Photography: A Break from your home

1. Schafer
    US Brand Ambassador May 27, 2020

Schafer , May 27, 2020 :
    A break from home.png

Hey everyone! We are Schafer (@Schafer) and Kenny (@KeBlam ); two Community Brand Ambassadors. Today we are going to take a break and share our opinions over the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pros camera. Feel free to share some of your amazing pictures that you have taken in the comments below!

Oneplus 8

Photography
    I don’t know about you but I for one don’t have a professional camera that I use for taking pictures. My phone’s camera is the best camera I own and is conveniently on me all the time so of course, I require a nice camera on any phone that I purchase. Which leads me to the Oneplus 8’s camera. It has a triple camera setup consisting of a main 48-megapixel camera, with a macro lens and an ultra-wide-angle lens. Overall, it takes very solid pictures, however, what I would have liked to see differently with this triple camera setup is to have the telephoto setting set to x3 rather than x2. I find x3 more beneficial because I feel that x2 is not a sufficient amount of zoom. Over the years Oneplus is getting better and better with the software they have for their phones and this year has to be their best yet. Low lighting has been improved greatly, I have had more in focus and less grainy pictures. Here is a picture of a cavern in San Antonio, Texas
    darkcavern.jpg

Yes, this picture here looks a little grainy but it was completely pitch black in this cave. I took this picture using Nightscape and I was unable to see the bottom but yet when I took this picture it is as if there were lights everywhere. There was a dim light behind me and in the back of the image. I am quite impressed with the outcome of this photo. I have never truly realized how nice it is to have a NightScape feature. It makes it easier for people who don’t want to mess with the Pro mode to get the best night/low light picture. And for when you have a bunch of natural light it takes extraordinary pictures. Here is one of my motorcycle overseeing one of Texas’s great canyons, Palo Duro.
    bikeCanyon.jpg
    Any photo that I take with lighting like this looks immaculate on my phone. Also, I have seen a significant improvement to their Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) which previously wasn’t bad, however, some of the videos I took looked a little artificial in a sense. Overall, the Oneplus 8 packs a solid camera, and you won’t be disappointed. Feel free to post your favorite photos taken on your smartphone

OnePlus 8 Pro
    As for me, I love photography and even have a decent DSLR. However, I can’t always be carrying the camera with me as it’s quite heavy and bulky, so having an amazing phone camera helps. Not only is the Oneplus 8 Pro quite thin, it also packs some amazing hardware, especially the camera!

The OnePlus 8 Pro has 4 rear lenses and 1 front camera. On the front is a simple 16MP lens with an aperture of f/2.45, meaning that you can get those seemingly professional portraits with low-lighting and a blurry background. The rear main camera has 48MP with an aperture of f/1.78 as well as OIS and EIS. While that seems to be the same, the significance actually lies within Sony’s IMX689 sensor; allowing 35% more light compared to OnePlus’ 7 series! However, one thing that got me truly excited is the 8 Pro’s 48MP ultra wide angle lens at f/2.2 and 120º field of view! That’s definitely a significant upgrade so you know I was rather excited to put that to the test!

Attached below is a photo during Mother’s Day when I went to Paris Baguette to snag some pastries and some coffee for my mother. As you can see, the 48MP beautifully captures the lights and the darks very well. In addition, the quality of the photo is rather amazing and I would say that this photo was so accurate that even I was amazed! Despite being quite dark in this establishment, this photo was well illuminated and I’m quite happy with the camera.
    Kennypic1.PNG
    Next up, I have a neck-to-neck comparison of a photo in my backyard. One image was taken on the main camera and the other was taken with the ultra-wide angle. I’m quite sure you guys can tell. In addition, they’re both very similar in terms of color (with the except of one being slightly sunnier) I definitely love this camera and I’ll be sure to put it to use during and after this quarantine!
    Kennypic2.PNG

Last edited: May 28, 2020

2. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 28, 2020

MosheG1 , May 28, 2020 :
    not sure who is the one who wrote about the OnePlus 8, bit I'm not sure why you are writing about how you would rather a 3x telephoto rather then a 2x. you don't have a telephoto camera at all! you only have 3 lenses...

I would fix that...

3. Swatiranjan
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

V1582096621886, Schafer and G_plusone like this.
  4. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 28, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , May 28, 2020 :
    Here's a picture of the scenery on my way to Wyoming County, New York, to adopt my new cat.
    [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of my new cat, Bagheera.
    [​IMG]

Both shot on my lovely OnePlus 8 Pro.

I'm terribly excited to see all the stuff you guys post.

5. miniscienstist
    Eclair May 28, 2020

6. miniscienstist
    Eclair May 28, 2020

7. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator May 28, 2020

8. miniscienstist
    Eclair May 28, 2020

9. U1583768750093
    Eclair May 28, 2020

10. P1587386038808
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

11. Attached Files:

Schafer, keithnyc and G_plusone like this.
  12. AndyRM
    Eclair May 28, 2020

AndyRM , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 28, 2020 :
    Delighted with 1+8 pro camera with one exception. with all jpegs over sharpening the image. if you are taking close ups or low contrast longer distance them this does not matter too much. if you are taking a landscape say darkish land and bright sky then it does. you get the typical haze around the edge of over sharpening. it would be nice if they fixed that. should not be too hard!

Of course you can get around by taking in Pro mode but then you have issues of editing or sharing the result

Last edited: May 29, 2020

Schafer and G_plusone like this.
  13. Vlusion
    Cupcake May 28, 2020

Vlusion , May 28, 2020 :
    During a late night longboard session.
    Shot on 3T. Just upgraded to a 7T 😅

1590703281461.jpg

14. Bhargava Teja
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020

15. Louie Allen
    Gingerbread May 29, 2020