Phone Calls Over Bluetooth Not Working

1. fturizo
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

fturizo , Jul 24, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 3T phone that got updated to Android Nougat last year. Ever since then, whenever I try to make a phone call via bluetooth (either headphones or car-BT), I hear nothing and the receiver of the call can't hear anything as well. This only happens when doing phone calls, since other types of media (videos, music) works without issues. I thought that this could be repaired with a single factory reset so I tested this today and didn't work.

As per your instructions on the email I got from Oneplus Support, I have captured Bluetooth Wireless Logs and made them available in the following location: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N3R50f8qF9dQaLqmhzwPwKepPIaoB3xm/view?usp=drivesdk

The error occurs around 9:33~9:37. Let me know if you need additional information.

2. G_Shams_Waleed_FETP
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

G_Shams_Waleed_FETP , Jul 28, 2019 :
    You are lucky that you got a response from OnePlus!
    I have put a post on the support forum, and I'm waiting for a response since 6 months!

Anyway, I have exactly the same as your problem, it got fixed though after Android 9, but it went back when the new update on Oxygen 9.0.4 rolled out...

3. D1564854384420
    Donut Aug 8, 2019

D1564854384420 , Aug 8, 2019 :
    This is a very common problem. I and many others with whom I talked in different forums have the same problem. With any bluetooth devices, on different firmware: 5.0.8, 9.0.4 and 9.0.5. life hacks do not help. People ask questions in support of Oneplus, but there is no answer. It seems that Oneplus themselves do not know what they did. Some people advise changing your phone and forget about Oneplus.
    It’s sad. Good luck to all.

4. matrixino
    Eclair Aug 20, 2019

matrixino , Aug 20, 2019 :
    I'm suddenly having the same problem, it was working fine till 1 week ago. I copy-paste the same post I did on XDA hoping to receive some hints.

Hello,
    As title says suddenly I can't hear anything through my car BT (Audi) or BT headphones. It was working fine till around a week ago.
    I can hear media\music just fine (for example Spotify) in both headphones and car speakers.
    Bluetooth is connected correctly as usual, but I can't hear people in calls and they can't hear me too.
    In car I can normally start a call with steering wheel buttons, just I don't hear anything. If I change audio output on phone to speaker or phone I ear them, if I rechange to BT silent again.
    I tried another phone in my car and it's working fine.
    I tried my phone in another car and same problem occurs, so it's some setting in my phone (even if I don't remember changing anything since it was working).
    I'm on stock OOS 9.0.5 + Magisk.

Things I've tried by googling A LOT of forums:
    1) Resetting network\BT data from Settings>Reset
    2) Clearing storage and cache for the Bluetooth system app
    3) Manually deleting paired devices from both my car and my phone and re-add them.
    4) Played with the BT audio codec\bitrate\version\etc options in developers menu without luck.
    5) Tried disabling google now, ok google feature.
    6) Tried disabling device discovery for Bluetooth.

Things I take as last chance: changing kernel, clean flash.
    Any suggestions?

5. Josluqcal
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2020

Josluqcal , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Hi
    I have the same problem as you. My Oneplus 3T does not work bluetooth on calls. Not in my car, not in my wife's car or in the bluetooth headphones.
    As you say, I have done everything that appears in the different forums as you indicate.
    My question is:
    Did you get to solve the problem? I don't know what to do anymore.
    I would appreciate you telling me something.
    Greetings