Other Phone Screen Pattern Forgotten. Not rooted. How to bypass. Intention to save data

1. ankushblue
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2021

ankushblue , Jan 18, 2021 :
    Hi All

I have a Oneplus 7t pro. I changed my lock screen pattern yesterday afternoon and now i have forgotten it. I already tried 82 times with different variations but it seems its going no where and already i am at 960 seconds before new pattern try. Out of luck. I didnt sync up with Google so cant go for factory reset just yet.

My intention is to try to access the phone to save these photos. I have 5 years worth of photos on it.
    Is there a way to access and save them before i go the factory reset route?

I tried connecting phone to laptop and it goes to default charging mode and not usb debugging.

Any suggestions?

2. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 18, 2021

McJader likes this.
  3. Arjun_Choudhry
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , Jan 18, 2021 :
    He'll need the password to enter Recovery :)

Liehjan likes this.
  4. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 18, 2021

BeingIncog , Jan 18, 2021 :
    ohhh damn!!! :(

5. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jan 18, 2021

6. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 18, 2021

pAiN_ , Jan 18, 2021 :
    There is no other option.In recovery tap on forgot password and it will reset the mobile. This is the only option and you will need to know the gmail id cause there will be the frp lock.

7. ankushblue
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

ankushblue , Jan 19, 2021 :
    I am already fast loosing my head and sleep over this. I didn't have usb debugging setup. Otherwise I would have leveraged adb platform tool to rest pattern.key file. Nor did I setup trusted devices and I ******* use smartband from mi and twb from Mivi already everyday. I shud have added them as trusted devices and that would have still saved me. :(

It seems I am out of options. Only option is factory reset. Google find my phone is not able to find my device at all!

I was thinking of cache partition clear will help clear pattern unlock, but I suppose that will not work still. But anyone knows if that can work?

I have already moved on to hunt for data recovery softwares that I can employ immediately after factory resetting the device to maximise my recovery chances.

May be suggestions on that front be helpful.

8. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

pAiN_ , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Data recovery might be possible but the blocks of memory overwritten after reset might cause issue. Do a research on this before proceeding. According to my knowledge data aren't deleted fully until they are overwritten.

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 19, 2021

otto2 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Did you not add a pin as alternative to the pattern?

Tobikage likes this.
  10. otto2
    Photography Expert Jan 19, 2021

otto2 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    The data is still encrypted, so every data recovery would need encryption password?

Tobikage likes this.
  11. pAiN_
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

pAiN_ , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Oh yes , but wondering even after the reset, the block of memory called free memory which might contain the previous data be still encrypted. If this is the case then data recovery is an issue.

otto2 likes this.
  12. ankushblue
    Cupcake Feb 3, 2021

ankushblue , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Is there a way to decrypt this data? Right now I have reset my phone, tried the data recovery softwares dr fone from wondershare, tenorshare, easeus. None work. I also downloaded undeleter and disk digger apk from websites and copy pasted them on ohone via cable to minimise data write task as much as possible. Then installed them and used them. They don't return any images as well.

As of now, I already feel I am at dead end. Phone is rooted and on airplane mode since reset.

Any other suggestions or guidance?

13. otto2
    Photography Expert Feb 3, 2021

otto2 , Feb 3, 2021 :
    Decrypt without password? No chance, maybe with a brute force tool or some hack- maybe NSa would be able to do so, but somehow i m afraid they won t help you out. NEVER forget your password and ALWAYS perform a backup of your data on a regular base.

Tobikage likes this.
  14. Tobikage
    Nougat Feb 3, 2021

Tobikage , Feb 3, 2021 :
    If you've lost the password , you've already lost the encrypted data.
    That's the whole point of encrypting the data in the first place. :rolleyes:

otto2 and KluGe like this.