Photography Challenge: 3 Invites to Give

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDENILE
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

NDENILE , Aug 7, 2014 :
    ***Contest Ended: 8/10/14 8pm EST***
    --Winners Announced--
    I am overwhelmed by the quality of photos submitted. We have some very talented photographers here (as well as some less talented copy and pasters). There were over 500 photos to go through and choosing just 3 is incredibly difficult. I have been making a running list as things were submitted.
    Of course my winners selection is not a knock to anyone's talents, because those of you who are brave and proud enough to post your work for others to see and critique is a great thing. There are many of you with amazing eyes for composition. There were some great photos by camera phones as well as point and shoots. You don't have to have professional equipment to take great photos...my photos are taken with a setup costing less than $700USD (...granted I have 3 cameras each are less than $700 in each system).
    The photos I ended up choosing just spoke to me. Again this isn't a knock on everyone else's entries, but each photographer has a style they like, and certain pictures can speak to one, but not others. Choosing just 3 was so very difficult...bet here you go.
    Winner:
    @peter_alves
    [​IMG]
    - As an owner of 5 dogs, one being a husky mix, this one just resonated with me. The composition, the sharpness, and the nice bokeh (blur) of the background is great. Who doesn't love black and white photos.

@ranjithkuzi
    [​IMG]
    - I have a 3 year old daughter, and there is something that about the love of a child. This photo you can't stage, the pure joy and love in this photo is just great.

@thatdanhill
    [​IMG]
    - Who doesn't love a sunset. Though I've never been to Melbourne...nor could I pick the skyline out of a lineup...I love the way the setting sun is out of frame and you can see the colors off the buildings. I'd love to get down to Australia one day, and I hope that I can see a wonderful sunset like this during my visit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just got an email this morning telling me I have three (3) 64GB invites to give. Bad news is I have 6 days to give them out.

So since I promised to pass them along to the community...here we go.
    I'm not going to make anyone jump through stupid hoops.
    Just post photos...pretty easy huh.

As a photographer myself I enjoy looking at people's work. So for from now until Sunday (8/10/14) 8pm EST. Submit your best photo here in this thread, it can be of anything you want. No restrictions. I do ask that it be YOUR work. I wish everyone luck and I look forward to seeing everyone's work.

I will let everyone know who are the winners and contact them by PM Sunday so I can send them the invite.

Update:
    For those worried/concerned about people still taking photos from the internet. It is easy to tell when this is done, and when it is someones personal work. Do not worry I will due my due diligence and make sure to triple check someone's work if I decide to award one.

Update:
    I figured there would be some great shots here and I was right, and only 1 hour in. I see many of you are really going to give me a lot to consider. I hate I only have three to give out. There are many talented photographers and snappers here.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014

2. Dr.Boots
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

3. Emelyn
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2014

4. SoB
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

5. brunferreira
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

6. joaofarinha1
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

7. NDENILE
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

8. xdastardx
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

9. florin.manaila
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2014

10. alx87
    Donut Aug 7, 2014

11. swgoh23
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

swgoh23 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    [​IMG]

Edit: I'm hereby withdrawing since I got an invite earlier. All the best to the people out here =)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014

12. slava 1982
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

Attached Files:

13. nickettooo
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

Attached Files:

lol_lol_2512 likes this.
  14. tonedepear
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

NDENILE likes this.
  15. omaplata
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

16. dieterdevos
    Froyo Aug 7, 2014

NDENILE likes this.
  17. nandineo
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

18. saad2311
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2014

saad2311 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    Please clarify
    Are we to post our own picture or anything from the internet?

EDIT: GOT IT.

19. NDENILE
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

NDENILE , Aug 7, 2014 :
    I'm no professional...purely a hobbyist myself. And I've taken some great shots with P&S cameras, as well as my mid-range DSLR. Photography isn't about how expensive your equipment is. But your eye for seeing the world...and this can be done with ANY camera.

Dr.Boots likes this.
  20. jarek87
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2014

jarek87 , Aug 7, 2014 :
    My hamster sitting on his balls :D
    [​IMG]
    My dog through the looking-glass
    [​IMG]
    The Sleeping Ginger Cat
    [​IMG]