Pick up more skills and tips with the new and updated "Tips & Support"

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Sep 23, 2020

Gary C. , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hi everyone,

The "Tips & Support" menu was added under Settings to provide you a better user experience. This feature will help you discover different elements of your OnePlus device and master varied usage skills quickly. In Common Questions, you can find the answers to frequently asked questions by either scrolling through them or by simply using a keyword search.

"Tips & Support" is now available on OnePlus 8 series in three languages, i.e., English, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese. For OnePlus 7 and 7T users, this feature is now available in Open Beta 17 (O2_BETA_17) and Open Beta 7 (O2_BETA_7) respectively. This feature will also be officially launched in stable versions soon. Please stay tuned.

Home Screen

Under Settings, scroll down and find "Tips & Support". Tap and the interface will be shown as below.
    Here you will find three sections: Getting Started, Usage Tips and Common Questions.

提示与帮助1.jpg
    Get Started

In this section, you can quickly grasp all the must-know basics about your OnePlus device and its operation manual. It includes instructional guides of various feature such as gesture settings, quick settings and cloud sync, to meet your daily usage need.

get started2.jpg
    Usage Tips

In this module, you will get convenient step-by-step usage methods. It also explore unique feature like Zen Mode and Game Space to help you explore everything your phone offers.

tips.jpg

Common Questions

Here you can find solutions or answers to some problems you might encounter while using the phone, for example, OTA upgrades, App settings and management.

Search Bar
    Type in the keywords of your questions in the search bar, like "backup", "camera" to start the search. Relevant search results will be displayed with all the information you need.

FAQs
    All the frequently asked questions have been gathered from the feedback given by OnePlus users. Relevant solutions can be found for the most common issues at a glance. Tap the question to see all the related suggestions.

Additional Questions
    Here you can find all the other frequent questions or queries raised about the usage of OnePlus devices. All questions are listed according to specific categories like hardware, communication, display and customization, to help you identify solutions efficiently.

If more suggestions are needed, you can tap the pull-down icon at the upper right corner. Open the preferred category for more information.
    faq1.jpg
    If there are any queries regarding your OnePlus device or if a solution has not been addressed, please reach out to us. "Tips & Support" has been created exclusively to provide all the necessary information, and we're continuously updating it with more details.

You can send us your suggestions and ideas by using the Feedback tool in Community app. We appreciate your support in creating a user-driven experience.

Never Settle.

2. Ashwardhan.
    Eclair Sep 23, 2020

Ashwardhan. , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Something which really helps. It really helpful. Thanks OnePlus for your efforts to create amazing user experience for your users.
    And eagerly waiting for OS11. Who else with me🙋🏻‍♂️?
    Have a check on Nord's battery drain problem and macro camera. Otherwise it's good alrounder.
    And also I'm getting ready to buy 8T.
    OnePlus [e]2764[/e]️

3. Javvadibabajee
    Froyo Sep 23, 2020

4. Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Sep 23, 2020 :
    I tried it! It was a really cool feature for new users of OnePlus. However hoping that these tips and tricks are regularly updated![e]1f44d[/e]
    The new update has really brought cool and helpful features including the OnePlus Scout!

5. DEVGHOST10
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

DEVGHOST10 , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Typical

afogel likes this.
  6. DEVGHOST10
    Gingerbread Sep 23, 2020

DEVGHOST10 , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Lol..useless features count how many time you use it..its unnecessary..bug fixing is...and timely security update is

7. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Sep 23, 2020

8. Valneo
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2020

IkeIke likes this.
  9. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Sep 23, 2020

AbhilashSaikia , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Oof! Did that hurt, OnePlus?

11. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2020

12. anesh007
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2020

VishnuRCU, TheDarkDan, afogel and 2 others like this.
  14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 23, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hi @Starcommander,

I'd like to ask why you feel like this is polution. This is no way adds weight to the OS, as the knowledge base is online, not on the device itself.

15. Some_Random_Username
    Community Bug Hunter Sep 23, 2020

Some_Random_Username , Sep 23, 2020 :
    OB17/7 for 7/7t-series was released two months ago https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-beta-17-for-the-oneplus-7-pro-and-7.1271776/ https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...or-the-oneplus-7t-and-oneplus-7t-pro.1271774/ , I don't know if your posts get signed off but if that's the case whoever is in charge of that hasn't done their job correctly.

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 23, 2020

dsmonteiro , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll edit the post accordingly to avoid any confusion. Since I don't have any of those devices with me, do you mind confirming if that version already has that feature built-in?

AbhilashSaikia likes this.
  17. SRD.
    KitKat Sep 23, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  18. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 23, 2020

Its.Leandroo , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Tips & Support is indeed there since Open Beta 17.

19. adhirajsinghchauhan
    Froyo Sep 23, 2020

adhirajsinghchauhan , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Yep OB17 had it

20. Vinai_Reddy
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2020

AnfalAjju and Badiuzzama Khan like this.