#PM Challenge: New multitasking panel view concept. Along with music control and. -O- gesture

?

New Multitasking Panel View. Useful or Bust?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2019.
  1. Awesome!!!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Its goods not amazing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. G_Tommy_Irizarry_XxHr Eclair Feb 5, 2019

G_Tommy_Irizarry_XxHr, Feb 5, 2019 :
    So my idea might be simple (UX lookwise). But I hope even if I don't win, to get this implemented in a future update.

So a new multitasking panel view would be a great Idea because the combination of gestures from oneplus's system along with a new multitasking view would be great. I read some complaints on how Android P has the horizontal panel view and how users prefer the vertical to view more apps. So I thought implementing a new view that looks like a combination of the fruit's tablet and Xiaomi panel along with oneplus's gestures would look and act amazing.

Screenshot_20190205-115925__01.jpg

The benefits in speed of switching are tremendous as you will be able to view about 4 apps at the same time which you can switch to. Also, kudos to alessiodales with his idea of multi-window support.

Q1: Who are the users ?
    So the obvious users would be everyone. This is an everyday system operation. Others might include productive (pro) users.

Q2: What is the proposed function?
    New multitasking view panel (MPV). With a new view of 4 apps with maybe even a music control on the far right side (permanent position unless no music is playing) This would still be a horizontal MPV, The difference would be on the scaling and how many apps can be viewed.

Kind of like the image below
    App-Switcher-in-iOS-11-on-iPad.jpg
    The O gesture Consist of selecting a message or photo and that becomes a floating selection, then circling on the screen to activate MPV and then dropping that photo or message in one of the four recent apps. To go further back in your app view drag item to the far left until you reach your desired app to drop.

Q3: What is the user value?
    The user value is more happy people. Because many people including myself don't love the present multitasking panel view (MPV). This feature will also speed up the changing of apps on the OnePlus gestures. A music control or widgets would also make it more useful. The O gesture would shorten time of selecting and sending items.

This would make OnePlus a more productive device and could even possibly attract new customers. Looking for the fastest, and even a more productive device on a smaller budget.

Scenario:
    Imagine that your listening to music maybe sunflower (Spiderman into the spider-verse). Then your boss calls you while your distracted web viewing. When you receive the call. You open the MPV and you stop the music while you look at your fourth app without having to swipe around between your apps and you find the document you we're supposed to send to him. You hold your docx. over the app you want to send it to and you place the link. Rapidly send it, pick up the call tell him you already sent it and you hang up. Drop the mic. You continue hearing "Sunflower".

Q4: If there are any comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior?
    This is definitely a superior solution to the existing MPV's of this Industry. This could also becomes staple OnePlus feature over Google's limited vision (literally). The MPV would still be compatible with past OP devices as it isn't a new hardware, but amazing software. Other phone manufacturers make new hardware changes not thinking of their past devices and therefore having to adapt or forget the feature in older devices. This would make it easier for OnePlus to implement the feature on Older OP devices. And encouraging the community to keep loving OnePlus devices.

Wish I could include diagrams, but don't know how to make them in my idea. Anyways I hope this proposed feature echos oneplus's motto of never settle and need for speed. And hope you love this feature. Have a good one.

Word for developers

I am not a developer. This idea will probably not be super easy to implement. But this feature which I'm suggesting will be super-useful along with being quicker. The good thing about this is that it wouldn't interfere with the system. The only problem it could probably manifest is in the case with the OnePlus quick changing gesture. To solve this problem it would just be to simply swipe up higher to the right for one application on top and higher to the left of you want to change to the previous previous app. So 4 applications to quick switch is pretty amazing.

[Update] I made my own diagrams with widgets or links to applications. Or Google's search bar

Adobe_20190310_203117.jpg

Adobe_20190310_202726.jpg

Adobe_20190310_201500.jpg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019

2. G_Tommy_Irizarry_XxHr Eclair Feb 5, 2019

Zephirlita or Z has some really nice screenshots on the idea. Looks like we thought the same thing. :)
    I still wish I could've made those diagrams

3. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

Moin2200, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Though I prefer the stock look it’s understandable that people wants to use more of the big screen.
    You should check out the other thread about this. He got some nice concepts.

4. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 5, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 5, 2019 :
    This is the third time (post) I am writing this:

Things like these do NOTHING to your productivity or efficiency. They are just gimmicks that give you a fake “feel-good” factor.

5. G_Tommy_Irizarry_XxHr Eclair Feb 5, 2019

Can you send me the links

6. Moin2200 KitKat Feb 5, 2019

7. G_Tommy_Irizarry_XxHr Eclair Feb 5, 2019

8. ZephyrITA Froyo Feb 5, 2019