Please make this change in the next update

1. Faisal96_hab
    Donut Jun 22, 2018

Faisal96_hab , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Airplane mode should be made in such a way that it cant be changed to "On" just by swiping the notification tray on the lock screen. In case the phone gets lost then someone might get away with it just by swiping the notification tray on the lock screen and put the phone on airplane mode.
    Atleast update the OS where the phone should ask for pattern confirmation or fingerprint confirmation on the lock screen to "On" airplane mode.

Awais.K likes this.
  2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 22, 2018

camohan , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Suppose your phone is locked and stolen, press power off for 20 seconds and tell what happens? The fact of the matter is preventing airplane mode to toggle wont in any case make things better. Someone can easily remove the simcard without even touching any buttons. Isnt it?

the_o2 and Hydra Bob like this.
  3. Faisal96_hab
    Donut Jun 22, 2018

4. Matt 80
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2018

Matt 80 , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Ah the old "Samsung phones have it" line. Buy a Samsung then, problem solved.

5. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 22, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Just because Samsung phones have it doesn't mean it's useful. A thief could easily just turn off the phone, remove the sim card or put the phone in a signal blocking container and defeat that measure. All that would do is create a false sense of security.

the_o2, Dresa91 and Matt 80 like this.
  6. Faisal96_hab
    Donut Jun 22, 2018

7. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 22, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jun 22, 2018 :
    It takes resources away from developing actual useful features, OP is having a hard enough time supporting 5 models as it is. Not to mention it's contrary to the mission statement of OOS to maintain a clean, bloat free, stock-like experience.

dsmonteiro, the_o2 and Matt 80 like this.
  8. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

Matt 80 likes this.
  9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 22, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Actually, yes.

More changes to the OS aren't necessarily a good thing. It's makes software development slower and more prone to bugs. The closer to stock, the better. If I wanted a highly customized OS, I would've gone with a different brand.

And like people already pointed out, the change you proposed accomplishes nothing.

Hydra Bob and the_o2 like this.
  10. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jun 22, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jun 22, 2018 :
    Fun story: my wife's boss reached out to me because his wife's S7 Edge wouldn't boot up. It was locked by McAfee's Mobile Security app, which locks the phone if the SIM is removed or Internet is turned off. You needed a PIN to unlock the device.

It took me less than 10 minutes to unlock it. If I had stolen it, neither Samsung's nor McAfee's security measures would stop me.

theshinybeast likes this.
  11. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Jun 22, 2018

theshinybeast , Jun 22, 2018 :
    "My wife..." so cute.:tearsofjoy:;)

Gav_W86 likes this.