Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 9, 2017

SoniaB , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Thread merged with existing

2. aris42
    Gingerbread Feb 13, 2017

3. janguv
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2017

janguv , Feb 14, 2017 :
    I'd be interested to know whether 4.0.3 changed the slider options at all, and if not, whether the workaround still works.

Nerdis likes this.
  4. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 14, 2017

5. Nerdis
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2017

Nerdis , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Don't Update to OOS 4.0.3 they Fixed the workaround with the Volume Down and sliderswitching!!!!!

6. Nerdis
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2017

Nerdis , Feb 14, 2017 :
    only a fix for the workaround.

7. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2017

PTuT , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Personal opinion. Just have OP make it fully customizable so everyone is happy. I don't know why OP doesn't address this issue (at least by saying something about it) as it seems to be one of the most requested item.

gcocucci likes this.
  8. SoniaB
    Head Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Feb 15, 2017

SoniaB , Feb 15, 2017 :
    Over 2000 signatures on the petition now
    giving this thread a healthy bump

gcocucci and pdwarren like this.
  9. SFeldman
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2017

SFeldman , Feb 16, 2017 :
    That isn't what the problem is. I personally want to be able to have it only vibrate when I'm on Ring Mode; not vibrate and ring.

gcocucci likes this.
  10. pdwarren
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2017

gcocucci likes this.
  11. pdwarren
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

pdwarren , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I've now "downgraded" to 3.2.8 to get away from this - much better! It was a pain to do it, but definitely worth it.

After a month of using it, I realised that there was nothing in 4.0 that was enough of an improvement over 3.2 to be worth living with a broken notification system. I was also suffering from the fact that the new OS removes the "Disable persistent notification on lock screen" option, which meant my lock screen was cluttered with an utterly useless notification telling me that an app that I have running all the time was in fact running.

12. steffenscholle
    Eclair Mar 21, 2017

steffenscholle , Mar 21, 2017 :
    As a new 1+ and android user this is very disappointing. How could I even set up notifications for all the different messages, when not even the damn slider is customizable.
    Why are there not free editable profiles to connect with the slider. This is basic stuff, even my Nokia 3210 had ringing profiles. Poor Android/1+/Oxygen what ever...

13. oogje16
    Donut Apr 2, 2017

oogje16 , Apr 2, 2017 :
    Received my OP3T Midnight Black a few days ago, and I'm very happy with it! However all of the above problems apply to me as well. On my OP One I could have Ring mode, with vibrations and sound, then Silent mode, with only vibrations, and Do not disturb, when only the LED indicator would blink.

I was hoping I could switch between those 3 quickly with the alert slider, but I'm disappointed. When in Do not disturb, it still makes sounds when sending or receiving a message in WhatsApp when the conversation is open. I used the Do not disturb function in class, to not disturb others. Vibration still makes sound when lying on a wooden table.

I understand that everyone would like something different, so please make the alert slider as customisable as the hardware buttons!

14. janguv
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2017

janguv , Apr 2, 2017 :
    Is there are any news on this? Any changes in the beta? I put off updating for a long time. I'm now on 4.1.1 (OP3), and really miss the workaround/"bug". The fact they patched that while still not responding to the upset is really frustrating.

15. Nerdis
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2017

16. Nerdis
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2017

17. pierrelf
    Honeycomb May 11, 2017

pierrelf , May 11, 2017 :
    I know this is a relatively old thread, but I'll answer here too.
    Why not have the slider work like this:
    Top: full silent mode (perfect for night / lectures, meetings etc.
    Middle: Vibrate only (for when sound is inappropriate but notifications are needed.
    Down: sound and vibration on.

Let users choose between the configuration above or the default one? It seems so obvious to me.
    /pierrelf

18. pierrelf
    Honeycomb May 11, 2017

pierrelf , May 11, 2017 :
    Could I suggest someone sends a support ticket or calls the support to see if the message is actually forwarded to the right people? I'm sure it's an incredibly easy fix

G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin likes this.
  19. G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin
    Donut Jun 10, 2017

G_Thomas_McGowan_Kcin , Jun 10, 2017 :
    It is an esy fix. Lots of people complained. The only explanation I have is that OP people don't bother about customers. This is a dealreaker for me.

sholiday and pierrelf like this.
  20. sholiday
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2017

sholiday , Jun 14, 2017 :
    This problem is OP forgot that they built the phone for customers to use, why CHANGE the usual customers' prefer setting and upset customers.

OP should be able to provide settings for customers themselves to choose which setting is right for them.