Phone unexpectedly turns off when using Instagram and never turns back on via OnePlus 6T

1. pympn
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2019

pympn , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 17, 2019 :
    I have experienced this on and off after getting on Android 10 on my OnePlus6T (8+128GB). It was on the Open beta android 10, but then I manually flashed the 10 stable when it became available.

Sometimes (2 or 3 times per week, but varies greatly) my phone screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and then, I see the OnePlus logo (that you'd see when booting) and then it shows the animation with the red dot and the white dots going around it. It never goes away, I left it on there for 2 hours at one point, but nothing happened. I have to press power and both volume buttons for 1-2 seconds and then it boots up just fine. I don't what other specifics I can tell you, but it does seem to always happen when using Instagram.

2. Mrwapiti
    Froyo Nov 17, 2019

X1543772110816 and Sahilkum like this.
  3. pympn , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Nov 18, 2019 :
    I posted it on the subreddit too, but no response. I guess let's keep doing best we can to make these posts, if there's enough then maybe something will happen.

also, do you also experience this wish Instagram, or any other app?

4. Auxqii
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2019

Auxqii , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Nov 21, 2019 :
    The issue is temporarily resolved if you do the combo (Volume Up + Power Button ) until it restarts.

If you don't do that , then your phone will remain stuck in boot animation until its battery is drained.

That issue is caused by Android 10 I assume , and will probably be fixed in the coming update.

You don't have to use the Volume Down + Power Button combo to execute Wipe Cache unless you get your phone restarted very often.

5. R1634481608666
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2021

R1634481608666 , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Similar problem happened to me as well. In my case the phone was getting turned off while using any app. After looking for answer all over the internet, I finally found one article - Fix Android Phone Keeps Turning Off Issue
    Here, I found why is it actually happening and followed the shared fixes. It helped me so it should work for you as well.