#PM Challenge - Slider button: call profile customizaton

1. Thomi Cupcake Feb 11, 2019

Thomi, Feb 11, 2019 :
    Who are the users? Everyone who is using his or her phone for both work/school and free time or just in different environments
    What is the proposed function? Create profiles for both sound and vibrating for both calls and notifications and assign these profiles to the slider positions.
    What is the user value? With a small slide the user can change his phone to the right environment where he has all his preferences set for both the work environment, meeting environment and his outside work or school environment. Depending on the work or occupation of the user.
    If there are existing comparable functions in the smartphone industry, how is your proposed feature superior? This is more of an upgrade to the already exisiting slider button but with much more possibilities to differentiate for every user so he can decide his own slider settings and quickly change his phone to his own environment.

Dear all,

What I would like to see implemented in Oxygen OS is some more options in setting your phone profiles especially for the slider button.

I use my phone in both professional use as for my own freetime. This means that when working it's not always convenient to receive all sorts of pop ups and notificiations. But on the other hand people will call my phone for work-related stuff. Such profile for example is not possible to select or create with the slider button.

Therefor I would like to suggest that people can create their own "phone profiles" and assign this to a slider position. In the Era before smartphones you could create a whole profile where you could select a volume for calls and a different volumes for notifications, same with vibrating. If this function would be reused and people being able to create 3 profiles without preset values or very limited possibilities and assign this to the slider, your phone is much more easy to use and adapt to the situation you are in (work/free).

2. ArcadiyKulchinskiy Froyo Feb 11, 2019