Please join me and show the OxygenOS team your love

1. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Sep 22, 2018

Cheetosdust, Sep 22, 2018 :
    OxygenOS is not perfect and it will never be. Quirks and gremlins will always exist within an Operative System; features that are needed and others that need tweaking. OxygenOS is not even the best Android ROM for everyone, as I believe not every user is the same and different users have different needs.

That said, it’s OnePlus vision for what a version of Android should be. Every company has its own, be it Google with a stock experience or Samsung with the Swiss Army Knife of Android ROMs, I’m sure the market has something for everyone. My personal choice is OnePlus and it’s not only because of the hardware, but especially because of OxygenOS.

During my time on these forums, I’ve written my fair share about OnePlus, sometimes to praise the company and its decisions, a lot of times to point my finger to a company that sometimes makes some dumb mistakes and pile them with a communication that needed serious improvements. The whole Bullets Wireless is a perfect example of the two combined.

However, it’s like since Google I/0 2018 something changed, like the company finally figured out its own community was right and the community’s best feedback and constructive criticism was finally took into consideration. Not only the company announced the Android Pie was going to be released on the OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T, but we haven’t reached October and we already have the newest version of Google’s OS running on the Stable Channel for OnePlus flagship.

You can hate OnePlus, you can write your feelings around these forums, however, take a look around and understand how OnePlus is, no, not the first, but one of the first OEMs to allow this. This, for me and like I mentioned before, establishes a chain of trust between the company and its customers.

Yes, we all love a lot of Staff Members, but it will ever be a company selling products. Is that unfair? Of course not, it’s business. Picture your favorite brand with the coolest staff. Sorry to disappoint you, but that’s a business too. OnePlus trying to sell its products will never invalidate the fact that, yes, some of its Staff Members are just pure awesomeness with two legs and two arms.

I already wrote many many times about the three most visible faces of OnePlus around here. It will never cease to amaze me how @Ruby G., @Crystal Z. and @David Y. are the perfect catalyzers for this community. However, this thread is not about them, but the OxygenOS team, the team that I don’t know and barely talk to, but the team responsible for me to be generally a happy customer with my OnePlus devices.

I feel OxygenOS is not as bad as all these threads make it seem to be, because as a rule of thumb we tend to be quiet when we are happy and open a new thread when something is not perfect. This is not a complaint, it is what it is, but I feel it makes the OS, many times praised outside these forums, be flooded with threads - many of them about the same thing and many of them because users can’t use it properly - that make it seem more broken that it actually is.

I have used the Open Betas since the OnePlus 3 and you can write what you want, because you actually can, it’s a public forum, but I was thinking about this for a few days and yeah, I just love this software. Sure, it has some quirks and gremlins like I mentioned and sure, sometimes Waze is screwed for everyone ;) but my overall feeling, it’s either this or a Pixel.

Sometimes I feel that we - yes, the proverbial “we” - are spoiled and that a few members feel entitled to everything. That’s just stupid, but you that wrote your constructive feedback, I also feel you are actually being listened by the company that sold you the phone you’re using, if not the whole company, at least the Software branch of said company mixed with the Community team.

Whenever I write about this, I can’t forget the work the Wizard aka @Adam Krisko did, because he will never be forgotten. But today, the most visible face for the Open Beta team is @Manu J.. He’s not alone, as we all have @Gary C. to thank for and the whole team I can’t tag because I don’t know the names.

So please, think about the device you are holding in your hand to read this or the device you have in your pocket. It’s already running the latest and greatest from Google or it will probably be soon. And if it has bugs, I don’t think there are a lot of companies that will actually open a channel directly to you, listening to your feedback, trying their best to squash those bugs.

I feel we should demand the best so the team can know what to aspire, but I also feel that sometimes we need to stop, look around, and just say thank you for what they have done during these last couple of months, especially with the OnePlus 6.

I would love if you could join me and write a special thank you from the bottom of your heart. We have threads and even sections for feedback, we have places to complain. If you like, even if it’s a little bit of the OS, please tag @Manu J. in this thread and let him and the whole team know how much you love their work.

And this collective thank you I hope this thread will become is obviously be extended to the rest of the OxygenOS team, to all the Bug Hunters I would love to see here, to the members who are part of the Closed Beta group - whoever you are, I hope you can somehow read this, you all have my respect - to the members that try the Open Betas and, obviously, a thank to you, that toy around with OxygenOS, report bugs and make it a better experience for everyone, including myself.

We can all complain and we do that constructively, the company and its teams listen and learn, hopefully. But, yeah, tag away if you will, let the team know and feel that the work they do for so many hours in the shadows echo around this community, a community that it's aware of their work, because I can promise you: their work is what keeps your OnePlus device running.

@Manu J. @Gary C. @Brian Yoon @Adam Krisko and every Bug Hunter and Beta Tester, here’s a thank you from me and I hope these forums. Your work was and is appreciated and I can’t wait to see what the team will come up with next.

To end this long post, I just hope you feel your efforts have an impact within this community. I will never understand the stages it takes to reach me, the regular consumer, but even when a freaking app goes into hibernation mode because the OS is playing stupid, I know and I trust the team to fix it.

I hope you can feel your job is more than a paycheck and I wish you can see how it is truly important to the whole OnePlus operation.

PS: @Manu J. - accordingly to a rumor I have heard - hates when its username is tagged with the words “I love you man”. Just saying.

PS2: @Carl and @Pete I hope you know how important these people are for your company. Maybe you can show your love for them. Without this team, you have a stunning brick with a notch. ;)

2. FaleshC KitKat Sep 22, 2018

FaleshC, Sep 22, 2018 :
    appreciate all the efforts by everyone who is involved in making this Oxygen Os possible for OnePlus devices. Its one of the reasons i chose OnePlus in first place. Been using OnePlus since 2015, and i have seen my fare share of ups and downs in the OS development phases.
    I still remember there was Community builds before Beta program started if i am not wrong it was @Adam Krisko who used to announce those news back in days.
    Now its @Manu J. who brings us wonderful news, a smile comes up on many faces once they see any announcement by him, its always good news.
    Of course not to forget @Gary C., @Ruby G., @Crystal Z. @David Y. thank you all guys!! including the entire Oxygen OS team.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018

3. Tobikage Nougat Sep 22, 2018

Tobikage, Sep 22, 2018 :
    No they're not.

The four legged ones are best !

Now...back on topic...
    Thanks PA team for OOS !:rolleyes:

4. hotmomma Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2018

5. MANYA_1999 Honeycomb Sep 22, 2018

MANYA_1999, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Between all the repeated complaint threads,a post like this really helps.Everyone complains but rarely someone appreciates oneplus.

Btw if I had writing skills like you,I would probably top in my university.:p

6. Drasm19 Honeycomb Sep 22, 2018

Drasm19, Sep 22, 2018 :
    I'm an Indian and I want to apologise for all the nonsense that my countrymen post here. They are either too lazy to use the search option or expect their problems to be solved without even bothering to describe it.

I bought this second hand Oneplus 5t a couple of months ago, and I'm truly happy with it. No lags, decent camera and awesome speed.

I can't thank you guys enough for making this wonderful device and this dedicated community.
    I don't know many of the senior members here but I'm sure they are the reason why this community is so popular and helpful.

Once again, Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

May the speed be with you!

7. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Sep 22, 2018

Cheetosdust, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Thank you so much in joining us, my good man :)

Hmm, sometimes I feel - and that's me, obviously - this team needs more love around here.

I have pointed my finger when I thought I needed to, but yeah, truth is: I really like what they are doing on the software front, at least :p

I hope they can thank you personally, I truly do. Before that, however, you have my own thank you :)

Heheh, yes yes yes, Una is the best :p

Hah, yeah, that was part of what "made" me write this. They work hard and sometimes all they can see is a sea of threads with the same complaints.

I know some of those complaints are legit and I truly believe some of them make the team solve some issues, I just feel we can have both: threads with constructive complaints and this thread, just saying hello and a thank you.

Thanks for your post :)

Thank you so much for those words, it's really nice to read them. :)

That's a lovely post, thank you so much.

I feel, however, this is not an Indian thing. We - India, Europe, US - all have users that create new threads - and some of them are really useful. This is just a little something to say thank you before the team gets back to work on Monday.

Thank you, my good man :)

8. B.yashaswi Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2018

9. TheRealGamer Lollipop Sep 22, 2018

TheRealGamer, Sep 22, 2018 :
    The Hardest Part of Mobile Phone ?

Software, Because it's not as easy as it looks and has lots of things to fixes,Updates,Bugs when updating to latest Android Version.

And I'd like To Thank You from My Heart, For bringing Pie Very Quickly and for your continuous Effort.

Keep it Up !
    You Guys Rock !

10. the_o2 Marshmallow Sep 22, 2018

the_o2, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Thanks you @Cheetosdust for this thread, you have the awesome writing skills and you always choose the perfect words to describe, I always appreciate that :)

I switched to OnePlus from the Motorola (almost 6 years of using) and never regretted on my decision, it's almost stock and have almost everything which stock OS missing,
    It is fast and fluid, I love the OOS and yes it is the best.
    They give updates faster than the all the other devices.
    Great job @Manu J. And other team members :)

And hell yeah I have o2 in my name :cool:;) and that's only for Oxygen not for the OS

11. sommersy KitKat Sep 22, 2018

sommersy, Sep 22, 2018 :
    This is true. You can't build a phone company in trying to be as much like Fruitco as humanly possible alone XP

12. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 22, 2018

13. the_o2 Marshmallow Sep 22, 2018

the_o2, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Hahaha :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
    Life of a Mod, guess what will happens when 6T release and people start crying with thert OP 6 they will definitely want in display fingerprint sensor with software updates :p:p

14. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 22, 2018

pablofg1978, Sep 22, 2018 :
    I'm the one that will cry....
    [​IMG]

15. dalmia09 Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2018

dalmia09, Sep 22, 2018 :
    In my opinion, OOS is by far the best oem custom skin on Android. Simple, yet feature rich. Beautiful.

16. the_o2 Marshmallow Sep 22, 2018

the_o2, Sep 22, 2018 :
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Redundant thread closed!!:D

17. the_o2 Marshmallow Sep 22, 2018

the_o2, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Yes it is worst OS in my opinion, they can't give the FM radio and liquid cooling via the software update, I'm a different users and I need FM radio via software updates ASAP :mad::mad:

18. Android450 Marshmallow Sep 22, 2018

anupritaisno1, GopalB., Sun90 and 6 others like this.
  19. Aathif_Mahir Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2018

anupritaisno1 and Cheetosdust like this.
  20. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Sep 22, 2018 :
    Now I can truly say Oxygen OS is the third best smartphone software in the world after Google and Apple and I have no complains about it, thanks to Oneplus Team for making it possible and I hope in future they will continue to give us software like this :)

anupritaisno1 and Cheetosdust like this.