Petition against file manager cleanup

?

After reading the thread, do you prefer if the feature stays?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GopalB.
    Nougat May 1, 2019

GopalB. , May 1, 2019 :
    Where is your secret Carl stash!!! o_O

2. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert May 1, 2019

Cheetosdust , May 1, 2019 :
    Carl's stache? Here it is:
    Carl Pei.jpg

3. rcmastah
    Cupcake May 1, 2019

rcmastah , May 1, 2019 :
    Why would I want an app that "cleans" a phone that's already one of the fastest phones in the world? OnePlus, please, for the love of God, don't start adding bloatware to OnePlus phones. I don't know if you've succumbed to the money or if you for some reason think that people actually want these useless apps, but this will do way, WAY more harm than good, if anything good can come from this.

4. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 1, 2019

KeepTransisting , May 1, 2019 :
    Well, there's a couple of factors:

1) People do want these types of apps. You see the random requests all the damn time for people asking for "how to clean cache" or "what app cleaner is best". Unfortunately, these people don't realize that these things do more harm than good.

2) The biggest issue is Tencent's involvement. Tencent owns WeChat, and it's been long known that they report everything on their social media platform to the Chinese government (as is the law in China). Because of this, I want no app from Tencent on my phone. It's why PUBG and Fortnite have never been installed on my phone, as well, because of Tencent's involvement with them. They have zero respect for privacy.

5. AnonymousWP

AnonymousWP , May 1, 2019 :
    Number 1 is the biggest nonsense reason ever (from them). There's a shitload amount of those apps in the Play Store which violate your privacy less (and sometimes more).

Some_Random_Username likes this.
  6. KeepTransisting

And they're all just as useless. App cleaners / task killers might have been useful in the earlier days of Android, but they serve zero purpose now.

SeeBeeEss and AnonymousWP like this.
  7. Sargo
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2019

Sargo , May 1, 2019 :
    they do serve a purpose - its to gather your data and sell it as well as make money from ads no user gain/benefit

8. KeepTransisting

You're correct. I should have added "they serve zero purpose to the user"

9. Nichrome
    Honeycomb May 1, 2019

Nichrome , May 1, 2019 :
    Users: we don't want bloatware
    OnePlus: Makes phone with no bloatware
    User: phone gets hot and there are camera issues
    Oneplus: ignores actual issues and releases spying "file manager"
    Profit.

10. Loveit
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2019

Loveit , May 1, 2019 :
    OnePlus in bed with Tencent now?!

This is absolutely hilarious.

11. Loveit
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2019

Loveit , May 1, 2019 :
    Well you can't say OnePlus don't listen to their customers. India market wants RAM boosters - India market shall receive.

12. D3SOX
    Gingerbread May 1, 2019

D3SOX , May 1, 2019 :
    Did samsung really collaborate with Cheetah Mobile? Why is there no manufacturer which does not do such shady things...?
    Once for me OnePlus was a really sympathetic company but slowly it is becoming less and less.. :c
    I'm really thinking if my next phone will be an android or not.

FlixbusLennart and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  13. Peter Krull

Peter Krull , May 1, 2019 :
    I vote for this feature to be removed, and have faith in OnePlus doing so. OnePlus as a Chinese company can't be blind to the fact that many people all over the world are sceptical of some Chinese companies, because some have questionable pasts and and sometimes even ties to the government. OnePlus has since the beginning been a beacon of light as to what a Chinese company with good intentions can represent, and I want them to stay that way, by distancing themselves from these less reputable companies.

Edit for clarity:
    What OnePlus is offering (for OxygenOS at least) is less tailored to the Chinese market than what let's say Huawei and Xiaomi has. That does not make one better than the other, but just that costumers of OnePlus outside of China will have different expectations.

It would really be the same if OnePlus decided to bundle Facebook or make some other app/service integration that some may or may not concsidered "bad" by the community.

Last edited: May 1, 2019

Sargo likes this.
  14. 7negiashish
    Eclair May 1, 2019

15. Samueldips
    Cupcake May 1, 2019

luxuskamel and G_Alex_Trew_SZkV like this.
  16. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 1, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  17. Loveit
    Jelly Bean May 1, 2019

Loveit , May 1, 2019 :
    What were these good intentions exactly? Your post actually comes across as kind of racist.

Companies' intentions are to make money. Even charities.

18. Lavin A.

Lavin A. , May 1, 2019 :
    Polls don't work on the community app which a majority of the people use. Also, I'd like to know why a person would prefer this feature or not with a reply.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  19. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 1, 2019

B_Wrath , May 1, 2019 :
    A reply here is good. Further, a poll gives a consolidation. At least it will attract votes from the browser users.

20. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat May 1, 2019

idkwhoiam322 , May 1, 2019 :
    Well, the poll doesn't have to be on the forum itself, does it?

Hydra Bob likes this.