[Submitted] Phone freezing and switching off

1. aabhaas.sharma
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

aabhaas.sharma , Apr 22, 2021 :
    During normal usage, while using applications like facebook, instagram, whatsapp etc or while playing any game wherein the processor needs to process data more rapidly my phone freezes for a few seconds followed by few lines or dots appearing on the screen and then the phone just shuts down completely. After this i am not able to turn it on using the power button.
    After waiting for a few minutes ranging from 5 to even 30 minutes i have to reboot my phone by pressing and holding the power button + volume up or down key together. The phone reboots but i get a message on screen 'Qualcomm CrashDump Mode.' Again i have to turn off my phone using power button and using fast reboot to turn it back on.

2. Suhas Klkrn555
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 23, 2021

Suhas Klkrn555 , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thanks for the detailed information. We’ll certainly pass on the information to the right team to get this sorted soon.

Thanks & Regards,
    Suhas.

3. aabhaas.sharma
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2021

aabhaas.sharma , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Thank you for your response Suhas. I would also like to add a few points here:
    1. I have been facing phone heating up issue since the time i bought my phone. And my phone temperature has been rising constantly with usage and time. Till recently since this issue has started coming up my phone has been heating up like a frying pan kept on high flame.

2. Few weeks back this issue used to come up once a week or every 15 days. The occurence frequency has been rising since then to about 8-10 times in a day. Today itself this issue occured and my phone went completely blank for 3-4 hours. I am just worried that this issue severity is increasing by the minute and it should not happen that my phone goes completely dead.

3. I have not been able to visit a service centre as I live in Pune, India and my city has been under lockdown since almost the start of this month. All service centers are closed and i am not even able to contact them. I have tried contacting the oneplus care via call but they have also suggested that they cannot help remotely and i will have to visit a service centre itself. Now since the severity of this issue is increasing day by day i am worried that my phone will die out completely before the service centres open up back again.

So request you to please look into this urgently as i am stuck alone without any other alternate option of a backup device. I am even ok if any technician can visit my residence to address this issue.