pink-blue color spreading on one plus 6t screen via OnePlus 6T

1. jomonkainakary
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

jomonkainakary , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 18, 2020 :
    user of one plus 6t for last 6 months.. I am getting pink spots on phone screen for last 3 , 4 days which is growing day by day.. anyone has same issue.. what would be the remedy ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020

2. BeingIncog
    Nougat Jan 18, 2020

BeingIncog , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Go to the nearest service center and ask them to replace your 6T's screen...

Bouncer71 and jomonkainakary like this.
  3. jomonkainakary
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

4. Matt 80
    Lollipop Jan 27, 2020

5. jomonkainakary
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2020

jomonkainakary , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 2, 2020 :

Matt 80

Physical damage....as mentioned in the first reply, visit a service center and pay for a new display.​

Hi Matt

just got the happy news after visiting service centre that they cannot repair it under warranty . they say it is a physical damage.
    To my surprise the device have never fall down or screen has no dents , cracks anywhere..
    I understand that OLED screens have no liquid layer (please correct me if I am wrong here ) and the SC guy repeatedly says internal layer has broken and liquid is spreading.

Cost of paid repair is 8300 Rs + tax as per one plus service centre , Bangalore.

phone is just 9 months old and has extended warranty till March 2021. I feel warranty is just another funny word now..

6. Caomhin
    KitKat Feb 2, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Feb 2, 2020 :
    Discuss with OnePlus Support directly, as this is a user forum.

You can contact OnePlus support directly for more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

7. Matt 80
    Lollipop Feb 2, 2020

Matt 80 , Feb 2, 2020 :
    I know, it's clear to see it's physical damage.
    Screenshot_20200202-175032_Gallery.jpg

You may have unknowingly banged to phone against something while it was in your pocket.

OLED displays contain organic material (Organic Light Emitting Diode), this may be what be what the CS guy is referring to.

Warranties cover hardware faults, not damage caused by the user.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020

Bouncer71 and Caomhin like this.
  8. jomonkainakary
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2020

jomonkainakary , Feb 5, 2020 :
    Hi all ,
    Got the display replaced through OnePlus Service Centre under warranty (no payment).
    Initialy Service Centre insisted on physical damage as the reason , just as Matt 80 told above.
    But they where patient enough to understand my usage pattern and the screen was found dent/crack/scratch free. They accepted it under warranty and replaced it in less than an hour. Very delightful experience.

Few things learned during the process are as below.
    * AMOLED screens are prone to more pixel burn issues compared to other display technologies. Use the screen in low brightness whenever possible.
    * AMOLED screens are not good friends with continuous water/sweat/oily surface contacts. So keep a protective screen guard always.
    * Applying continuous pressure on the screen could also be a catalyst to screen damages.

In my case the display was defective which made it sensitive to hand/thump pressures levels.
    Attaching a pic with main areas of damage.
    (Pic taken just before submitting to service and at highest display brightness)

1 : Pixel burn around the in display finger print area , frequent thumb presses
    2 & 3 : back button and app switch button areas ,
    4 : Slider Switch pressure

1p6_screen.jpg

Caomhin likes this.