Phonebook won't sync to car

1. PsyCoe
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

PsyCoe , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Hey guys, I just got my OP2 three days ago and have had some issues syncing my phone book to my car. I just purchased a 2015 GMC Terrain with the Intellilink system. I can pair the device fine, but my phonebook won't sync which means the vehicles voice commands on fairly limited. Tried repairing and messing with the settings in the head unit with no luck. Any ideas?

(Moderators, feel free to move this to a different section if you see fit.)

dvdva likes this.
  2. Papao
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

Papao , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Maybe not compatible!

3. HR_778
    KitKat Sep 14, 2015

4. PsyCoe
    Froyo Sep 14, 2015

PsyCoe , Sep 14, 2015 :
    I'll update my Intellilink software on the car and see if it helps, seems odd that it worked with my old GS5 with a stock rom and not a brand new OP2. Everything else works fine, bluetooth music and ohone calls, just no voice commands. Definitely not a deal breaker, this phone freaking rules.

lostLambda likes this.
  5. Nicely
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2015

Nicely , Sep 17, 2015 :
    PsyCoe my friend.. I believe I have a resolution for you!!

I had the exact same problem with my OP2 and my Hyundai Bluetooth Kit. Everything worked except the phonebook downloading, resynced it dozens of times and FAIL everytime. Was thinking it was related to the Smart Secure popup that appears when you sync.. wasnt that..

Had a quick google for bluetooth syncing with car issues and came accross an App that replaces the phones PBAP, there is a trial version so gave it a shot.. worked 100% first time

Its £1.29 on the play store (link below), this worked for me so was OK with paying for it. Give the trial and go mate and if works then might be worth a purchase

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc&hl=en_GB

Timotis and PsyCoe like this.
  6. peteplus
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2015

peteplus , Sep 17, 2015 :
    I had this issue. I desynced the phone and resynced. [forgot the devices on both sides].
    Then I synced as normal and verified that the device had access permissions in the bluetooth settings.
    Now its gravy.

7. PsyCoe
    Froyo Sep 23, 2015

PsyCoe , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Worked perfectly. Thanks a million!

Nicely likes this.
  8. InDiSent
    Froyo Sep 23, 2015

InDiSent , Sep 23, 2015 :
    I have the same issue with my 2015 Kia with UVO system. I don't want a third party app to fix this especially since it works with every other phone I've had (Note2, GS5,GS Core Prime). Can we get OnePlus to fix this issue? How to we let them know about this?

Rogier123 likes this.
  9. Nicely
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2015

Nicely , Sep 23, 2015 :
    Kia and Hyundai are the same company so more than likely you have the same issue that I did.

What little I know about this the PBAP used by the Hyundai/Kia is the older version and Android 5+ handles this with a new method. Sorry if thats clear as mud but basically it isnt supported anymore so requires a 3rd party app.

TBH at £1.29 its really a no brainer for me. I emailed OnePlus about this issue when I had it, they said it was not on the issue agenda.

10. InDiSent
    Froyo Sep 24, 2015

InDiSent , Sep 24, 2015 :

I hear ya about the price, but that's not the issue. I just think that this should be accomplished without needing a 3rd party app. I guess i'll wait to see if Kia updates the UVO system at some point.

11. andruhan
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2015

andruhan , Sep 26, 2015 :
    I have the same issue where phone syncs only some random contacts. This happens with 2 2015 BMWs. Does not happen with HTC One M7, iPhone 5, 6 and Samsung phones. So in my book it's the phone's issue. Last time I had similar issue was in 2009. It's 2015 now and flagship phone should support basic things out of the box.

12. EagleRipper
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

EagleRipper , Oct 22, 2015 :
    I also have a problem syncing the phonebook of my ner OnePlus Two to my Skoda Superb.

The sync itself runs perfect - for 11 Entrys.
    But I think I know the problem:

My contacts are all syncronized by exchange!
    The 11 contacts that are syncronized with my car seem to be all from my sim-card.

Also if I choose to sync with phone AND sim-card (in the options of my car), just those 11 Entrys are shared.

It seems as if the contacts are somehow stored in a special memory - perhaps cause of the multi-user-ability of the Android version.

I don't know how to check up which contacts are stored in my phone on which memory - and how to tell it, to store the exchange-contacts in the right place to synchronize them correctly.

But perheps somebody knows and can help me to find a soloution...

Greets,

Stefan

13. nomoreme
    Cupcake Dec 17, 2015

nomoreme , Dec 17, 2015 :
    I have the same problem with the Intellilink on my Opel Adam. Everything works fine (pairing, bluetooth audio, calls) but the phone book won't sync :(

14. hardslog
    Donut Dec 17, 2015

hardslog , Dec 17, 2015 :
    For me it does tend to sync, but this is when it has been connected for over 30 minutes! Because of this issue and BT being mandatory where I am, I can't use this phone until this is fixed......

15. Aiur
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2015

16. Rogier123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2015

Rogier123 , Dec 17, 2015 :
    What worked for me, with my Skoda Superb, is to "save" the most important contacts as a "contact" in outlook. Those contacts will sync with the phone and the car. I've never found a way to get the whole "company", ie exchange, in sync with the car.

17. Swatpt
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2015

18. Iceman7
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

Iceman7 , Dec 21, 2015 :
    Having the same problem with Nissan Connect and Toyota Go systems
    Hope the latest update solves the problem or else I will also try Bluetooth Phonebook app!

19. burnout123
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 21, 2015

20. Iceman7
    Donut Dec 21, 2015

Iceman7 , Dec 21, 2015 :
    OP please fix this issue!
    Makes phone unsuable in car, and this is not a matter of convenience but a matter of safety mostly!

vitorix likes this.