Phantom/Ghost touch on OnePlus 7 Pro

1. jeeters
    Eclair Dec 27, 2019

jeeters , Dec 27, 2019 :
    Nothing from OnePlus on this, unfortunately. I'm waiting for Galaxy S11 to come out.

2. georgewa
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2019

georgewa , Dec 31, 2019 :
    I have the same problem with my 7pro. I never had this problem when I used my phone at home, only when I was taking a walk outside. At first I thought it might be due to cold temperature, but later it appeared that it still happened when it was pretty warm. It did not happen always, but pretty frequent during my walks.

jeeters likes this.
  3. swoop2uk
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2020

swoop2uk , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 19, 2020 :
    I didn't used to get this issue but in the last couple of months or so it's been massively worse. Having to reboot my phone 2 or 3 times a day now to get it to stop. As others have said, I use NFC a lot so turning it off would be annoying.

It's not only a phantom touch I get though - when it starts happening the very top right corner of the screen stops responding to touches too. Reboot my phone and that's fixed too for a while.

I've had a bunch of OnePlus phones now and this is the first one I've had any real issues with. The annoying thing is the lack of response from OnePlus about it - they just seen to be ignoring it. Do a quick search on Google or in the community app and there's multiple threads and discussions about it - no responses from OnePlus anywhere though. Started making me consider looking elsewhere for my next phone - something I really don't want to do. There's a lot of things to like about their phones and the speedy Android updates, but having an unstable phone and no response is disappointing to say the least.

4. nom4life98
    Cupcake Mar 20, 2020

5. RikenManandhar
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2020

RikenManandhar , Mar 27, 2020 :
    My oneplus 7 pro also did something weird things like auto swipe and touches so please fix this problem its been only a week since I bought it[e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

E1587101850491 likes this.
  6. E1587101850491
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2020

E1587101850491 , Apr 17, 2020 :
    I purchased my OP7 Pro today, and after updating from 10.0.1 to 10.0.3, I've noticed my device tends to repeat letters I've typed or fails to display them altogether. Scrolling is usually smooth but kinda jerks in a way I feel is related to this "phantom touch". I was very excited to have this phone, but now I'm worried it won't be functional enough to enjoy :(

_Rajvardhan_patil likes this.
  7. Ruslan_Tuzuev
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2020

Ruslan_Tuzuev , Apr 27, 2020 :
    Here is a video of the screen recording, I didn’t see that someone made it here ...
    https://yadi.sk/d/HJoB9Y1rpP4BGg

So ...

In English.

Greetings, sad people ... I joined your club, after the update 10.3 the problems of phantom clicks started. I turned on the display of screen taps and clearly saw how in the upper left corner the touchscreen registers clicks (mainly clicks of the left side of the screen are recorded, but in the upper part most). Previously, I most likely had this problem, I noticed phantom clicks in the Hearthstone game, but at that moment I considered it a bug of the game itself, so I do not exclude that the problem was earlier and I just did not notice it.

What is the solution to the problem? Nothing ...

No programs from google play help.
    No software guides on the Internet help (I do not flash the phone).

The phone in perfect condition did not fall, did not reflash. Installing three navigation buttons partially solved the problem, but I can’t keep the application shortcut or folder with the file or print messages with 100% certainty. I now have to double-check everything ...

If suddenly someone has a solution to this problem, I personally will make a donation on paypal to this person. After all, I understand that OnePlus is a small indie company and it is impossible to do it for her, maybe my financial help will speed up this process.

На русском.

Приветствую Вас, грустные люди... Я вступил в Ваш клуб, после обновления 10.3 началась проблемы фантомных нажатий. Я включил отображение нажатий экрана и отчётливо увидел, как в левом верхнем углу тачскрин регистрирует нажатия(преимущественно регистрируются нажатия левой стороны экрана но в верхней части больше всего). Раньше данная проблема вероятнее всего у меня была, я замечал фантомные нажатия в игре Hearthstone, но в тот момент я считал это багом самой игры, поэтому я не исключаю, что проблема была раньше и я просто её не замечал.

Что по решению проблемы? Ни че го....

Никакие программы из google play не помогают.
    Никакие software гайды в интернете не помогают(телефон не прошиваю).

Телефон в идеальном состоянии не падал не перепрошивался. Установка трёх кнопок навигации частично решила проблему, но ярлык приложения или папку с файлом или печать сообщений я со 100% уверенностью вести не могу. Мне приходится теперь всё перепроверять...

Если вдруг у кого то появится решение данной проблемы я лично сделаю донат на paypal этому человеку. Ведь я понимаю, что OnePlus это маленькая инди-компания и для неё это сделать непосильно, может быть моя материальная помошь ускорит этот процесс.

8. _Rajvardhan_patil
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2020

_Rajvardhan_patil , Apr 28, 2020 :
    Yes, i am having the same issue, it also does happen with traditional 3 buttons

9. F1584466929039
    Cupcake May 22, 2020 at 7:40 AM

F1584466929039 , May 22, 2020 at 7:40 AM :
    I have OnePlus 7 EU version and currently I am using Hydrogen OS beta 12 and only issue I have is ghost touches when playing CoD mobile. I found out it is related to original OnePlus silicon case in combination with dirty screen after I removed the original screen protector (touch layer seems very sensitive and any dirt on screen cause inaccuracy in precise aiming). When I bought the phone it came with Oxygen OS preloaded and I didn't have any ghost touch until I removed the screen protector. Now I am using Spigen case and have no issues.