#PMChallenge _ Pin: a smart app switcher for multitasking.

1. Andre_dna Cupcake Feb 13, 2019

Andre_dna, Feb 13, 2019 :
    Thank to Oneplus team for this opportunity.

This is my proposal for the PMChallenge, called "Pin".

Who are the users?
    The user is whoever may need to make a task (personal or professional) using two or more apps at the same time.
    Now, changing app can be done using recent app panel or passing by the homescreen. While the recent app is quite fast, it can be confusing if you're happening to use lot's of app in various order, but your work is focused on one main app (recent panel is also chrolonologically ordered).
    There is no hierarchical organization between open apps, so it's like open a new app-session everytime you want to switch.
    Now, you can also use two app at the same time with double-screen feature, but I found this not very suitable if you're using app that need keyboard enabled.

What is purposed function?
    The proposed function is to enable the possibility to summon a temporary "app-switch" button floating on the screen, which enable to switch to a main app while navigating freely in the device.
    The button can be called by a "swipe down" from the recent app panel and can be placed floating on the bottom right of the screen, keeping free space for the android default float button which lots of app use.

What is the user value?
    This will help user in multitasking: when the button is summoned by scrolling down an app in recent tab, that app became easly accessable from everywhere; if then that app is opened, Pin let you go back easly to what you were doing.
    It's like having two session-layers emulated (one is the main app, and the other one is "everything else"), with an easy switch-button.

Existing company standards.
    In older android devices (with out-of-screen soft-touch/physical navigation bar) you could assign a "switch to last open app" function to a key, but you had to keep in mind the opening order.
    In desktop OS, screensize enable the possibility to have always visible which apps are opened and to easly switch between them.

Simple and questionable sketch:
    photo_2019-02-13_14-41-31.jpg
    Functional diagram:
    pin_diagram.png
    Prototype:
    (I haven't been able to upload my gif-file here, here's the link)
    https://gph.is/g/4bvjW34

Let me know what do you think about that!
    Thank you,
    AndreDNA​

2. gb_ironman Cupcake Feb 14, 2019

gb_ironman, Feb 14, 2019 :
    there is already a gesture that lets you go to the previous app
    swipe up and then right, it takes a little time getting used to it but it works wonders for what you are describing

still the floating button is a cool idea