Please stop complaining about the missing OP2 features (manily NFC)

1. nidge82
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

nidge82 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    It's really simple, if you want NFC in your next smartphone the OPT isn't the phone for you.

No amount of whinging from a very vocal minority in this community is going to make OnePlus change their minds about including NFC in the OPT (I doubt at this late stage whether it would be possible to make hardware/software changes to include NFC.)

mdcoll and GetDynamic like this.
  2. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2015

brittonraya , Jul 30, 2015 :
    But you don't have to read those threads either

paulp likes this.
  3. bikas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

bikas , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Rolling out NFC based payment system is very, very easy and yeah I work in tech part of financial firm.
    The basic stack changes is minimal, which is the beauty of this system. POS was difficult task, this method has nothing on it.

By your statement I understand you worked in the sector (for 15 years, maybe). Just ask the tech guy there, he'll let you know, how easy to build over the rolled over tech stack.

Also, loved how you never quoted NFC tags part because of your convenience.

Takendown likes this.
  4. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2015

brittonraya , Jul 30, 2015 :
    But it's future proof. Or is it only 2015 proof. Cuz it's the 2016 killer and you just said nfc should take off next year.

paulp likes this.
  5. GetDynamic
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

GetDynamic , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I don't but it just spams the recent threads

6. jestik
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

jestik , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I thought the Nexus S was the first phone to have it in 2010. I had that phone and Google was advertising it as the very first. I remember being frustrated back then because I could only beam files to other Nexus S owners. Lol. If it really was 2005, what device was it?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

7. Wisoner
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

Wisoner , Jul 30, 2015 :
    No.1 opo was the same with no quick charge but it charged pretty damn fast and I'm positive the OP2 will be no slouch.

As for NFC, while not a deal breaker its disappointing the OP2 has no NFC capabilities. NFC has been a standard in most high end smartphones today for some time, the auld Apple even adopted it recently. It is going to be a player in the mobile payment front that will boom after the release of Apple Pay, the bugs need to be ironed out but I can see this being a major part of smartphones within the next 2 years.

I don't know what it costs to implement NFC into a phone but I believe oneplus would have a genuine reason why they didn't implement it. The phone is overall a masterpiece and I can't wait to get it.

I think oneplus should explain their reason why it hasn't been included and if (through swapstyle covers etc) can the feature be added on to those who need it?

8. smayst828
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

smayst828 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I'm having a hard time understanding the logic of many of you complainer. Not that you don't have the right to complain... go ahead. Perhaps it will make OP come up with a NFC add-on of some sort. But to talk about the OPT like it's something ordinary (someone even said it was a mid-range phone) among phones when it has the top of the line processor and more RAM and any other phone. Not to mention a great design, beautiful screen, improved camera, fingerprint scanner, no bloatware, and on and on... it does come off a bit whiny... so this is for you: Trust me, you'll laugh even though he's talking about you!

You think the OPO was more of a flagship killer? No way. I'm not trying to toe the party line or anything, but I found that the specs weren't the thing that made the OPO so great, and I have a feeling it's going to be the same with the OPT. I know you have nothing else to go on except the specs and reviews (and BTW, all the ones I've seen say it's awesome), and you want to be a part of the community... but most of you complainers are buying this thing anyway, so why don't you wait for some real people to get the phone, and then you'll have something real to talk about. Just sayin'.

b-earl likes this.
  9. aenews
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

aenews , Jul 30, 2015 :
    The OP2 charges in two hours much like the OPO. You don't need Quick Charge 2.0 for fast charging. For a large battery, the OP2 charges at a competitive rate. LTE Support? Depends on where you live. In the US/Canada, every single band is covered... which is a huge improvement over the OPO which lacked Band 2 & 12 on T-Mobile.

I agree. For some reason, some people are complaining about niche features that only a select few flagship phones even have, and imposing all those features simultaneously on the OP2 without even checking out what unique features the OP2 brings to the table. Lack of NFC is an issue though. Hopefully there will be some solution.

GetDynamic likes this.
  10. nidge82
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

nidge82 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    It's future proof in that by the time Android Pay goes global OnePlus will probably released the OP3/4.

From my understanding at the latest Google I/O conference all mention of Android Pay was in relation to it release in the US. The UK/Euro region won't be seeing it upon release and doubt Asia will be seeing it any time soon either.

11. hulabalua

hulabalua , Jul 30, 2015 :
    no you're not "just sayin" you are stating true facts.

Zero_Plus likes this.
  12. inffy
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

inffy , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I have been dealing enough with the terminals to know the tech side. I don't do code so I don't care about that and it has nothing to do with this as long as the payment terminal is contactless ready. But tech side aside there are lot of contracts to be made, propably not in India but in europe the thing is much more harder than hardware.

As Android Pay needs to tap to the bank / card issuer systems and in europe /nordic card issuers are also the banks its going to be a "problem". As we can see with Apple Pay. Only UK with just a few banks is gettng Apple Pay in Europe.

I never quoted NFC tags as I have never used them so I don't have opinion on them.

As I said, it would have been nice to have NFC but it's not that normal user is going to actually need it. Payments with ohone are not here atleast not in the next year. Maybe some countries but not globally, not even near.

And to the end...I use NFC daily with my travel card, so I can check the balance, export my trips to my logger etc. I pair my headphones and home stereos with NFC (they use bluetooth to transfer data like almost everything else). But i can do these without NFC too.

We can fight this like weeks and the opinions will not change.

nidge82 likes this.
  13. ccapellan11
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

ccapellan11 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Not to mention soon they will come out with NFC enabled sim cards and that will shut everybody up. So be patient guys.

14. DjFlam3
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

15. bobsdaman
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

bobsdaman , Jul 30, 2015 :
    i'm not complaining, i'm just hoping they do implement it using the idea suggested in my signature

palmaholic and smayst828 like this.
  16. Eeroz
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

Eeroz , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Why do you think people are so upset? Because they don't use it/aren't going to use it?

What really pisses me off is the false promises.

I'm just going to copy paste this from one of my posts, I've repeated myself too many times already...

What about the promises to make the best phone they could, not caring what it costs?
    Leaving out basic features such as NFC to literally save a few bucks is not what I call never settling.

Future proof,
    2016 flagship killer

And they dare tell us to never settle, oh please.

There's no excuse to leave out features if you say that you don't care about the price, tell us to never settle, call it future proof, call it a 2016 flagship killer.

Karu Ss likes this.
  17. hulabalua

hulabalua , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I wouldn't be rooting for NFC enabled SIM-cards, the NFC enabled SwapCovers sounds more realistic and affordable.

Zero_Plus and smayst828 like this.
  18. billyyim
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

billyyim , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I totally agree...for $389 we are getting an unbelievable package already. Even if it had NFC and wireless charging, I personally probably won't even be using those features.

GetDynamic likes this.
  19. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jul 30, 2015 :
    yes it will take time but not as much time as everyone thinks. android globally kills apple with the amount of users they have. Banks will look at the install base and act like a kid in the candy store licking their chops. like you said us and uk are well covered. I don't believe it's going to be as hard as you are describing it to be. Google wallet has been out for years. the only difference is it was never taken seriously. android pay will take the baton and run with it.

Call me crazy but I believe your reasoning is a little exaggerated. If Google was leading the way with android pay and not apple then I would agree with your assessment.

20. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I hope for that.

hulabalua likes this.