Please fix the LTE/H+/H and Wifi issues!

1. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2015

tanner.j.michels , Jan 7, 2015 :
    Please fix the LTE/H+/H and wifi issues with Lollipop!!! it needs it! We have two iphones and my Oneplus in my home all running At&T and the OnePlus will only have 2 bars of LTE verse the iphones will have full service LTE! its weird. For me I will get 2 bars of LTE and then when it will say I have no bars at all, then drop to H+ with full bars! So i experimented and changed my preference to 3g only and I have full bars every where. THen I changed it back to LTE preference and it went down to 2 bars! I wonder if LTE and 3g are separate from one another, thats why they tend to be more spotty. I think it is a GSM technology thing. Because Verizon (CDMA) doesn't have that issue. Pretty much where ever there is 3g, you can also have LTE service. I think it is based on the technology, not the phone. However I have to repeat that the iPhone 5 and 5s get a much more consistent service all the time. I noticed with the OnePlus, I could have 1 bar or LTE, then as soon as i call someone or they call me, it will go to full service and to H+ while Im on the phone! As soon as I get off, it will drop back down to 1 bar of LTE! Its so weird! If it is the phone, then they need to update the smoothness or quickness between the change over of data preferences of service. Of make it more consistent. For the next OnePlus they need to add a Signal Tuner like the Moto X 2014! Their service and connectivity consistency is amazing! I would argue that it is better than the Nexus 6 that I have tested! However, it may just be the GSM technology and how it interacts with the way the OnePlus holds a signal. Regardless it needs to be fixed!

2. vvijkumar
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2015

3. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Jan 7, 2015

tanner.j.michels , Jan 7, 2015 :
    No. Not at all. It is practically out of the box. I have only had it for a few weeks. I haven't even thought about flashing a new ROM.

4. amitvig22
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2015

amitvig22 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I have seen threads where people changed access point settings and got better network strengths u could try that

5. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

tanner.j.michels , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I did. The only issue is that you do not have access to LTE or 3g. It is purely 2g meantnfor calls and texts

6. leemartin
    Lollipop Jan 9, 2015

leemartin , Jan 9, 2015 :
    So you are not on lollipop?

7. jan110968
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

jan110968 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    No he isnt out off box is prob 4.4.2/3/4

leemartin likes this.
  8. fenice
    KitKat Jan 9, 2015

fenice , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Lollipop for the OnePlus hasn't been released yet, you need to file a bug report not demand fixes in these forums. ;)[/QUOTE]

oojafink likes this.
  9. giaur500
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

giaur500 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    He does not even know what version of Android he has. So obviously, this report can't be treated seriously. Regarding to Lollipop, it's currently in alpha stage, so there are many bugs and it's not for use by newbies in my opinion.

Also, I don't have any problems with LTE so I can't confirm.

10. jan110968
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

jan110968 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Well om om nightly cm12 from today an have no signal error it works smooth

11. conundrum2501
    Froyo Jan 9, 2015

conundrum2501 , Jan 9, 2015 :

So many things wrong with this post. The fact that you claim to be on L out of the box has already been addressed. But there is also the total lack of gsm comprehension. Not to be a ***** about it. I work in wireless and spend half my day explaining this stuff. But this is not the place for it.
    But let me clarify a few things.
    Yes 3g and LTE are separate. 3g and 4g stand for third and fourth generation of cellular radio technology. These transmit data and carry the signal for voice transmission. LTE is specifically a data connection. If the iphones are getting signal in the same location the issue is likely your APN (access point names) settings. Iphones automatically update their APN so they are optimized for the network. At&t sends configuration updates to android but most people ignore them and then complain about bad signal.

12. vcespon
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

vcespon , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Also, you cannot compare the signal bar indicator on two different phones, and less on two different operating systems. Unless you enter a specific menu that shows you the power in dBm that the phone is registering, you cannot tell how strong is the signal received.
    3 bars on one phone can mean the same than 5 bars on another, that's something that is programmed and is not a standard on all phones and operating systems.

Also, 4G uses different frequencies than 3G (for example, 3G is 1900 MHz and 4G is 2100 here), so different attenuation and propagation paths. You can have different power received for each one.

13. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

tanner.j.michels , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I know that lollipop did not come out of the box. I meant when they create Android L please fix the issues.