Please bring back bottom based navigation gestures.

1. maheshpj
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

maheshpj , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Does anybody facing the issue with new navigation gestures.? i am using 7T. It is really difficult to navigate back while viewing instagram/whatsapp stories. System doesn't understand what I swipe for in most of the cases. Sometimes it takes as back, sometimes it gets to the next story.
    I expect that a lot of users face the issue. Previously it was cool, just including the assistant from corners, now a most useful feature has got ruined.:(

2. LnZ
    Eclair Oct 21, 2019

LnZ , Oct 21, 2019 :
    As far as I know it is a setting, if I remember well when I used the device for the first time it asked me to choose between bottom based an gestures navigation

3. Shailesh _dubey
    Eclair Oct 21, 2019

4. voltaire9
    Eclair Oct 22, 2019

JohnCarlyle and Shailesh _dubey like this.
  5. JohnCarlyle
    Froyo Oct 23, 2019

JohnCarlyle , Oct 23, 2019 :
    I don't have a 7T, but I see the issue. Google have really messed up with Android 10 gestures. It even messes with Googles own apps like the Play Store!!!

There should definitely be an option for the previous OnePlus gestures, they were far superior to Googles.

maheshpj likes this.
  6. gh0stw4lk3r
    Eclair Oct 23, 2019

gh0stw4lk3r , Oct 23, 2019 :
    You don't want to know how many times I archived a Gmail message when I wanted to swipe to the previous page...

Not really OnePlus fault, but would be nice to have gestures from the bottom as an option

JohnCarlyle likes this.
  7. G_VIKAS._BHAT_NHwI
    Froyo Oct 24, 2019

G_VIKAS._BHAT_NHwI , Oct 24, 2019 :
    Google is taking control of gesture nav on Android to make it uniform across all devices. So all the phones releasing with Android 10 on board need to have only Google's implementation of gesture nav. That's the reason we have oneplus gestures on OP7 pro but not on OP7T since OP7T had Android 10 on release.
    Source : https://www.xda-developers.com/google-gesture-navigation-android-10/

We are struck with buggy solution from Google trying to mimic Apple.

dancavalli likes this.
  8. maheshpj
    Donut Oct 26, 2019

maheshpj , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 26, 2019 :
    There is no settings to bring back the bottom one I see.
    Very right now the side swipe is not detecting. Quite difficult for one handed use.
    In op6 i recall edge swipes worked like a hardware thing.

9. maheshpj
    Donut Oct 26, 2019

Yes. Lot of whimsical changes. Apart google wanted assistant reachable through a home screen swipe on every device.

10. chtshop
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

chtshop , Oct 26, 2019 :
    easy, in settings, got to buttons and gestures, navigation bar, and select option to bring back the 3 navigation icons at the bottom.

11. dancavalli
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

dancavalli , Oct 26, 2019 :
    Google ruined the best navigation experience I have ever used. I can`t use any other navigation gesture after using my OnePlus 6(RIP). Was thinking of getting the oneplus 7t but this ruined it for me.

12. maheshpj
    Donut Oct 26, 2019

Yea. Op6 gesture navig was a best part of the os infact.

dancavalli likes this.
  13. xz6droid
    Donut Oct 27, 2019

MakaanPL likes this.

15. MakaanPL
    Froyo Nov 1, 2019

MakaanPL , Nov 1, 2019 :
    If Google has not banned OEM gestures altogether, I definitely want them back!

Side panels in apps are great, and Google's gestures completely broke that feature, especially in one-hand operation.

Google should offer a viable UI design alternative to app developers first (to replace side panels), then introduce side gestures, and maybe make them mandatory only after target API changes in Play Store so at least 1 year down the line.

16. MakaanPL
    Froyo Nov 1, 2019

MakaanPL , Nov 1, 2019 :
    It is in the beta, as "Complex gesture" :)