Playing high demand game on OPX is a disaster

1. Vancrack
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Vancrack , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Yes, but it's not a disaster though, is it? A disaster is when people die, this is a mobile game for goodness sake. If this is what you consider to be a disaster then you must never get out of your house.

Jammey likes this.
  2. lovekidd
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

lovekidd , Nov 23, 2015 :
    It is obvious that is to describe the level of disappointment, it is the worst optimized SD801 chip phone I have ever used. So you say something look like shit, do you really mean it looks like a real shit? When you say it took my breath away, does it mean you can not breath? You are dying to do something means you are really dying? If not then you never get out of your house? I am not from English country but I know that exaggerate is OK in expressing something.

praneil2050 likes this.
  3. nks1
    Eclair Nov 23, 2015

nks1 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Yeah, auto brightness is atrocious. Not only is it very fickle, the most distracting is that a small change in the ambient light will trigger a large change in screen brightness. So one moment you aren't able to see anything on the OPX, the next moment you get blinded.

4. Paul Tasker
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Paul Tasker , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Download cpu burner. Set it to setting as per photo attached. Run it. Start it. Press home key and load game. It'll then run at 2.3ghz instead of 1.4ghz and adreno will bump up to 530 instead of 200. Will run completely smoothly.

Attached Files:

5. Paul Tasker
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

If you're playing games disable auto brightness. It's far too sensitive to minor changes in light.

6. Paul Tasker
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

This phone is easily capable of running games like asphalt 8 or real racing. It'll run them smoothly with 70 percent of the phone being used by a cpu burner. But it takes too much to actually get it to switch gpu and cpu to full speed. It's like driving a car stuck in 3rd otherwise. I'm very disappointed with how poor software optimisation is on oneplus x so far. Keep having to find temporary workarounds. The Sony beta marshmallow preview I had on last phone had less issues.

7. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2015

jonmaund , Nov 23, 2015 :
    It's unoptimised, this has been discussed to death during the last week on these forums. Either the CPU or GPU governor is aggressively downclocking to idle speeds when it shouldn't, causing the stuttering issues.

There's a guide available to install the blu_spark custom kernel on the OPX, search it out and, after installation you'll find the performance is smooth as silk. OR wait for OnePlus to perform some bug fixes/optimisations.

The choice is yours.

8. Vancrack
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Vancrack , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Go back to it then. Device isn't for high end anything, it's for everyday use in a premium build. You don't turn up to a drag race in a Rolls Royce and you don't turn up to a dance ball in a Toyota. Stop moaning about things that don't apply to this device and grow up.

9. jonmaund
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2015

jonmaund , Nov 23, 2015 :
    This is incorrect. The 801 Snapdragon (even the AA version) is a capable CPU seen in last year's flagship phones. The same goes for the Adreno 330.

Using the argument "the phone's not meant to do that" is utter tripe. That's like saying "don't run for the bus, you're wearing smart shoes... Smart people don't run."

Put simply the OPX is capable of fairly decent levels of performance but, unfortunately is just not optimized correctly (as of yet) - give it a while (or install the blu_spark custom kernel) and it'll get fixed.

10. pvilarinho74
    Honeycomb Nov 24, 2015

pvilarinho74 , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Well guys,I am playing world of Tanks Blitz and dark meadow with highest settings and it goes smoothly, besides the SD storage issue I can't find any other fault but that might be because I am upgrading phone although I think my moto g was an outstanding phone,it never let me down, but comparing both it looks like I change my fiat for a lambo!!!

11. lovekidd
    Froyo Nov 24, 2015

lovekidd , Nov 24, 2015 :
    It is very obvious that people are asking something that the chip can be capable of doing, even changing to the custom kernel helps a lot in game performance, so these are not things that don't apply to this device, they really are. It is like you bought a good car with cheaper price, then you say because the price is low, it can't be good.

12. Paul Tasker
    Gingerbread Nov 24, 2015

Paul Tasker , Nov 24, 2015 :
    I've just routed with the bluespark kernel. Hoping this will fix it without needing workarounds. Also has potential sd fix too. Will see what happens. I bought the phone with expectations based on hardware inside. Not on price. This is very good value. My frustration was mainly at the number of things which could be great but due to software glitches aren't yet. But routing allows much more flexibility. I've got an alternative app doing autobrightness and works great.