OxygenOS Phone hangs after update to Android 10

1. plissje
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

plissje , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Hi guys,
    Seems like after I upgrade to Android 10/Oxygen 10.0.1 my phone started to freak out.

From time to time at random occassions the phone just hangs and only a reset solved the problem. This happens at different times while working on different apps. Everything was stable on v9.

I tried wiping cache but that didnt help. Would appreciate if someone has insights as its getting close to unusable. I cant reset the phone 10 times a day.

2. Sreeram. S1988
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

Sreeram. S1988 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I am also facing a similar but even worse issue. I upgraded to the beta 2 and one day it just crashed and refused to restart, called up support and go it fixed.

After that when the Beta 3(OP7Pro_02_BETA_3) update came, I was happy, believing it would be less buggy. I have the GM1911 Indian Model.

But to my horror, it has become worse and now keeps restarting as and when it wishes, is anyone else facing the same issue?

I am confused whether I should just roll back to previous beta versions, I like the Android 10 and am reluctant to roll back to the Android 9 version.

Is there a work around or fix for this? Called up support, they asked to send the mobile in or take it to a service centre, tried chat support who asked to clear the cache. Clearing the cache didn't help me one bit.

I guess I will have to take it to the SC if nothing else works by this weekend.

3. rockinsnake
    Froyo Oct 16, 2019

techygeek likes this.
  4. plissje
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

plissje , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I did notice some applications that were causing this more then others. I guess this is something the other apps should be sorting out as well.

5. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 17, 2019 :
    I did a full factory reset at open beta 1. OTA myself all the way up to beta 3. Only minor issues since then. Very happy with 10. But I'm not surpriced so many have issues while it's near perfect for other. I have my suspicions about what happens for some...
    I haven't used any backups, did not even let Google restore my apps at setup. Let's just say I hate backups [e]1f609[/e] I've seen too many proofs of failures due to different brands solutions similar to Oneplus Switch. Saving time can end up being spending time instead. Not always... but it can. Take you time, do it right. Then you can start yelling at the buggy apps or Oneplus [e]1f609[/e]
    Backups of media files, sms is no problem to do yourself with Oneplus Switch. But settings and app data I always refuse to backup. Copy the backup to a USB drive or online.

6. G1571847760008
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

G1571847760008 , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Hello Oneplus,

The phone was working fine when it was in Oxygen 9, but started hung and crash while i am using the application. Even I am facing mobile battery heat issue after this OS update.

Please let me know what to do for fixing this issue or can I can make this OS downgrade to Oxygen 9.

G1571931708219 likes this.
  7. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Oct 23, 2019 :
    As I posted before. My phone has been very good all the time since beta 1. Everything has been under control and has gradually been fixed. Never serious issues. I have used the feedback tool on every single issue I noticed.

Please use the feedback tool to report this issue. It exist within the community app.

If they need more info they will contact you via PM.
    View attachment 1157741

8. techygeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2019

techygeek , Oct 23, 2019 :
    I'm facing the same issue. The phone restarted multiple times in the last hour.

9. jasemanONE
    Gingerbread Oct 24, 2019

10. invertedx
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

11. K1570684232932
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

12. G_Tarun_Raghuwanshi_Uonj
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2019

G_Tarun_Raghuwanshi_Uonj , Nov 5, 2019 :
    Hi Oneplus

It's been 6 months I am using oneplus 7 pro and never faced a issues like hanging and mobile heating but since android 10 update it's became normal for me
    Hope oneplus will solve this in future updates

13. AnotherRandomUser
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2019

AnotherRandomUser , Nov 6, 2019 :
    Same issue here, the phone freezes at random moments throughout the day. And when I say random I do mean that, it happened while the phone was in standby/sleep and also happened while just texting or browsing the web. I can't seem to find any pattern. Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or not, have Bluetooth on or not etc.

The only solution is to perform a hard reset. It might happen 10 times a day more or less.

While the phone is frozen, apps sometimes still continue to function in the background. For example: whatsapp web would still work, and messages were still coming in. Holding down the power button vibrates the phone (short) which indicates the power off menu is on the screen, but since everything is frozen (display & touch input) I can't do anything but force a restart.

This didn't happen once before the android 10 update, I'm on 10.0.1 now (EU).

Anyways I hope this gives some insights for OP.

14. Nagaroopa praveen
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2019