Display Phone Dropped - Black Screen but touch of light when turned on

1. erwoe
    Froyo Nov 16, 2016

erwoe , Nov 16, 2016 :
    Hi,

Just dropped my phone flat down on a hard surface.

Only micro cracks on the screen, but it remains black. Buttons are still working, the led for charging too.

I noticed when I light turn it off and on that there is a tiny flash of light happening for a mirco second, and was wondering if the shock may have slightly disconnected the screen.
    Do you reckon that would be possible and if so, should i just open it to verify everything is well plugged / connected inside? Won't hold you responsible if I end up breaking it ;)

Cheers,

Erwan

2. XAgentX
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2017

XAgentX , Feb 19, 2017 :
    Did the issue end up getting fixed ik ow this is a old thread but it's the only one close to what happened to mine. I dropped it and no cracks happened but after two days of the back light flickering the screen just went black. The screen is still respawns with touch able to turn on flash light by V on the screen camera comes on with double power button tap so everything as far as the screen it self works just it's black and comes on for that micro second as you said. Let me know if you took it apart. As I'm about to do this and check connection.

3. XAgentX
    Gingerbread Feb 19, 2017

4. ldziubenko
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2017

ldziubenko , Jun 6, 2017 :
    Another person wondering if this got fixed/if it was just a matter of replacing the screen. My oneplus 3 has the same issue.

5. G_Manish_Pathak_esmJ
    Cupcake Jun 7, 2017

G_Manish_Pathak_esmJ , Jun 7, 2017 :
    Same thing happened to me, phone fell on hard floor, micro crack on the screen, screen went black but was responsive, I had to replace the display, cost me INR 8750/-. Did if anyone found a different solution, please share.

6. LuiCat
    Cupcake Jan 22, 2018

LuiCat , Jan 22, 2018 :
    Sorry to dig this out, but it would be helpful for anyone who met this problem and found this thread on Google.

I had the exact same problem as erwoe had (except that I'm using OnePlus 3t), and tried to break my phone up before sending it to anyone to repair it. I followed some teardown tutorials and removed the back cover of the phone. Then I found one of the connectors loose. (The upper one in the middle of the picture)

[​IMG]

I simply tightened it and the screen is working again!

For a quick explanation, this seems to be the LCD connector, which has nothing to do with the LED and buttons, so that only the screen keeps black but the buttons is working.

Hope this helps to anyone who had the same problem and ended up finding this thread.
    (I'm not responsible for any consequence of disassembling the phone. Just please follow the tutorials online carefully, and you will not break anything -- it's pretty easy!)

040898 likes this.
  7. Y1596530203745
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

Y1596530203745 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Same is happening with me, how can I fix this

8. Y1624015224557
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2021

Y1624015224557 , Jun 18, 2021 :
    Did U fixed it?