Please make edge display something useful

1. gskaryan
    Donut Aug 3, 2020

gskaryan , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I would suggest oneplus team to make use of the edge screen, as they are now present even in the non pro variants.
    Rather than just a visual appeal, Make it practically useful as that is what oneplus stands for.
    Few recommendations..
    - a floating window to open fav apps (similar to tool box in shelf)
    - use it for quick gestures

Also a recommendation apart from edge screen
    -after the update op 8 pro's lowest brightness has been boosted to 4 nits. I didn't face aby major display issues while going very dark, hence provide a button to go below the 4 nits even if it means showing few users issues..
    Give a choice, don't force us to use the disolay in hig
    her brightness

Sujitkumari20 likes this.
  2. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2020

3. Cheezburgers
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2020

Cheezburgers , Aug 3, 2020 :
    This but besides that...

i agree that the edge screen is useless right now. The only thing OP has added to make it "useful" is the horizon light introduced with the 7 pro, but thats lackign customization itself.

4. yashwant24
    Jelly Bean Aug 3, 2020

yashwant24 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    I don't use a curved display so I cannot comment about it.
    But yes I can understand, that's why samsung started to back off on curved display.

5. Neerajan
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2020

Neerajan , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 4, 2020 :
    There is a DC dimming option, you can disable it to lower brightness to even low level. Check whether yours is disabled. Could you please share the link to which OnePlus has mentioned that they have increased the lowest brightness by 4 nits.

Edge to edge display has its advantages and disadvantages. OnePlus still hasn't provided always on display, so I doubt they would add new recommendation sooner, that too only for the curved screen models. But anyways it is better to submit you suggestion to OnePlus.