Please stop complaining about the missing OP2 features (manily NFC)

1. Deactivated User
    Jul 31, 2015

GetDynamic likes this.
  2. corpse69
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

corpse69 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    people should be thinking this, sure opt has new features but no miracast and no NFC is what broke the deal for me i could maybe be fine with 64 gig but the other 2 missing just ruined the phone

Eeroz likes this.
  3. jnmaster
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

jnmaster , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Amen!

GetDynamic likes this.
  4. reedjohnson2864
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

5. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 1, 2015

Dunnow , Aug 1, 2015 :
    It's the second time I see "no miracast" can you link to souce please? I could deal without NFc but miracast is something I actually wanted to use for gaming in the OPT...

6. Jordonrd
    Eclair Aug 1, 2015

Jordonrd , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Hey, I use NFC everyday in my life. Oneplus told us to "never settle" So, how come they wish for me to settle with this OP2 that doesn't have NFC, a feature I use everyday?

Rekcus likes this.
  7. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2015

Rekcus likes this.
  8. VenomZz
    Eclair Aug 1, 2015

VenomZz , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I think the point is that NFC isn't a big feature that adds a lot of cost but really in my opinion it doesn't matter in the UK still no NFC support in any place so IDC but I would rather having it than not

9. LsltheMenace
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

10. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

johnnymartz3 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Let's be honest here. The only reasons that oneplus left out NFC was that they wanted to cut a few buck off the final cost, and they thought they could get away with it. They missenterpreted the low use of NFC with a lack in interest for it. So they went and chopped it out just months before a major push by Google to get mobile payments going, which will undeniably drive up usage of NFC. There's really no excuse for it. A huge segment of smartphone users have come to expect NFC in a flagship phone, its not a "cool feature" anymore its a required spec. And to end my rant, leaving it out goes completely against the future proofing mantra oneplus has been pushing, especially when u consider that android pay

Seiga likes this.
  11. Seiga
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2015

Seiga , Aug 1, 2015 :
    I'm going to state this as bluntly as I can.

You have to be plain stupid not to have NFC on a phone. First let me state this. It costs roughly $0.55 to add NFC to any hardware device. That's stupid cheap compared to other parts in the phone.

You have a slogan that states "Flagship Killer". This is blatant false statement. If you're tech savvy, then you know that you want all options available and have the ability to control those options. NFC isn't even an option at all!!!!

No NFC also means no Wireless Charging. Again, convenience and options are important. And that doesn't matter if you're tech savvy or not. As humans, we love having convenience and options.

Now, let me tell you the phones that beat this "Flagship Killer." Nexus 6, Moto X, S6, and maybe the M9, but i'm only hesitant because the M9 heats up just as hot as the OnePlus Two.

Oh, and the Camera is sub-par. And MONO speakers?!?!? The Nexus 6 for $100 more is infinitely more powerful than this.

Good job on the 4GB of RAM.

Look, no manufacturer will be perfect, but OnePlus two is closer too disaster than perfect.

12. moradazimi
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

GetDynamic likes this.
  13. Seiga
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2015

Seiga , Aug 1, 2015 :
    It costs $0.55 to add NFC to a device. I looked it up. There is more cost to Fingerprint reading than NFC. And don't talk about not needing convenience. If that were the case, then there is no need for a fingerprint reader.

Dunnow likes this.
  14. eim
    Froyo Aug 1, 2015

eim , Aug 1, 2015 :
    #Getdynamic, you just lifted all peoples winy complains from my chest, salute ;)

GetDynamic likes this.
  15. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

johnnymartz3 , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Now, there's still a strong likely hood that I'll be purchasing the op2. I do like the phone a lot, and i understand that nfc can be added through an nfc sim, but I just dont think oneplus should be given a free pass for the misjudgement they made in leaving it out.

16. LostChemist
    Donut Aug 1, 2015

LostChemist , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Deal Breaker! Deal Breaker! Deal Breaker!

You can't take a way a person's god given right to complain.

17. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

aspherical , Aug 1, 2015 :
    No NFC is a deal breaker for me. I do use it for payments frequently. Plus for Bluetooth pairing and convenient file sharing. I'll be hanging on to my OPO for a while longer, but if I were to replace it today, I'd probably go with a Moto X.

18. amharris
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

amharris , Aug 1, 2015 :
    That's really not how business works. Business is tough and it'd be silly to play the role of 'the apologist'.
    Making criticisms about things that people feel were mistakes when it came to the company's decision-making process is their main basis for which they can learn from such mistakes and improve from the future.
    It's actually quite insulting to say that people who criticise aren't supporters.
    For example, if I provide critical feedback with many design mistakes that I've noticed with Windows 10, then I'm not a supporter? Actually, I'd be one of the most helpful people as I'm generating feedback about both objective mistakes and subjective ones regarding how I feel as a customer.
    At the end of the day, OnePlus' userbase are their customers and without their feedback, it would be considerably more difficult for the company to improve and know what the users want. People making criticisms shows how people feel. You have to deliver to your target audience. It's only a good thing that there are criticisms. OnePlus will be able to take information from this and learn for the future.

19. Clintre
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

Clintre , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Actually you can get the Moto X Pure for just a little more than the OP2 with more features, more options in LTE, 21MP Camera, etc.

20. paulomonteiro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 1, 2015

paulomonteiro , Aug 1, 2015 :
    People will never be satisfied with one product. There will be always one thing that's not right :D

gaster and GetDynamic like this.