Please Fix the Camera

1. MikeMp Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

MikeMp, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Im very disappointed with the OP 5t camera. Now it's even worse. The oil painting is unbearably annoying. I have tried to forget about a better camera and concentrate on the other positives of the phone, which are prenty, but i just can't put away the camera experience... it's annoying.

Please. We are not asking for a brilliant camera. no. just make it better, remove the oil painting. or make it (the front camera) like the 3t. just remember what u did to the 3t front camera, and do the same to the 5t.

2. kr.rahul27 Gingerbread Jun 13, 2018

E1513091705018 and MikeMp like this.
  3. Kytharsis Lollipop Jun 13, 2018

Kytharsis, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Sure, we'll get right on it. /s

Patience, young padawan. Patience. Camera improvements are coming soon.

4. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Jun 13, 2018

Horsault, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Shoot in RAW mode and develop your pics by yourself. You'll bypass all software treatment by your phone and get the exact result you want.

borft and MikeMp like this.
  5. MikeMp Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

MikeMp, Jun 13, 2018 :
    that will be much appreciated. thinking of going to Samsung, but since i knew OnePlus, i hv never wanted to go back to Samsung. It's painfully to make the switch. Very.

6. MikeMp Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

MikeMp, Jun 13, 2018 :
    maybe that. I did not know, actually. will try that.

7. NahbiCris Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2018

NahbiCris, Jun 13, 2018 :
    maybe the oil paint effect is not a problem you need to know that "problem" was created when the people ask for photographies without noise:

read this:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-complaining-about-camera-performance.827083/

visit all the links in that thread specially the noise reduction.

MikeMp likes this.
  8. NahbiCris Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2018

you will have to decide what you want photographies with puse noise and oil paint effect or noise without oil paint effect.

MikeMp likes this.
  9. MikeMp Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

MikeMp, Jun 13, 2018 :
    well, maybe it really depends on what an individual thinks is the right or good picture quality.

i use the Gcam. and it does a very good job. no oil painting and the details are there. so when u say this is what people asked, im not convinced.

i should say maybe I don't know what i am talking about. or if i know, then i have a defective handset from OnePlus.

because my pictures are really bad. i had a 3t, and i was happy with it. the front camera was very fine.

perhaps my surroundings have changed. maybe it's not the phone camera that is bad, but my surroundings...oil painted.

10. MikeMp Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

MikeMp, Jun 13, 2018 :
    This is not true. Very false. Whoever preaches this is just trying to escape from the truth. It doesn't matter who says this is a skilled person, it's still false. why, because there are phone cameras that can prove this paradox wrong.

11. NahbiCris Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2018

is what people asked before others and you started to create threads like this, were much so much people including some YouTuber saying that OnePlus have a lot of noise, so OnePlus have to do a very very aggressive noise reduction process, when you erase the noise appear the oil effect.

do you read the thread I shared and visited all the link specially the noise reduction link?

because your comment said: " I don't read what you shared".

is not false, read this, this is the link in the thread u shared with you which talk about noise reduction process:

https://photography.tutsplus.com/tu...res-with-adobe-photoshop-lightroom--cms-23233

Herbert_Lagos and MikeMp like this.
  12. NahbiCris Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 13, 2018

start read from: Sharpening & Noise Reduction in the website I recently shared you.

MikeMp likes this.
  13. drszali Honeycomb Jun 13, 2018

drszali, Jun 13, 2018 :
    Any wild guess?

14. Kytharsis Lollipop Jun 13, 2018

drszali likes this.
  15. Thane Furrows Donut Jun 13, 2018

Thane Furrows, Jun 13, 2018 :
    1528918371603.jpg

My workaround is to disable HDR processing. For HDR effects I use snapseed app.

Picture is taken without HDR enabled. No image processing in snapseed. Imo quality is not that bad.

NahbiCris and MikeMp like this.