Please help

1. kdmesina
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

2. metalswarm
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

metalswarm , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Uhh, wrong. I'm on LTE now. Didn't have to do anything special. the only thing with ATT is when you are talking on the phone the data will go to H.

ChrisFR06, kdmesina and Vansh99 like this.
  3. T1511826350460
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

kdmesina likes this.
  4. Yogesh Datar
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2017

Yogesh Datar , Dec 5, 2017 :
    on OnePlus 3t I get H, H+, Lte and Lte+ depending on the signal in the locations I frequent on AT&T.

5T has more bands, you should get Lte no issues.

kdmesina and Vansh99 like this.
  5. Dr. Indest
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2017

Dr. Indest , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Fake news.... unless the phone does not have the needed bands for the towers in your area.

kdmesina likes this.
  6. cristigoron
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

cristigoron , Dec 5, 2017 :
    I have att and I have LTE,while talking is goes tu H....I don't really know what H is...and sometimes while talking the internet is very slow

kdmesina likes this.
  7. joosty
    Donut Dec 5, 2017

joosty , Dec 5, 2017 :
    You need to register a ATT 4G LTE device under your sim. After that, ATT will recognize the device.

ATT does not recognize the 5T in their Network.

This is the same technique for Sony Xperia devices.

kdmesina likes this.
  8. kayroccs
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

kayroccs , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Well does it depend on the apn settings because I also have an issue going from H or H+ to LTE directly. I live in NYC and shouldn't have an issue when it comes to the bands. Only way for me to go to LTE is to go into airplane mode or going directly from WiFi. When I'm underground and go above ground that's when I have the same issues as you're experiencing

kdmesina likes this.
  9. F_Terence_Quah_gSCv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2017

F_Terence_Quah_gSCv , Dec 5, 2017 :
    that is normal...normal calls is only performable on 2g/3g. so the cut from 4g/LTE to H when u receive/making calls.

it only able to remain 4g/LTE only if your line provider support volte. then it won't dropped.

cristigoron and kdmesina like this.
  10. Joeynbgky
    Froyo Dec 5, 2017

Joeynbgky , Dec 5, 2017 :
    try turning on volte in the dialer settings. then you can make calls over lte and not loose lte and internet. no issues on T-Mobile or my attached account

kdmesina likes this.
  11. kdmesina
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

kdmesina , Dec 5, 2017 :
    where can I find the dialer settings?

12. Joeynbgky
    Froyo Dec 5, 2017

Joeynbgky , Dec 5, 2017 :
    go to the dialer like you are making a call. click the 3 dots at top and go to sim and network

kdmesina likes this.
  13. metalswarm
    Eclair Dec 5, 2017

metalswarm , Dec 5, 2017 :
    Yes, all of them. But it shouldn't matter what settings you have on the phone. you should get 4G LTE on ATT regardless. BUT.... You won't be able to use VOLTE unless it is an ATT branded phone or an iPhone. I believe with those phones when you are on a call the status stays "LTE" since it's voice over LTE. the H should refer to HSPA...? Which is 3G.

kdmesina likes this.
  14. kdmesina
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2017

kdmesina , Dec 5, 2017 :
    I can't find VoLTE on my sim and network.

15. Joeynbgky
    Froyo Dec 5, 2017

kdmesina likes this.
  16. metalswarm
    Eclair Dec 6, 2017

metalswarm , Dec 6, 2017 :
    Yeah sorry man. Won't be possible. Even wifi calling isn't enabled on Non ATT branded phones. It's a way for them to force you to buy their branded phones. I had an unlocked US version S8 that was not able to get VOLTE or WiFi calling for that same reason. If you do a Google search on it you'll find a bunch of threads out there. some have even said that they chatted with customer support and was told yes, all of those services will work but in the end it doesn't.

kdmesina and Aernest78 like this.