phone hang and freeze issue

1. aarushrajani
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

aarushrajani , Jul 4, 2017 :
    I did a factory reset yesterday. manual flash os from the website and yet my issue remains unresolved.
    my issue is that my phone would freeze and hang after a couple of minutes and just keeps on repeating to freeze like that throughout the day.
    it would sometimes freeze while using some apps and mostly when the phone is locked and I touch the fingerprint sensor and the phone wouldn't turn on after which I press the lock button to wake the screen up and swipe to insert my unlock pin but the screen remains frozen for a few seconds and then the phone becomes responsive again and starts to work
    At first I thought that it was a problem with my Facebook messenger app, then I faced a freezing issue with Whatsapp and then whenever I wanted to type using gboard the keyboard won't come up and the phone would freeze.
    the phone was working absolutely fine 5 days ago.
    my phone is about 6 months old and has never been dropped to the floor or anything like that and I haven't even rooted it or anything. I am running on latest Oxygen os 4.1.6 and Android 7.1.1
    I've now turned off aggressive doze and I hope that my phone doesn't freeze again. If the issue persists, should I just go to the service centre?
    is there anyone else who's facing random hanging and freezing issue with their OP3t recently?

2. diwakar_18
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2017

3. aarushrajani
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

i flahsed through internal memory. should I just do it through sideload? is it different?

4. diwakar_18
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2017

diwakar_18 , Jul 4, 2017 :
    maybe your package has issues.... try downloading the rom from official OnePlus downloads page and flash it through adb sideload....hope this works

aarushrajani likes this.
  5. diwakar_18
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2017

diwakar_18 , Jul 4, 2017 :
    above!

aarushrajani likes this.
  6. aarushrajani
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

just completed the adb sideload and clear wiped cache.
    hope this works.
    thanks

7. diwakar_18
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2017

8. Rajasekaranmam
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2017

Rajasekaranmam , Jul 9, 2017 :
    I am also started facing exactly same issues of hone hang as mentioned by this thread owner.
    6 times phone hung even after flashed latest 4.1.6 and done cache clear many times but still it pops some time.
    Thought of doing factory reset but I shall wait for some more time.
    I do not know about adb sideload flash but thanks guys, I ll check it in Google.
    Any other suggestions are welcome and really appreciate it.

9. aarushrajani
    Froyo Jul 9, 2017

aarushrajani , Jul 9, 2017 :
    adb sideload didn't solve the issue. I cleared cache and wiped all data. did a clean manual flash os install via internal memory and adb sideload different times and also tried a factory reset and nothing has helped ao far.
    since I've read a few threads on the community app about similar problems I'm pretty convinced its a software issue and not my phone.
    quite a few people are facing such issues and I hope OnePlus comes up with a solution soon.

Abhishek Chowdhury and Achaebe like this.
  10. Achaebe
    Donut Jul 9, 2017

Achaebe , Jul 9, 2017 :
    4.1.6 is also a disaster on my phone. Apps have been crashing a lot since the last update, but this is the least of my problems. Many times, an app has frozen, and none of the buttons would work (except the power button). Then, after a couple seconds of having a frozen phone, my OnePlus 3 would just restart. But perhaps the most annoying is the fact that the lock screen would just stop working properly. The fingerprint sensor, as well as the touchscreen would become unresponsive (I think once downward gestures worked while upward gestures didn't). It would be impossible to unlock the phone. Sometimes I wait it out for 15 minutes or so and my phone starts working again. Other times, I'm a bit more impatient, and I go to restart the phone. After holding down the power button for a bit and the restart option popping up, because the touchscreen is unresponsive, I can't restart that way. So, I end up having to just hold the power button down until the phone turns off, and restart it that way. Anyway, the amount of times this has happened has become really annoying. This never happened before 4.1.6.

Rajasekaranmam and aarushrajani like this.
  11. aarushrajani
    Froyo Jul 9, 2017

aarushrajani , Jul 9, 2017 :
    Hope they fix the issue soon. it's a shame that such an amazing phone with one of the best specifications is being let down by such a bug filled software.

Achaebe likes this.
  12. jutzo
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2017

jutzo , Jul 9, 2017 :
    im facing the same issue here...hope they fix it as soon as possible cause i cant stand it anymore!!!

13. CodyF
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

14. Sumeet9987
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

15. Sumeet9987
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

Sumeet9987 , Jul 10, 2017 :
    have done a factory reset the phone was fine for a few hours but the issue started again..

16. ivijaysharma
    Eclair Jul 10, 2017

17. G_kale_weekes_HrRF
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

18. F_Mark_Zellinger_fNQv
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

19. G_Yash_Jain_bcJx
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

20. vivekyuvagandhi
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2017

vivekyuvagandhi , Jul 10, 2017 :
    been facing the same issue for almost a week now. 4.1.6 was working well until this issue happened. if so many of us have been facing the same then it's for OnePlus to fix.

aarushrajani likes this.