Petition against file manager cleanup

?

After reading the thread, do you prefer if the feature stays?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DenyDarko
    Honeycomb May 2, 2019

2. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 2, 2019

SJBoss likes this.
  3. suyashbansal
    Froyo May 3, 2019

suyashbansal , May 3, 2019 :
    I'm totally against putting any Chinese company powered service on my OnePlus. I just hope this never comes to the stable Oxygen OS. I will be removing it then and using the Files Go by Google instead.

4. drl431
    Lollipop May 3, 2019

drl431 , May 3, 2019 :
    You know, OnePlus is a Chinese company, right?
    But yeah, I have no need for a Tencent app on my phone.

ironass and SeeBeeEss like this.
  5. suyashbansal
    Froyo May 3, 2019

I know about that but still I bought OnePlus because of the bloatware free nature of their devices compared to the other Chinese manufacturers. This is a bad move and will take away the peace of mind that I am having while using my OnePlus 6.

6. drl431
    Lollipop May 3, 2019

drl431 , May 3, 2019 :
    If this does make it out of beta (and out of India), at least there is always the option to replace file manager.

GinsBabu and Kytharsis like this.
  7. suyashbansal
    Froyo May 3, 2019

Yes. I agree.

8. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop May 3, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , May 3, 2019 :
    Yes. But i have denied storage permission for that game. Basically, that app hasn't been granted any permissions, and is strictly online for me.

9. GinsBabu
    Donut May 3, 2019

GinsBabu , May 3, 2019 :
    Yes, have to go that way then.

10. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer May 3, 2019

KeepTransisting , May 3, 2019 :
    PUBG / Fortnite have never been installed on my device because of Tencent's involvement. Even though EGS is giving away a ton of free games on their new storefront, I refuse to install it on my PC because of Tencent's stake with their company.

ironass and Kytharsis like this.
  11. iJohnnyCash
    Cupcake May 3, 2019

12. SeeBeeEss
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 3, 2019

SeeBeeEss , May 3, 2019 :
    A couple million more no votes to go on the petition/poll and maybe we can get this thing reversed...

... even though most of us have told a Cupcake at one time or another that OnePlus doesn't read these threads.

Just my ten - I mean two cents. ;)

Kytharsis likes this.
  13. Aman Choudhary 10
    Froyo May 4, 2019

Aman Choudhary 10 , May 4, 2019 :
    This is just simply privacy breach which I cannot accept, either I will be unistalling that file manager app, if that's possible, else I will sell this phone off!
    Don't want a phone which will send my data to some shitty Chinese server!
    And if this keeps continuing with upcoming phones, won't even recommend anyone to buy OnePlus phones!

People here are saying it's not big of a deal... but how this cannot be a big deal, when a company promises to deliver speed & performance and now tricking user with such shitty cleaners filled with data stealing embedded in it.

#dontwantfilemanagercleaner

Last edited: May 4, 2019

SeeBeeEss likes this.
  14. bhargavkukadiya
    Honeycomb May 4, 2019

15. JohnS
    Gingerbread May 4, 2019

JohnS , May 4, 2019 :
    Why a cleanup feature need to send data to an external server at all???

16. G_Hugh_Bird_rGfs
    Froyo May 4, 2019

17. rlramakrishnan
    Gingerbread May 4, 2019

rlramakrishnan , May 4, 2019 :
    I would even want the Amazon Apps (Kindle, Amazon Music, Amazon Shopping and Prime Video) to stop being crammed down our throats. If I wanted any of the apps, I'd download it. This is sheer bloatware.

18. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 4, 2019

Its.Leandroo , May 4, 2019 :
    First of all, spending your time hacking doesn't necessarily make you more aware of privacy issues.

Second, if you don't click on ads, or install/visit random apps/websites, you're fine. It's not like the moment you visit a website you'll get malware, but you shouldn't visit sketchy things in the first place.

Third, privacy does not exist. period. The government has more information about you than OnePlus would ever be able to get through collecting statistical data. Do you really care about someone knowing that you have Facebook installed because the app crashed once?

Edit: On topic: while I agree that this isn't really something we want (purely because it's something you don't need, and if you do, you have the Play Store for that) it isn't something that collects sensitive data.

19. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow May 4, 2019

B_Wrath , May 4, 2019 :
    You can Uninstall all amazon apps if you don't want them.

20. SJBoss
    Lollipop May 4, 2019

SJBoss , May 4, 2019 :
    They probably sell more devices in India than any other region so it’s kinda big deal tbh.
    Birth of a fanboi :rolleyes:
    You’re not, i mean the code is still there you wouldn’t know if they triggered it somehow.
    Maybe you didn’t get it, what i found from reading all these posts is that it’s akchually less about OnePlus and more about Tencent.

luxuskamel likes this.