Phone issues inbuilt application via OnePlus 6

1. iamrj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2021

iamrj , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Hey there ! I'm facing issues on Phone (Dail) when I call on banking numbers calls connect to IVR for verification. Hence, I had notice our that when we dail anyone number on phone and by mistake if we have to cancel the number there is a cancel sign ✖️ when we click on that it directly gets minimise and we can't click on cancel nor backspace on following number while we are on call. Also, I had tried updating from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/

But after updating the latest version of phone my calls and application gets crash and application is getting close which I had already uninstall.

Note: Please don't tell to use any third party application because I don't like more application on my phone like true caller or Google phone. Can we get an official update on our inbuilt phone app. It's been a long time whenever we coordinate with bank offical it's a disaster. I had tried using Google phone its works fine but as I had inform I don't like installing many applications when I already have Phone by OnePlus Ltd.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021

2. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

3. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2021

4. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat Apr 21, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Apr 21, 2021 :
    Try disabling and re-enabling the dialer app. Then clear cache and data for the app

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2021

rHITkM. , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 21, 2021 :
    For that he has to download other phone app then only he will be able to disable OnePlus phone app .

6. iamrj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 22, 2021

7. iamrj

iamrj , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    On-call if you have inserted any number number by mistake and if you wish to clear/cancel that number you can't it get minimise that why we need an update for this then only issue will be resolved.

8. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

rHITkM. , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Yes we can't delete the no(s). even if we have inserted wrong digits During these calls ( banking , other services). As we all know the set of certain choices given associated with the digits are unique as programmed by the (bank and other) service provider. Now if we press any digit then the command associated with the no. has already been accepted and deleting the digit won't do anything as they are not programmed to take input if we delete digits . This is because in every such calls there is always a "go back to previous menu" command, if pressed will override the choice associated with digit pressed mistakenly.
    So we always have a option to go back to the previous menu(s).

pablofg1978 and iamrj like this.
  9. iamrj

iamrj , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Why didn't they fixed this that is only my question⁉️ If you install Google LLC Phone application from playstore and you do the needful as mentioned on threads but, since we're having OnePlus Ltd inbuilt apps I have two options :-

Point No. 1- Ethier fix the issue on our inbuilt app
    Point No. 2- Ethier remove this inbuilt app and download Google LLC Phone thrid party application as new oneplus 9 series are having.

Developers should make a choice, think why to install two application just for a feature doesn't make sense and takes extra storage also.

10. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

I installed google phone app , and there I didn't see the delete button too , only ✖️ is there. it is not there because it is not necessary I guess.
    1619070988705.jpg

11. iamrj

iamrj , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Even I had mention to get this issues solved it is an error which is either disabled or does works questions in why?

Screenshot_20210422-114002.jpg

rHITkM. likes this.
  12. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

13. iamrj

If you check with true caller app these functions are working properly then why can't oneplus can see solved this issues ✔️
    This is the only reason to create a thread most of lags and bugs are not fixing

Even oneplus community apps was crashing for pervious versions updates now it works smoothly and good get they didn't add delete options on app.

On website we have such options then why don't we have on apps why there is so much difference you think and understand. 🤔

Anyways, thanks all for your support and valuable time.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021

14. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

Yes the working of this button is different in this Truecaller app. But I suppose the delete button in this app too won't override the command accepted associated to the corresponding digits pressed during (banking and other services ) calls even there you have to go to the following commands to "repeat" or "go back to previous menu".

Why don't you give OnePlus suggestions about this.

iamrj likes this.
  15. iamrj

I already gave before but there was no response that why I had created a thread for discussion of all oneplus bugs and lags, let's join hands you also help me.
    We can give our try

17. rHITkM.
    Honeycomb Apr 22, 2021

Now I can't say, why they didn't respond. That's totally upto them.
    Now if you like, you can raise request to make the thread solved.

18. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Apr 22, 2021

pablofg1978 , Apr 22, 2021 :
    hello there,
    You can NOT delete dialer numbers while you are on a call. Once you press a number DURING A CALL, your device will emit an analog tone that will be accepted by the system. You can't take back something that was already sent.
    This is an analog system that is also meant to be used with landline telephones

the_o2 and rHITkM. like this.
  19. iamrj

hello there,
    You are right! But my question is can oneplus fixed that issue or delete this inbuilt apps so that we can keep anyone from these phone dail app like truecaller works fine with no issues why to keep two phone dail on your storage device.