Photography Inspiration - Help inspire others

1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jun 25, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jun 25, 2018 :
    In this 21st century, the majority of us have started looking at the camera specs before we buy our next device. Also, the cameras on our smartphone have improved a lot since last few years. Are they any good as any DSLRs? Nope, they are not. But can we click good enough pictures on it? Yes, for sure.

Our community has a dedicated photography section for sharing the pictures you take. If you need some tips and tricks and want to know about the creative process of some of the users here, then you should check this thread out. It would give you quite a good idea about how to use your camera and basic editing techniques. Editing is a tool for your photography which can allow you to stand out from others, so don’t hesitate to use it.

We know that there are many users in our community who are interested in photography. So, @Ruby G. had this idea of creating a thread to inspire each other by sharing the Instagram profiles of photographers we love. You can even share some good posts which would make the users learn new things. I’m grateful to her and @Cheetosdust for giving me this wonderful opportunity to host this thread for you. Here’s a few rules before you start sharing some Instagram profiles here.

Rules:
    • Please do not promote your own Instagram profiles.
    • Limit yourself to share a maximum of three profiles at once.
    • Don’t share off-topic content here.
    • Share those posts which you think would help other users improve on their photography.
    I’ll begin by sharing the profiles of those personalities whom I follow. If I have to select only three profiles, these would be my choices.

I got to know about him when I first saw him on Casey Neistat’s video. I can still remember those cinematographic drone shots which were shown in Casey’s video and they were shot by Peter. Since, then I’m following him on YouTube as well as Instagram. He has a great collection of tutorial videos if you want to take your photography skills up a notch. Here’s a link to that:

Peter McKinnon’s Tutorial Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTZSw2B7F_WdYHeoyrwItZvvTy3P6kOsy

Now, I got to know about him from Peter McKinnon’s YouTube videos. I found this guy just a while back, but his shots are gorgeous. You can look at them by clicking on the link above. Also, he regularly shares “Before” and “After” images on his Instagram profile, where it clearly shows that editing plays a huge role in photography.

If I remember it correctly, then I got to know about this guy when MKBHD tweeted out about his work. When I clicked on his Instagram link, I thought I have entered a heavenly place. I feel he is one of the best Product Photographer, if not the best. Even I got inspired from him to click some good Product shots. Also, there’s a Product Photography thread which I’ve created where you can share your clicks of various products.

So, these are the guys who’ve inspired me to click pictures on my own. Even though they’ve used expensive cameras to shoot those pictures, but that doesn’t stop me from clicking pictures on my OnePlus 5. Instead, seeing their pictures just asks me to get up and start clicking more pictures.

I hope seeing their work inspires you as well. And if you’ve got any photographers who inspires you, then please do share them here and inspire others as well. Also, if you come across any posts that would help people click better pictures, then share them here as well. I would be looking forward to see your recommendations here.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018

2. Shivang Joshi

Stickied Post
    Well, those were the three profiles I would recommend you seeing to get inspired and keep on doing what you do. But, I would just like to share two more profiles with you guys to drool over some more shots.

OnePlus introduced this guy to me, not in the real life, but in this virtual life. And I liked his work and thought it to be good enough to get a mention here.

Jon Olsson vlogs introduced this guy to me. He was not a part of that team from the beginning, but was there seeing the vlogs when he came in. And as good as he’s in handling videos, he’s also one of those good photographers I follow.

Srk.Chinni, Sun90, Punk_69 and 13 others like this.
  3. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 25, 2018

4. Mjo
    Marshmallow Jun 25, 2018

otto2, Sun90, G_plusone and 10 others like this.
  5. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jun 25, 2018 :
    Hello @Shivang Joshi :)

Congratulations on the new thread, not only it's really clean and well written, it's also a great idea, I believe.

I’m not going to write a post with 5000 words, however, I want to write this: I feel it’s a snowball. You get inspired by others, perhaps those you linked, you post something here and you inspire others.

These forums can be seen as a train for good or bad. You, with this and other threads, are a locomotive for good. For that, my sincere thank you. For all the rest, my cheesy hug :)

Thank you for the tag, but I really did nothing. This is all you and OnePlus - more specific @Ruby G.

And now, let's all get inspired! :cool:

otto2, Sun90, ariblaze and 13 others like this.
  6. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 25, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jun 25, 2018 :
    Don't be so modest, Cheetos!! :p

otto2, Sun90, Mjo and 8 others like this.
  7. woSch
    Marshmallow Jun 25, 2018

woSch , Jun 25, 2018 :
    Rules:
    • This should not turn out into a thread where you share and promote your own Instagram profiles.
    ... so i will not share my own instagram Profile ;)
    Screenshot_20180625-124353-01.jpeg

but these:

Joerg Nicht - Photographer based in Berlin, i met at ShotonOnePlus-Academy in September 2017
    Joerg Nicht
    Screenshot_20180625-120525-01.jpeg

wonderful macro-shots
    kings_macro
    Screenshot_20180625-122536-01.jpeg

B&W ... don't miss him
    Peter Lindbergh
    Screenshot_20180625-171016-01.jpeg

NEVER SETTLE

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018

8. Shivang Joshi

I'm waiting to see your recommendations :D

Heyaa,

Thaanks a lot :) Ruby G. helped me to make it look clean :>

Thaanks a lot for those words and for that cheesy hug ;)

Well, this started because of you. So, without you, this thread wouldn't exist ;) And then, @Ruby G. made it possible :) So, I'm grateful to both of you.

Yes, let's get inspired :D

Damn, these are some amazing shots . I'll check them out. Thanks a lot for sharing :)

otto2, Mjo, script and 9 others like this.
  9. rohitanand
    KitKat Jun 25, 2018

rohitanand , Jun 25, 2018 :
    A very nice and informative thread... Congrats!

Shared profiles have got really great stuffs to learn from... it's like learning from the best ones.
    Thanks for your efforts.

Keep it up @Shivang Joshi :)

otto2, Mjo, Shivang Joshi and 5 others like this.
  10. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 25, 2018

otto2, Mjo, script and 6 others like this.
  11. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jun 25, 2018

otto2, Punk_69, Crystal Z. and 6 others like this.
  12. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Jun 25, 2018

Mjo, Ruby G., Cheetosdust and 3 others like this.
  13. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jun 25, 2018

the_o2 , Jun 25, 2018 :
    Great idea Joshi ji, I'm not on Instagram so I can't post anything here, but definitely check out others :blush:

otto2, Mjo, script and 2 others like this.
  14. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Jun 25, 2018

Venky61 , Jun 25, 2018 :
    That's a great idea @Shivang Joshi . This would be really helpful for a lot of aspiring photographers.
    Here's some of my inspirations
    1. Saurabh Panchmatia - I met this guy in a trek and started following him from them. In 2 years I could see his tremendous growth. He is superb at portraits. He personally even guides me about how to maintain the Instagram profile, which I think is very important.
    2. Prudhvi Chowdary - One of my friend recommended his profile. The moment I saw the profile I was totally amazed with the diversity in his pictures.
    3. Zaid Salman - I follow him majorly for his mobile photography. Totally love his creativity and makes me think " Y not with a mobile".

I will try to update this post if I come across more inspiring profiles. Cheers to @Ruby G. and @Cheetosdust

otto2, Sun90, Mjo and 4 others like this.
  15. Shivang Joshi

Hey, thaanks :)

I hope you'll share some soon when you come across such profiles :D

Thanks a ton :)

I feel I'm going to learn a lot more with this thread :D Thanks for sharing these :)

Yeah, he produces some great vlogs and clicks quite great pictures as well :)

I can't take credits for the idea. As I've already mentioned in the main post, this idea came from @Ruby G. ;) Sure, you can check out what others post ;)

Once again, not my idea and I can't take credits for that ;)

Nice selection there :)

I'll recommend you not to update this post as this post already has 3 profiles. Instead post a new message when you find some more inspiring profiles ;)

otto2, jlasensiofi, Mjo and 6 others like this.
  16. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams
    Lollipop Jun 25, 2018

Shivang Joshi, Cheetosdust and Mjo like this.
  17. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 25, 2018

maarten_lisboa , Jun 25, 2018 :
    I'll share 2 profiles I really love.
    One has a style which is close to mine, the other one is totaly different but I love it a lot.

1 Alan Schaller
    https://www.instagram.com/alan_schaller/

A professional who makes some really nice streetphotography. Only black and white and I must say it works perfectly. I love how he plays with the light and captures th moments, a big inspiration for me

1529956191194.jpg

2 jc copas
    https://www.instagram.com/jc_copas/

A guy from Portugal who shows that a great picture can be found anywhere. Very minimal and I love it. And because he only takes these kind of shots his instagram looks amazing.

1529956470504.jpg

Hope you like,enjoy and looking forward to some nice new profiles.

otto2, woSch, Shivang Joshi and 6 others like this.
  18. script
    Nougat Moderator Jun 26, 2018

script , Jun 26, 2018 :
    What a great thread @Shivang Joshi . I knew you are the right man. Thank you @Ruby G. for this great idea and initiative.

Learning from the masters, that's how it's done.

(I don't Instagram, can't help)

otto2, Punk_69, woSch and 5 others like this.
  19. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jun 26, 2018

Shivang Joshi , Jun 26, 2018 :
    He has clicked a ton of pictures using drones and I liked the way he edited those pictures :)

These were really good, especially the second one. Such a colourful profile and there are shots of Portugal :D @Cheetosdust

Hey, thanks a ton for those words :D

Yesss :)

(You can still help by sharing some tutorial posts/videos when you come across them ;))

otto2, Mjo, script and 3 others like this.
  20. Punk_69
    Lollipop Jun 27, 2018

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019

otto2, Mjo, jlasensiofi and 7 others like this.