phone hang and freeze issue

1. StewJordan
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2017

2. StewJordan
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2017

3. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 11, 2017

ElGregoLoco , Jul 11, 2017 :
    Did it work man and can you now transfer the issue to op devs ?

4. Sahil Tewari
    Cupcake Jul 11, 2017

5. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 11, 2017

ElGregoLoco , Jul 11, 2017 :
    What do you mean ?
    OP should just release a corrective patch asap... Many users being in such a bad situation for over a week is unacceptable.

hockeyrobin1 likes this.
  6. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 12, 2017

Rajasekaranmam and hockeyrobin1 like this.
  7. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 12, 2017

Crystal Z. , Jul 12, 2017 :
    Hi, all

Sorry to hear about this issue.
    Please help collect some logs so that we could look into it.
    1. Input *#800# from dialing interface, enter "oneplus logkit", delete history log
    2. Click "advanced", choose "save log type", make sure that all options are selected (Kernel, Main, System, Radio, Event, Tcpdump), then click OK
    3. Click "save log", when it informs you whether to reboot, click “cancel”
    4. Try to reproduce the issue and take a screenshot of the issue happening time, when the freeze occurred, enter oneplus logkit- other log info- get systrace info within 5 seconds
    5. Stay for several minutes, click “save log” again to stop it, then send us the whole oem_log folder (file manager-storage) along with the screenshots through google drive
    After you share us the logs, please delete the file from your phone or it will occupy a lot of storage.

Please send the logs to bughunters@oneplus.net with the issue link.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    OnePlus Bug Hunters

Rajasekaranmam likes this.
  8. Arjun_Asok
    Cupcake Jul 12, 2017

Arjun_Asok , Jul 12, 2017 :
    I am really fed up ,phone becomes very slow ,over heated and battery backup is very poor . 3or 4 hrs is maximum back up for full charge

9. bagl0312
    Froyo Jul 12, 2017

bagl0312 , Jul 12, 2017 :
    It seems that the problem is solved by installing the last Google play services from apk mirror.
    I installed the version:

11.3.02 (440-161239932)

and I am not having anymore freezing issues

10. saithez
    Donut Jul 12, 2017

saithez , Jul 12, 2017 :
    After a day of observation post hard reset(erase everything) I am not facing this issue any more.

11. invy
    Eclair Jul 12, 2017

invy , Jul 12, 2017 :
    same as the initial thread + the rebooting..

please help and fix it.

12. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 12, 2017

ElGregoLoco , Jul 12, 2017 :
    I'm an electronic engineer and I don't think I completely understand nor am able to apply this procedure... Are you seriously trying to help us here... As a simple user, I just want a phone working normally (as did my LG for several years, before my Nexus 5 for about 4 years...)...
    EDIT: sorry man, I just realised you probably don't work for OnePlus and are just a passionate bug Hunter... In this case, thanks for the proposal but I admit that I can't imagine spending so much effort and time just to have a working phone.

I tried that... I will keep everyone informed... If I face no issue in over 24 hours, it will mean it probably solved the issue as I face the issue every 6-10 hours for the past week and a half

EDIT : over 12 hours since application of the Google Play Services update via APK as suggested by bagl0312... And the phone is still running super fine with no lag/freezing... So this solution seems to work for me also.
    I'll wait a few days to confirm and post this solution in the bug thread I opened earlier.
    (I thank you so much bagl0312)

EDIT2:
    Sorry guys, bad news, Yesterday, I tried updating the Google Play Services as suggested in bagl0312 above, and I thought it worked as I got no bugs from yesterday 11:00am to this morning when I woke up at 7:00am... Almost 24 hours... I was so happy after a week during which my phone has been a nightmare and had negative impact even on my job... But no, this phone software seems really crappy, and I got a major 3 mins long I hanging when trying to wake up the phone this morning.
    Sincerely, I really feel sad now...
    Many users are facing a major issue for over a week and OP does not care visibly... If it was a Apple or Samsung phone, the issue would have been a massive media buzz and a solution would have been provided in less then a day... I guess I now know why we pay less to have a OP....

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

hockeyrobin1 likes this.
  13. H.Wong
    Cupcake Jul 13, 2017

H.Wong , Jul 13, 2017 :
    Can confirm updating GP Services does not help solve this problem on Open Beta 19.

hockeyrobin1 and ElGregoLoco like this.
  14. ned82rt
    Froyo Jul 13, 2017

ned82rt , Jul 13, 2017 :
    The only thing that at least helps this issue for me seems to be going into recovery (currently using OP's recovery) and wiping the cache. I get anywhere from 1 to 3 days of no issues before it starts again. Then once it starts, there's increasing frequency until the phone becomes almost unusable with errors almost back to back.

hockeyrobin1 and ElGregoLoco like this.
  15. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 14, 2017

ElGregoLoco , Jul 14, 2017 :
    For me also, itis the only thing that helps a bit... I never had 2-3 days without a hang since it started with no reason around July 1st but after a wipe cache in recovery boot I can sometimes almost 24 hours with not any issue... What I don't understand is that 90% of the time, the phone runs super fine, but when it hangs, mostly when you try to wake it up, it is almost unusable for 1-3 mns, which seems really long when you really need it... And once it even cut one of my call and I was not able to call back before a few minutes.

This phone was one of the best I ever had during 6 months... But now, it feels like it has been programed to die on me...

aarushrajani and hockeyrobin1 like this.
  16. ned82rt
    Froyo Jul 14, 2017

ned82rt , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Yesssss, and for me it seems to happen more when I have notifications - rather than unlocking my phone when I have none.

ElGregoLoco likes this.
  17. ElGregoLoco
    Eclair Jul 14, 2017

18. sajeeth_viswanathan
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

19. domingoO3
    Donut Jul 14, 2017

20. joseglima
    Cupcake Jul 14, 2017

joseglima , Jul 14, 2017 :
    Happens to me as well.... fine for a few hours after hard reset, then it starts happening again. And seems that the crashes just get worse and worse. Had a remote session with OP support who flashed back to an earlier version and then told me to update and still have the issue :(