Performance issues random frame drops via OnePlus 8

1. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

XxZephyrxX , via OnePlus 8 , Dec 4, 2020 :
    Lots of frame drops after the recent update I'm pretty sure it's the problem with the latest stable update you guys almost fixed the whatsapp notification problem not completely yet the notification bar fades and comes back on whenever I watch video lot of frame drops on various apps it's so irritating so much problems what bullshit software optimisation is this!? Never settle is the motto you don't settle with the no of bugs you send out per update why do we have to fix this for good irritating af I've made plenty of threads in hopes you fix you never did except the major ones your don't own the best software anymore we buy your phone's for your software and if you mess this up you suck big time

jshanaa and Mudit@22 like this.
  2. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Arjun_Choudhry , Dec 4, 2020 :
    How about using the correct channel for reporting the bugs instead of creating redundant threads?
    Use the feedback section of the forums, as that's where bug reports go.
    You'll only find users here, not Bug Hunters.

3. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

Yeah thanks for your concern I've done that to

4. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

So why create another thread here?
    And what all have you done to ensure that a certain app isn't causing the issue?
    Did you boot your phone into safe mode to check for stutters? Did you clear cache from Recovery? Did you clear Google Play Services data? Uninstall updates for Google Play Services, and then re-updated it?

5. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

I've done all that I've been creating these many threads bug reports they never seem to fix it

6. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

This is just me hoping them to fix these issues despite me trying everything from my side nothing worked I've been dealing with these issues from A10 patience will run out for anyone

7. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

Creating a redundant thread won't make any difference here, unless the issue is widespread (which it isn't). Contact customer service for repair/replacement.

8. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

This is widespread there are many threads about this on this community everybody faces frame drops it's not buttery smooth anymore you sir might be one of the lucky one's while some of us are not

9. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

You do realise that out of say, a million devices sold, if a couple of hundred users are facing stuttery performance, then the issue isn't widespread.
    Also, what good will yet another thread in the community do? Its only going to clutter things up further

10. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

It's not couple of 100 users there are many people facing these problems people I know have these problems to most of the people who own indian variants have these problem's

11. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

Our argument is of no use to people let's just leave it at this shall we no offence just a guy who's trying to get what he should get out of this phone :)

12. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

I have 2 OnePlus 8 Pros, and a OnePlus 8, a OnePlus 7T, 2 OnePlus 6, a OnePlus 5T, and a OnePlus Nord, apart from older devices not receiving updates anymore. Not facing the issue on either. Also, if you do search, you'll find roughly 30-40 threads on it. Let's assume that 5 new people report such a bug in each thread, then around 200 people face this issue. Highly likely that the issue is due to an unoptimised app running in the background that you all have, instead of a lack of optimization.
    And as you have pointed out that you are aware of threads where this issue has been discussed, then stick to those threads instead of creating redundant ones. You're only risking of diluting your problem further.

13. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2020

I agree. You should do that. But do it in the proper channels. We can't help you out more than guiding you to the proper channel. If things don't work out, do take the phone to a service centre. Maybe a fresh flash of the latest software does the trick. Or perhaps they give you a replacement, if things go well.

XxZephyrxX likes this.
  14. XxZephyrxX
    Donut Dec 4, 2020

Thanks will take your advice I'm just hoping they would push a stable update to fix this XD thanks for the tip will try maybe after they push the next stable update and still doesn't go that way I have to do what you say! Also most of the people don't care to open a thread btw they just live with it XD I wish I had that lol but thanks for the tip will do after seeing next stable update as you said