OxygenOS Phone got factory reset itself

1. Tavjot
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

Tavjot , Jun 4, 2016 :
    I was listing to music in the gym and suddenly the music stopped and when I took my phone out to see whats up , BAMM! everything is gone. It feels like my life is over . Please tell me how to fix this or can it be fixed or not.

Alexkovalik likes this.
  2. evertking
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2016

3. Shuffler505
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2016

Shuffler505 , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Do you back up your device? If you do you can restore your latest back up and you will be close to how you were. A lot of information will be linked to your Google account; contacts, photos, music etc. which can be synced quite easily. Not sure why this happened, do you mind me asking which phone you are using?

4. Tavjot
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

Tavjot , Jun 4, 2016 :
    ONEPLUS 2
    and yes I have backed up my contacts and stuff but about 35 GB of SONGS , TV shows , Movies are gone.

5. Tavjot
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

Tavjot , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Thanks , I ll take a look.

6. Ankit 07

Ankit 07 , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Maybe,you must have accidentally activated guest mode. Check the current user,if guest then switch. Because,the probability of getting factory reset automatically, is quite low to none.

Spannaa, cedalone and Mr. BG like this.
  7. Tavjot
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

Tavjot , Jun 4, 2016 :
    AAAAAWWWHHHHHHHH MAAAAANNNNNNN !!! Thank you !! I feel so stupid right now

andrina224 and marinobiagio like this.
  8. Ankit 07

Ankit 07 , Jun 4, 2016 :
    It's my pleasure to help! Enjoy your phone! :)

9. jonnytoronto
    Cupcake Jul 17, 2016

jonnytoronto , Jul 17, 2016 :
    My oneplus 3 which I've had for one week, has just factory reset itself while sitting on my bedside table, Everything deleted and returned to factory settings. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to use the device now as I don't trust this not to happen again. Please help.

10. pastmann
    Donut Jul 17, 2016

pastmann , Jul 17, 2016 :
    Your in oneplus 2 section, I'd check your passwords and change them in your google account also enable 2 step verification, the re setup your oneplus 3 again.

11. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2016

f1982 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    His just happened to me.

Using my phone just fine, put it in my pocket to go make a cup of coffee, I take it out again once said coffee is made and the screen has Chinese writing on it. I haven't got a clue what it is, so I force restart the phone. It restarts to factory settings, with a message saying my phone has been reset.
    Absolutely furious.
    It's currently redownloading apps, but I've lost so much content. I work away from home and have movies and music saved to the phone. That's just the tip of the iceberg. It's all gone.

Oneplus 3 on the latest firmware, FYI.

G_Skip_Dead_lFzg likes this.
  12. F_Scott_Sanderson_bztH
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2016

F_Scott_Sanderson_bztH , Nov 7, 2016 :
    Having similar problem but seems to occur when charging phone in car on generic charger, not official Oneplus in car charger. Wouldn't expect that to cause problems however.

13. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2016

f1982 , Nov 8, 2016 :
    I had an issue where the phone would re-boot ALOT whilst on charge in the car. A fix for that is to change the location settings to 'device only' rather than assisted.
    Is this what you experience, or is your phone literally reverting to factory settings whilst in the car?!?!

14. Alexkovalik
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2016

Alexkovalik , Dec 8, 2016 :
    Just got the same problem my OnePlus 3 got restored by itself over night and I had a lot of apps and music that all got deleted...

15. mmjuban
    Cupcake Dec 24, 2016

mmjuban , Dec 24, 2016 :
    same here, just happened to me last night walking around with my 1+3. when I got home the screen was already showing the setup screen. i've never had this problem with other phones before.

16. G_Skip_Dead_lFzg
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2017

G_Skip_Dead_lFzg , Jan 6, 2017 :
    I got the same problem with some chiness word and then I force restarted it. Do someone find a way to fix this problem ? Do OnePlus staff already knew this problem ?

17. ninjaong
    Donut Feb 21, 2017

ninjaong , Feb 21, 2017 :
    Just had mine auto wiped.. WTF

18. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 21, 2017

youbi , Feb 21, 2017 :

Thread moved to the support section.

Are you sure you didn't do anything for that to happen?

19. ninjaong
    Donut Mar 10, 2017

ninjaong , Mar 10, 2017 :
    After much investigation, I realised it was a security feature.
    After too many attempts of PIN (phone auto activated in pocket), the phone auto wipes its data. No idea how to turn this off but at least I have found the cause.

Not sure if this is the same for everyone else in this thread.

andrina224 likes this.
  20. Pavan_143v
    Cupcake Jun 1, 2017

Pavan_143v , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Same issue here. Removed my phone (A3003) from pocket and it is showing welcome screen. Went through setup. Not seeing any data. No back up.
    Any help appreciated.