesn't change that trend.5t in my opinion is better than nord...

Neerajan likes this.
  14. krsna_cham
    Froyo Aug 28, 2020

krsna_cham , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Sure is an upgrade from OP5 to OPN but meh, its still bush-league...
    Go with a OP8 if you want really feel a serious upgrade from OP5

Neerajan likes this.
  15. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

Those are my exact thoughts.

krsna_cham likes this.
  16. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

It more about, whether it will be a noticable upgrade interms of performance?

krsna_cham likes this.
  17. Varunkan
    Froyo Aug 28, 2020

I agree with your opinion but you are forgetting one main aspect i.e Price. if Price wasn't a key component then hands down i would have gone with a OnePlus 8..

18. Varunkan
    Froyo Aug 28, 2020

I'm not calling you out on anything but do you have the nord phone ? I mean if you only see the nightscape feature which is not present in the 5t... for me that one feature itself is an upgrade.. also given the fact that there is a decent ultrawide present... also the fact that there is a better sensor (even if it is the same like OnePlus 7).. Even the video camera would be better with OIS.. So I would like to genuinely ask you what is it that makes you feel that the 5t is better and in what aspect? I am genuinely interested in buying the phone but I can't understand how the 5t is better than the Nord...

19. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 28, 2020

If price is a consideration, then why not go for the OnePlus 7T? it's almost in the same price bracket as 12gb 256gb OnePlus Nord.

krsna_cham likes this.
  20. krsna_cham
    Froyo Aug 28, 2020

krsna_cham , Aug 28, 2020 :
    Sadly time have changed,in the past with same price OPN you could grab a flagship smartphone :(

i ve some others thoughts you may consider too:

1) If you never tried an OP8 you may will be fine with a OPN but dont expect an effect wow coming from OP5,in any case you wont go wrong doing this upgrade.

2) If you are not in a hurry, OP8T is at doors, maybe you can get OP8 discounted.

3) You may consider a OP7T Pro that's still better than an OPN these days.

Neerajan likes this.