Phone factory reset in my pocket

1. Sunil_Tiwari
    Cupcake May 4, 2020

Sunil_Tiwari , May 4, 2020 :
    Hi,

It's unbelievable that my phone got formatted and hole data got deleted when it was in my pants pocket.

Don't know how it has happened.

my phone having finger print lock and pin lock as well then also it got formatted.

As everyone knows that how important phone data is and I want to know how it has happened so that next it should not happen again ☹️[e]1f612[/e].

please help.

also need help how I can LOCK my phone settings.

2. genialsandeep
    Honeycomb May 4, 2020

3. Batman360
    Oneplus Co-Creator Award 2021, Accessory Tester Writers' Club May 4, 2020

Batman360 , May 4, 2020 :
    We can't help you, really sorry for your data loss though but once it's gone, it's gone.
    Maybe there had been alot of pocket touches due to the absence on pocket mode in 7 series, and wiped all your data once max. numbers of tries were reached.

Also you can't lock your phone settings

Liehjan likes this.
  4. anupmehra
    Honeycomb May 4, 2020

anupmehra , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 4, 2020 :
    This is not normal and should not happen to any person. However I don't think it has anything to do with Oneplus software or even native android software.
    My bet is, you were using some sort of security app which you had granted permission to wipe out phone if a defined number of password attempts is reached. Yup, that's just it. (Blackberry had it as a native feature. On Android a few external apps do this job).

G_Cihat_Hazar_pjwK likes this.
  5. Vijai Selvan
    Eclair Sep 2, 2020

Vijai Selvan , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Oneplus team please make a note of this issue. Very serious thing. It happened to me in the oneplus nord. Still this not even addressed in many threads. :( Total disappoinment

6. SVM911
    Honeycomb Sep 2, 2020

7. R.Peter
    Jelly Bean Sep 2, 2020

R.Peter , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Sep 2, 2020 :
    Yeah, because it doesn't happen every day. I wear my phone in my jeans' pocket and the biggest thing happened was the notification area was pulled down. If the phone is locked the chance that you unintentionally press the correct PIN is very-very-very minimal.
    Except if smart lock keeps the device unlocked, then, of course, it can wander in the phone's menu.

8. Q1598680533052
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2020

Q1598680533052 , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Same to u
    My one plus Nord factory has data reset it self in my pocket at last night when i go to evening walk i notesed phone become heated when i saw the phone phone shows welcome to one plus Nord
    I was shoket what is happenid i lost all my data in my pocket and i can't restore them..it's so bad i request to one plus community plz sole the problem and discribe why it hepen ..with one plus Nord .

9. akks
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2020

akks , Sep 20, 2020 :
    Hole data inside pants pocket:D:D shouldn't have lost that;);)

Artemus likes this.
  10. PsYstein
    Donut Sep 23, 2020

11. Mastermind_Jojo
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2020

Mastermind_Jojo , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Well, switching between user isn't possible when the phone is locked.

If the phone was locked when it was kept into the pocket, then this would not have been the case.

Well there's a lot that can go wrong here! I wish that the thread creator had checked his phone prior keeping it in the pocket.