Please rectify these ASAP!! via OnePlus Community App

1. I1579671811380 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 12, 2020 :
    First of all this is my first post in the community. I have heard a lot about OnePlus community and the fact that OnePlus listens to the community, I m hoping for a positive response and reply.
    It has been around 3 months since I have been using the OnePlus TV. Can you please rectify and resolve these suggestions ASAP?
    1. Recent app option by pressing button on remote to kill the background apps which are not required.
    2. A screenshot option by pressing button on remote.
    3. Browser by OnePlus for Android TV (I have read other ppl also asking for the same, please look into this matter as Puffin browser and Firefox browser are really not that good, it would be great if we could get one from OnePlus).
    4. Pointer/functionality in OnePlus remote as in LG's magic remote.
    5. Features like accessing live tv channels from OTT apps directly from Oxygen Play.( To be precise I am not asking for JioTV or Airtel Xstream but rather providing option for accessing Sony,Sab,Colors,Star Plus, Aaj Tak from SonyLIV, Voot and Hotstar).
    6. Option for connecting phone to OnePlus TV via Bluetooth, right now as soon as I connect it triggers the bluetooth speaker app which I always don't want, I simply want to connect my phone to TV via Bluetooth which I am unable to do.
    7. Can you please tell how to use button mapper app on OnePlus TV? It asks for a setting in the accessibility option(settings page) but that option in not available in OnePlus TV but is available in other Android TVs. I want to remap the remote buttons according to my grandparent's ease of use. This is urgently needed, please help me with this.
    8. Sound issue while watching movies. The background music is very loud and the dialogues are very feeble. I have to keep adjusting the volume again and again. It spoils the overall movie experience. Can you tell me if it is an issue with the software or suggest me the best sound settings which would resolve this issue?

Most of these can be implemented via a software update, so I would request you to please act on these ASAP as they would really enhance the user experience. Moreover TV is something which a person doesn't buy frequently and the reason why I bought this TV was because OnePlus is known for the user experience it provides and I have paid a premium price for this experience. I would hate to see these features being implemented in the newer generation of the TVs because I trusted in the brand with its first TV. Hope OnePlus doesn't disappoint me.

One last thing due to lockdown I am using Hotstar a lot, so I request you to please send the update which fixes the Hotstar, SonyLIV update problem ASAP. I am updating them atleast 4 times in a day, it is really frustrating.

Will be posting more suggestions soon
    Looking forward for a positive reply/response and action!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 13, 2020

Venky61 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Welcome to the community.
    First thing I would suggest to change the Title of the post to suggestions for 1+TV as none of the points you mentioned are software bugs that need to be rectified but rather are suggestions you feel would improve the user experience.

Though I would let the TV team to decide what's feasible and what's not, here are my insights as per my knowledge
    1 & 2 Due to the very limited keys, the shortcut options are limited too. Implementing Mute was already a tough job as there are restrictions from Google too on providing shortcuts to some buttons.
    3. This is a personal choice. For the TV screen experience there is no better than Puffin TV browser, so much that even Google dropped it's own Chrome Browser for Android TV Platform. With no experience before, I don't know what exactly you are expecting that OnePlus would do different.
    4. This would surely be a good feature for few applications if implemented.
    5. Right now Oxygen Play is only partnered with limited Apps out of which Sony Liv & Hotstar aren't there. Surely there is scope to implement direct access to Channels on the Oxygen Play in the future.
    6. Can you clarify what other actions are you planning to do by connecting a Phone to TV via Bluetooth other than using the Speaker?
    7. Yes, the Accessibility Setting is right now locked. Hope they can unlock it for use. I am not sure though if it's the limitation from Google itself.
    8. I Use surround Mode in Sound and I face this issue in very few movies that too on specific apps. This is also due to the optimization of Audio on the very App as I used to face the similar issue in Fire TV Stick too.

Regarding Hotstar Issue, it has been discussed already. Please use the search button before posting so that you queries would be solved sooner.
    The issue will be solved in next update soon as per the team and till then you can keep the TV in sleep mode for avoiding the App roll back.

Hope to see you more around.

3. I1579671811380 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Thanks for the reply!!

6. I want to use an app called serverless bluetooth keyboard/mouse which when installed in Android phone and paired to TV via Bluetooth acts as Air Mouse(like LG's magic remote).

7. I don't think so that it would be a restriction from Google mainly because there are other Android TVs such as Nvidia Shield TV which allow it. Can you please let me know the status of this, if OnePlus has locked it, can you please request the developers to unlock it?

8. I have faced this issue in prime video and sometimes in zee5 and Hotstar too.

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 13, 2020

Venky61 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Hey,
    6. The TV does connect to Phone via bluetooth. Though it triggers the stereo app, if you come out of it the connection still remains for other uses. I just tried the app you mentioned and it shows connected.
    Any way I would suggest to use alternatove apps too that work on wifi mode and see if it suits your purpose temporarily. There's cetus play for starters.

8. Yea that happens only with some titles due to the audio configuration. It's unfortunately due to the non standard formats of the audio followed by various videos on apps.

Hope this helps.

5. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 14, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Which movie did you watch?

Venky61 likes this.
  6. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 14, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 14, 2020 :
    Can you provide the video name?

Starcommander and Venky61 like this.

Starcommander likes this.
  8. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 28, 2020

Kashonline , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 28, 2020 :
    I have been facing the same issue with audio. I tried resetting the audio settings to default. The improvement I noticed is, the audio is louder than ever with the same surround mode. But there's no change in the dialogue settings, bgm is still louder than dialogues. it's been happening with multiple OTT platforms like prime video and Netflix. I'm managing this buy setting the dialogue enhancer to low or medium. Still not satisfied tho.

9. Catherine W.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Apr 29, 2020

Catherine W. , Apr 29, 2020 :
    What video did you play?On which App?

10. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020

11. Catherine W.

Catherine W. , Apr 29, 2020 :
    please tell me the video name in Netflix or other defalt apps.

Starcommander likes this.
  12. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020

13. Catherine W.

14. Kashonline
    Donut Apr 29, 2020