Display Phone rant

1. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2019

69417 , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Hi

Sorry about the rant guys but i just want my word out there.

I bought this phone hoping it was gonna be the perfect one, it got close, but not close enough.
    I'm one of those people who expect perfection when i buy a product, when i don't get it i get extremely disappointed.
    I choose this phone because of the rooting capability, this was gonna be the perfect phone for me.

The first problem i encountered was the vertical banding going through the screen, and general bad uniformity, I've previously encountered this problem
    on LG's OLED tv's and i had to go through 3 new tv's before i got one that was near perfect.

My second problem was the phone call quality is extremely bad, i hear echos, the caller hear echos, and some callers complained about loud noises interrupting the
    phone conversation.

I come from a old Samsung S3 and i never had any problems with the above even though it is a old phone, and you might not be able to compare it.
    Anyway i contacted the store where i bought it and they gave me a replacement, it had less uniformity and vertical banding issues, but still some.

But the phone call quality was still bad in my opinion.

I got a 3rd phone, and still had problems.

I tried different solutions to fix the call quality but with no success, the phone call quality should just work out of the box, it is after all a phone.

I decided to return the phone and now i'm here writing my concerns.

Here is my problem with products these days, i feel like quality control is just going straight down the toilet.

If i compare my old Samsung screen with the OnePlus, even though the OnePlus is more sharper, the Samsung have a better uniformity overall.
    It's the same problem with tv's in my opinion compare technology from a few years ago and today, they might be more sharper but way more backlight bleed, and uniformity issues.

I've owned a LG 2016 model, and i put it next to my 2017 model, again 2016 model had better uniformity then the 2017.

It just get worse and worse.

I don't know, maybe i'm way of, i just want to voice my concerns.

You all have a nice day.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019

2. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 14, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Well at least you posted in the right section.

drmartin and GopalB. like this.
  3. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2019

69417 , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Thats the least i can do ;)

4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2019

Discostu , Feb 14, 2019 :
    Your problem is that you're expecting "perfection" from a phone.

Nothing is perfect in life and certainly not a phone, no one phone is ever going to meet yours or anyone's needs to the fullest extent. There will always be something that isn't what you desire.

kkuderko likes this.
  5. felipemendes
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2019

felipemendes , Feb 14, 2019 :
    I prefer a sincere rant than a dissimulated one. Sorry for your problems. However I cannot say that I ever had any problems most people rant about. I had a OP5, then I bought one for my wife. Hers had a few problems with bluetooth (all fixed, but needed some work), and now is used by my son. Other than the screen burn, all works nice, and the kid uses it every day, even more than we wanted.

About call quality, I don't even know what to say. Nobody ever complained to me. But if the phone did not meet your expectations, the best you can do is to return it.

6. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    I expect something to be almost near pefect when you pay a good amount of cash for it.

I had that feeling with my Samsung S3 back when i bought that, i just didn't with the OnePlus thats why i ended up returning it, and i don't think it have anything to do with the brand.

Don't get me wrong, i think the phone is awesome i just had these problems, and like i said i feel the QC is just not good enough these days, i mean, if there is such a big difference on the display uniformity, they must be doing something wrong, and this might not even be directed against OnePlus but more the manufacturer that create the displays.

Who knows, maybe i've just been unlucky.

7. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

Discostu , Feb 15, 2019 :
    You really need to readjust your expectations.

No phone on the planet will ever give you what you want regardless of how much money you spend.

I'd love to know what phone you believe will match your lofty expectations, so please, enlighten us all.

8. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    If we start by isolating the problems, i had a problem with the display and call quality.

The display: I tried explaining to "felipemendes" my problem might not even be in the phone itself but the manufacturer of the display. I think they need to do something about the quality control to fix or do their displays even better. I mean i had 3 of the same phone, and all of them had displays with very bad uniformity issues.

Its like, how would you feel like getting a new car with a crack in the front window? Thats how i feel.

The call quality: I don't know what to say about this, other then it was a lot worse then my old.

If you have a device that is made for phone calls and its getting worse after you upgraded wouldn't you return it or try doing something about it.

This is as much of a display problem as it is a call quality problem.

In the promotion video on the phone, they said something about "when people were complaining about a issue they would try and fix it", well here i am, i'm just trying to make the product better.

I think at this point i'm just repeating myself.

9. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

You didn't answer the question. What phone do you consider to be perfect that you will be switching to?

10. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    I might try a Samsung again since i had a good experience the last time.

11. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

Well there you go.

And what happens if you find something with your next phone that isn't perfect? Will you post to a community forum to "rant" and then move on to another device?

stbn84 likes this.
  12. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Are you just trying to start a fight or what? am i hurting your product? what is your problem?

No reason to be like this i just created this thread out of respect for this product, i want to make it better.

13. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

My problem and that of just about every other forum member here is that people like you come to a community run group posting your opinions in a support section when you do not even need help, you literally came to rant as you said in not only your title but also the body of your post.

If you don't like your phone, fine, write a review. Do not waste everyone time by creating pointless threads as you have.

You said you wanted to make the product better and yet you offer nothing in the way of constructive feedback other than that your call quality was bad - which could be down to your mobile phone carrier, issues with network quality, issues with interference based on where you are. Its rediculous.

14. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    You could just ignore the thread no one is forcing you to read it or even typing, but you just want to start a flame war because of the fact you hate rants.

How am i gonna voice my opionin if i can't give these suggestions.

Edit: Where do you want me to post this review? on the forum? you see the problem.

felipemendes likes this.
  15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

Actually no. I come here to offer advice and support so reading threads comes with it.

Why don't you figure out where to post your reviews instead of a support forum where people are here seeking help / offering support. Not ranting and raving.

16. X1542558286153
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

X1542558286153 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    Check your eyes then ears. If they are fine check your brain next. You just sound like an overly picky and generally annoying person. Three phones? Three tvs? No one can be this unlucky. The phone isn't perfect. The vibration sucks and the screen isn't bright enough outside but you are ridiculous

Discostu likes this.
  17. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    No reason to go personal.

I never said anything about the vibration, i actually think it was "perfect", same with the screen outside.

18. 69417
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

69417 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    btw did you actually create a account just to reply to this thread?

19. Moin2200
    KitKat Feb 15, 2019

Moin2200 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    You call him generally annoying. Yet you're the one who created an account just to reply to him.

You're literally the next level of annoying.

20. X1542558286153
    Cupcake Feb 15, 2019

X1542558286153 , Feb 15, 2019 :
    You're almost as annoying as him. Can you imagine having to serve a customer like this? Coming back to the store every day. Three times for a TV? [e]1f602[/e] As I said no one is this unlucky