[Petition] Please bring OP 7 to North America

?

Would you like to see the OP7 released in NA?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. Don't care

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. Duc Ngo
    Cupcake May 18, 2019

Duc Ngo , May 18, 2019 :
    Having been a long time fan of OnePlus (first with OP 1, currently using OP5, was hoping to upgrade to OP7), I was extremely disappointed that OnePlus decided to not bring the OnePlus 7 to North America.

To me OnePlus has always set itself apart for having a thorough understanding of what its customers need, delivering flagship level performance while keeping in mind what may or may not be useful for consumers.

While I appreciate that the 7 Pro is a breakthrough product with 90Hz screen and no notch, some of us still prefer having a phone that has good battery life and reliable parts. at the price of 7 Pro in Canada, users like me have started to realize that maybe OnePlus is too busy competing with the bells and whistles of Razer phones and forgetting that some users actually prefer having a good batter life (because you know, it's a MOBILE phone), and that the highly-mechanical pop up front camera isn't everyone's cup of tea. Personally I never had an issue with the tear drop notch on 6T... having that pop up camera means you now have another small piece is probably going to break in many real world situations. In the past we've seen OnePlus made some sound decisions, such as keeping the screen on OP5 as full HD instead of a QHD screen, for the sake of battery life and affordability. That is what OnePlus was known to its early consumers for - thorough understanding of what consumers need and intelligent decisions when it comes to which features to include as well as which features to exclude.

And frankly, at the price of the 7Pro in Canada, I might be seriously considering the Samsung Galaxy S10 instead. The 512GB version is having a very good discount (just over 1100 CAD vs. 1000 CAD + tax for the OP7 Pro) at the moment, and while I wasn't much of a Samsung fan, the lack of the OP7 in North America is means right now the Samsung is providing more value to me. I was anticipating the OP7 for almost half a year now and it's disappointing to see that at the moment I need an upgrade, a Samsung Galaxy S10 is actually a better choice.

prestonrodz likes this.
  2. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert May 18, 2019

3. Photoman9988
    KitKat May 18, 2019

4. Duc Ngo
    Cupcake May 18, 2019

Duc Ngo , May 18, 2019 :
    sorry if I mislabeled anything on this post. This is my first time posting here.

I just really want to say that I really hope OnePlus changes their mind and bring the OP7 to Canada, because I would really hate to see a company forgetting what makes them popular to begin with.

5. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert May 18, 2019

Hydra Bob , May 18, 2019 :
    Figured it would be easier to keep count that way. We have a lot of lurkers here that don't necessarily post very often.

theshinybeast and meatandy like this.
  6. drl431
    KitKat May 18, 2019

drl431 , May 18, 2019 :
    As I have a very functional OP6, I really don't care about the OP7/7pro (though the pro is pretty).
    Will wait a year or 2 for 5G to mature. By then the 5G modem will be integrated into the SoC
    (for lower power consumption) and 5G should be part of most phone plans.

meatandy likes this.
  7. meatandy
    Oreo May 18, 2019

theshinybeast and Baymax like this.
  8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert May 19, 2019

meatandy and theshinybeast like this.
  9. southaven1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2019

southaven1981 , May 19, 2019 :
    voted, with a yes.. I upgraded from my 3 to my 6 to the 7 pro. But I do feel like people should hve the same choices offered all over the globe.

meatandy and drl431 like this.
  10. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow May 19, 2019

Baymax, meatandy and theshinybeast like this.
  11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow May 19, 2019

Baymax and meatandy like this.
  12. The1Lion
    Lollipop May 19, 2019

The1Lion , May 19, 2019 :
    Noted
    Noted
    Noted
    Noted

And I voted twice, being from Chicago and all :rolleyes:;):D

meatandy likes this.
  13. Duc Ngo
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Duc Ngo , Jun 17, 2019 :
    still no OnePlus 7 in NA :(
    I guess it'll soon be goodbye from me. I am going to buy the Galaxy S10 instead.

It's sad to see a company forgetting what made them popular in the first place.

14. bpwest80
    KitKat Jun 17, 2019

15. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 17, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jun 17, 2019 :
    People who don't want to or can't spend $700 on a phone?

I've been finding myself recommending the Pixel 3a quite a bit lately. If the regular OP7 was available here I'd probably tell them that it would be worth the extra hundred bucks compared to the 3a but that isn't an option currently. Upper midrange phones are doing very well lately. I'm not sure what to make of their decision to go exclusively after the 'premium' market here in the US. That's not what OP is known for and it's not what got them to where they are now.

16. Duc Ngo
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Duc Ngo , Jun 17, 2019 :
    because personally I prefer battery life over 90hz screen that I absolutely do not need. If I need to game at a high frame rate that badly I would not do it on s phone.

17. bpwest80
    KitKat Jun 17, 2019

bpwest80 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    90hrz hardly touches the battery. I still get 7hrs of SOT or more. The 7 Pro is the smoothest and best phone I've ever used. The display is right up there with Samsung.

18. venkatasiva08
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019

19. Duc Ngo
    Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

Duc Ngo , Jun 17, 2019 :
    just comment "Voted".. I'm not sure if there's a better way of doing this

20. venkatasiva08
    Gingerbread Jun 17, 2019