Phone switches off on its own while on call via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. YaminH
    Froyo Oct 26, 2021

YaminH , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 26, 2021 :
    I had this phone for around 2-3 months but never faced this issue until day before yesterday (happened 2 times since then). It just switched off on its own while on call . This doesn't happen on every call, but just randomly I guess. Anyone else facing this issue or does anyone have any fix for this?
    These are the SS of battery drain I took just after phone restarted.
    1635231595122.jpg

1635231595139.jpg

2. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2021

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 26, 2021 :
    This can happen due to some glitch. There is no specific fix for this issue. You can clear cache of your phone in recovery mode.

If it happens again, report your issue here

Caomhin likes this.
  3. YaminH
    Froyo Oct 26, 2021

I already did that. Now my battery is draining too fast from just normal usage 😂

1635233269245.jpg

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 26, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Give it some extra time on the charger to give it time to run some maintenance jobs (dexopt job for example). Rebuilding all caches takes some time and will use extra resources until done.
    Short bursts of charging and very little time idle on the charger will make it hard to finish a dexopt-job. It is normally done automatically while idle on the charger but there are manual ways to run it via adb shell too. Depending on the amount of apps that is not yet optimized it can take like an 1h or so.
    Personally I only wipe cache for very specific reasons and only on the app that is faulty if I can locate the problem.

5. YaminH
    Froyo Oct 26, 2021

I see. But what about the main problem? I guess I have to hard reset

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 26, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Oct 26, 2021 :
    It can be tricky to know what triggers it. Could be a recent phone app update for example. Something within the OS update.

You could try to uninstalling updates of the phone app (that defaults to the version included in the rom) and temporary pause automatic update of the phone app.

What kind of calls? Regular voice via VoLTE or VoWiFi? Native video calling?

A wipe could help too depending on the trigger.