PIN wrong - suddenly changed by phone?!

1. tmouse
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2017

tmouse , Oct 3, 2017 :
    I know this sounds like 'you forgot your pin' case, but situation is as follows:
    - I've setup screen lock to fingerprint + PIN lock as soon as I bought phone few weeks ago
    - I've entered PIN few times a day as phone asked for it from time to time

Today, I was asked for PIN and when I entered it phone said "PIN wrong", i tried multiple times, typing very carefully and still, "PIN wrong" message.

I am 100% sure that I didn't change my PIN, it was yet another unlock that did not work, no reboot, no software install, nothing.
    Rebooting, powering off for few hours didnt help. Now after many tries there is 60 seconds wait time between tries. Suprisingly, it always says "you have entered PIN wrong 1 times" in an error message.

I do not even know how to reset phone to factory settings if it comes to that, recovery mode asks for another password I do not set up(?!).
    I would strongly NOT like to do that as I am not using cloud and it meand that some apps/data/photos would be lost.

G_Ernesto_Jacobs_gNnv likes this.
  2. stefan_ddorf
    Jelly Bean Oct 3, 2017

stefan_ddorf , Oct 3, 2017 :
    I'm pretty sure you did!

3. tmouse
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2017

tmouse , Oct 9, 2017 :
    I am quite sure I did not, OnePlus support person was not able to tell me how it could happen. Normally it should not have any password (I could not find an option to set it even). Phone was 'restored' by wiping everything with new firmware/OS.

4. Premkrishnanair
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2017

Premkrishnanair , Oct 9, 2017 :
    Sorry if this is inappropriate but we need to know the details before helping you out.

ARE YOU MARRIED.? you know what i mean.

5. matilko
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2017

6. GuptaAakash
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

GuptaAakash , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Correct if not married then do you have a girlfriend? If you know what I mean there is a chance of her changing the password.

Premkrishnanair likes this.
  7. tirupatihemanthkumar
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2019

8. C1576442859763
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

C1576442859763 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    I have a same issue I am using the same pin form last 8 months last month i removed my fingerprint bcoz it was not working properly today the pin is not working. I dont want to lose all my data.. please suggest