Phone fixed in Australia & where to buy screen

1. tamtim01
    Froyo Jul 2, 2015

tamtim01 , Jul 2, 2015 :
    Does anyone in Australia know of a place that can fix a broken oneplus one screen? Im in Victoria.

Also where is the best place to buy a new screen from please, obviously it needs the digitiser too? I bought one of ebay but its a green in colour, is that right?

Thanks everyone

2. SamuraiKitty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2015

SamuraiKitty , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I'm in Victoria too. No one will fix your screen. They have no idea what the phone is.. Lol. Sorry, but you're going to have to replace it yourself. I bought a new screen off Ali express and repaired myself.

LynnYg and doctor_who like this.
  3. tamtim01
    Froyo Jul 2, 2015

tamtim01 , Jul 2, 2015 :
    Thanks SamaraiKitty, I did get a quote $240 but had to send to Sydney. I have a replacement screen not sure if it is the right one. What is the webaddress that you got yours from please?

Thanks heaps

SamuraiKitty likes this.
  4. jmazzamj
    Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2015

jmazzamj , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I would say ebay is your best bet, TBH.

I really hope your screen is compatible.

I'm in Italy right now, so I can't really help...

5. titan010
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2015

6. SamuraiKitty
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2015

SamuraiKitty , Jul 2, 2015 :
    No problem. The web address I got mine from is here: http://www.ali express.com/item/Brand-new-LCD-Display-Touch-screen-Digitizer-with-frame-For-OnePlus-ONE-free-shipping/32261491537.html
    (Remove the space inbetween ali and express, OnePlus blocks their URLs for some reason)

It's probably cheaper to do that yourself then get someone else to, the cost for a shop to fix is usually around $100, but like I said before, no one will fix it anyway.

Shipping through the normal Chinese mail is something around 40 days..! I got DHL shipping for $20 more, so it only took about 5 days.

The good part about this one is that it comes with the metal frame, so if you've dented our scratched the metal frame it's repaired too, and the other part is you don't have to peel of the glass, then replace the LCD, because you really only have to transfer all of the internal components apart from the display (obviously).

The replacement is great quality, only problem that I have is the notification light is extremely dim. I don't know if the replacement had the LED built in, but if not then it's my fault.

Good luck!

7. Cool-Nerd
    Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2015

Cool-Nerd , Jul 2, 2015 :
    I got an invite, bought it, got it shipped to relatives in the US and then shipped to me in Bris...peice of piss mate :p

8. qetuol
    Froyo Sep 10, 2015

qetuol , Sep 10, 2015 :
    hi,

could you figure out why is the LED notif dim? i face the same problem. The LED module (which is located on the motherboard, not the replacement screen) works perfect, it just doesnt shine through the LED hole.