Pixel 4a is coming at $349: So this is why OP didn't launch in the US

1. malidan
    Nougat Aug 2, 2020

malidan , Aug 2, 2020 :
    The leaks are out there the SD730 Pixel 4a is about to blow up the US market @$349 and OP ducked the fight.:rolleyes:

But before everyone gets excited and starts jumping on conversion tools, don't expect to see this kind of pricing in you country, I fully expect it to be inline with last year's prices.

There is also talk of the 5 dropping in at $599 so the will be coming with a SD765/8G, how exciting.

Source

2. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2020

3. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 2, 2020 :
    The Nord is up against the Pixel 5 spec wise, including a bigger screen for less money. Of course it won't match the Pixel camera performance, not even with camera 6 units on board. :rolleyes:

Also, gotta love headphone jacks and one handed use. But not much of an upgrade. I'll stick with my 3A for some time I guess ;)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

The1Lion and strafer like this.
  4. malidan
    Nougat Aug 2, 2020

malidan , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I'm just not Impressed by any pixel. I was watching this video today and it really shows the pixels poor performance is and the total lack of aesthetic design.

5. malidan
    Nougat Aug 2, 2020

malidan , Aug 2, 2020 :
    I know totally ridiculous.:confused:
    But that's a Pixel for you the least a man can get. :rolleyes:

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  6. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 2, 2020 :
    Not saying you should be, I know better than that ;)

I like how it performs, it feels snappy in every day usage. I'm no power user, but I like the clean Android and getting the best from relatively simple hardware.

And I like the camera, that is what matters most to me, just like I don't give a flying f**k about aesthetics when it comes to a phone, I look at the screen or it's in my pocket, to me it's a tool.

Anyway, to each their own, there's a lot of reasons to choose something other than the Oneplus.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020

7. malidan
    Nougat Aug 2, 2020

malidan , Aug 2, 2020 :
    The 4a will be close enough on performance to hang the Nord out to dry And if by some miracle they actually give us some of the US pricing, I may just own my first Google device since the Nexus 6.
    But the phone has to look good at +350 notes, when you can get this for £300

F4-Green-800.png

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  8. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 3, 2020 :
    FYI.

It's minimalist, which i like, but it may not be for you.

The1Lion likes this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

malidan , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Google are having a laugh, you just can't go asking for £349 for this.😂

ilovesoneplus and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  10. malidan
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

malidan , Aug 3, 2020 :
    This guy is the same as MKBHD
    "Keeping things simples" how can one colour and storage size be a good thing? This will no doubt cost them sales and only MKB and Mrwhos would attempt to say this is a good thing,. I don't know why people listen to these guys.
    Mr Mobile was not too far off with his best budget statement, because you just can't call this phone a midrangers going by the hardware, performance and build materials.

11. Moin2200
    KitKat Aug 3, 2020

Moin2200 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I'm more excited to see the 4a 5g and its bigger size over the normal 4a.

Im too used to big display phones so using a 5.8 is a no go. Would love a bigger model.

12. SJBoss
    Lollipop Aug 3, 2020

SJBoss , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I'd prefer it over any smartphone in this price range.

Lakshay155 and Mr. BG like this.
  13. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2020

The1Lion , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Extra cameras that are just there for show are annoying. I have an A7 Pro by Umidigi for review and the micro camera takes a hell of a lot of patience and practice to get a half-way decent shot as the majority are more blurred than my vision when I'm wasted and left my glasses on the table as I stubble about - hey, that sounds like a catchy line I can add to my review! :D

Mr. BG likes this.
  14. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Definately, make it so ;)

The1Lion likes this.
  15. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 3, 2020

Mr. BG , Aug 3, 2020 :
    €340,- in Germany. Including VAT.

16. malidan
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

malidan , Aug 3, 2020 :
    POCO F2 Pro was £277 6/128 the 8/256 £379 today, the Pixel 4a just isn't in the same class.
    There are so many phones in this price range that are simply better and this is before we decover the obligatory HTC build issue and bugs.
    I have been keeping an eye on the old Pixel and the bugs reported and time taken to fix them is shocking,.

17. malidan
    Nougat Aug 3, 2020

malidan , Aug 3, 2020 :
    £349 in the UK, I just didn't expect them to turn up with budget hardware, I hate to admit it but the Nord has got it beat and the Nord is a ways off being the best midranger.

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  18. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2020 at 8:39 AM

Mr. BG , Aug 4, 2020 at 8:39 AM :
    From a hardware pov you're absolutely right.

In real life though, it strongly depends on what you're looking for.

The Nord is (too) big (for me), fragile glass and plastic sandwich, too many useless camera's and screen tinting issues galore. But with a big screen, good processor and enough memory It's a decent, affordable yet flashy budget gaming rig.

For those looking for a more compact phone the choice is between the iPhone SE and the Pixel.

The iPhone is faster, more premium materials and more expensive with laughable screen estate. The Pixel is cheaper and looks it, it has much better screen estate, enough memory and storage, stereo speakers and a headphone Jack.

I'm guessing the photo skills will be on par, updates will be good and battery life will suck on both.

Edit:
    Here you go, this is what reallymatters to me...

Now, show me one sub 400 spec ridden phone that beats these.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020 at 1:19 PM

19. malidan
    Nougat Aug 4, 2020 at 4:08 PM

malidan , Aug 4, 2020 at 4:08 PM :
    The Apple sell because it's an Apple, the Pixel will be yet another flop.
    Nobody pays me to say what Youtubers say, so I can tell the truth.

How does sub £300 grab you.
    Screenshot_20200804-155641_1.jpg

This will crucify these two phone for all- round capabilities with ease and leave you with enough money to buy the good lady a P40 lite E