Phone Acting Weird. Deleted text messages automatically and contacts as well. Unable to rrcover via OnePlus 6

1. omsinghs15
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

omsinghs15 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    OnePlus 6 is acting weird. The system has deletrd my trxt messages and contavcta automatically and I am unable to recover the same. Tried Android Recovery tool as well but no luck in recovering. Why does this happen and is there any fox for the same.

2. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2020

drl431 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Consider a factory reset. Backup you data (except the apps) to the cloud or a pc first. Don't backup your apps as you could re-introduce the issue when restoring them.

Artemus. likes this.
  3. omsinghs15
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

4. drl431
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2020

drl431 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Do you use junk apps (memory boosters/cleaners/antivirus)? Also, contacts are usually backed up with your Google account, Android tools wont help there.

Artemus. likes this.
  5. omsinghs15
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

omsinghs15 , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Nopes, I donot use any junk apps. When contacts got deleted tried to sync it with Google account but contacts were not there. I am sure I have synced it earlier. Today same thing happened with text messages , it just got deleted automatically, I am looking for root cause of it because now its bothering me a lot.

6. swami4779
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2020

swami4779 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 10, 2020 :
    Facing the same issue with one plus 7 since 2 days .all my text msgs and contacts are also deleted..I don't know what the problem with one plus phones..I reached to service centre but no solution

7. Heston_Highland
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020 at 1:39 AM

Heston_Highland , Aug 6, 2020 at 1:39 AM :
    i have a One Plus 7 Pro and my contacts get randomly deleted. They disappear from the cloud as well. Is there a solution to this problem?

Also i have always installed all the software updates regularly. The problem has been going on since i bought the phone.