#PM Challenge

1. Vimal Karn Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Vimal Karn, Feb 12, 2019 :
    #PM Challenge - Add full screen navigation to all the OnePlus devices running on Oxygen OS.

Who are the users?
    - Everyone in this community and those who are switching to OnePlus for it's flawless operating system and the speed that it delivers.

What is the proposed function?
    - To enable on screen navigation using gestures from right, left and bottom of the screen. The navigation bar should be hidden and should animate in when gesture is used.

What is the user value?
    - Since the screens are getting taller so most of the user are unable to reach all the corners of the screen. If gestures could be used to navigate then the user experience will reach to a level of satisfaction.

If there are existing comparable function in the smartphone industry, How is your proposed feature superior?
    - We are not on a mission to make superior designs and make simple things look complex. These features are already available on OnePlus 5T and later models. I just want this feature to be added in OnePlus 5 and below models because the 'On Screen Navigation' bar uses some space at the bottom which doesn't allow the users to have a full screen experience.
    1549965618868.jpg

View attachment 971813

F1550422421563 likes this.
  2. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2019

3. Liehjan KitKat Feb 12, 2019

Liehjan, Feb 12, 2019 :
    Don't see any use of full screen navigation on older phones that 5t.. and what's wrong with the navigation gestures oneplus already built?

Vimal Karn likes this.
  4. Vimal Karn Cupcake Feb 12, 2019

Vimal Karn, Feb 12, 2019 :
    There's nothing like copying. I used these gestures on my rooted OnePlus 1 with Ressurection Remix OS. If something adds ease of navigation then it must be implemented. 5T already has this feature. I just wanted it in OnePlus 5 and below devices through OTA update.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019

dineshsp04 likes this.
  5. LegolasX Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2019

LegolasX, Feb 15, 2019 :
    Navigation gestures aren't coming to 5 from OnePlus already mentioned time and again.
    and moreover OnePlus has own nav gestures if they wanted this they would have already implemented side swipe in first place..