#PMchallenge - a notepad for every contact for references.

1. revanthmaddikunta Donut Feb 7, 2019

revanthmaddikunta, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Hi there

I’m Revanth a student, a tech enthusiast and a happy one plus user. I have been using one plus since past 2 years and have been very happy with the performance.

My idea for a feature is about a specific option for certain scenarios where we need to remember something specific to tell a specific person. Where the feature in the contacts will allow to create notes to that specific contact so that it pops up when that person is calling us, or we are calling them it won't pop up if not saved or written in that notes.

Inspiration of idea

From the above introduction, it is pretty much clear about what I want to explain.

I’m a person who talks a lot with my closest friend almost daily about various topics (or I plan to talk about various topics but end up forgetting most of them.) so thought a small note pad feature would help a lot.

How will it work

For every contact or only for favourite contacts, there should be an option (refer fig2 in the image) which can be made in such a way when the person calls us, or we call them the note pad pops up showing the saved/written contents (refer fig4 and fig5). We should be able to edit the note pad for a contact whenever we remember something to tell a specific person about that thing (refer fig 3 in the image).

And this notepad should come up in the call screen when a person calls us so that we can save any important details shared by the person speaking on the other side (refer fig5 in the image).

IMG_20190208_001143__01.jpg IMG_20190208_001149__02.jpg IMG_20190208_001137__01.jpg

1- Who are the users?

Basically everyone.

2- What is the proposed function?

An option for having a note pad for every caller so that it pops up when we call them, or they call us. So that anything important can be already noted when remembered previously and can be referred at the time of the call.

3- What is the User value?

Much simpler access and convenience for the user

4- Your proposed feature compared to existing features available in the market?

As far as I am aware, I have never seen such feature, but I heard about a third-party application providing such feature but, these days trusting a third-party application is risky and having such feature inbuilt will not require installing a third-party application.

#PMchallenge.

2. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Feb 7, 2019

camohan, Feb 7, 2019 :
    Technology is the precise reason why our minds remembrance capacity has decreased over time.

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Feb 7, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Feb 7, 2019 :
    it is a good idea. quite unique I would say.

although I don't think it will be applicable with close friends, but definitely useful when dealing with infrequent acquaintances.

revanthmaddikunta likes this.
  4. Loveit Jelly Bean Feb 7, 2019

Loveit, Feb 7, 2019 :
    This would have absolutely no use for me. I mean seriously if you are forgetting something you thought about saying to someone once then I doubt that thing was very important to begin with. Unless you have dementia.

1 Notepad is enough, so No from me.

5. siva11qa Donut Feb 10, 2019

siva11qa, Feb 10, 2019 :
    I do agree this feature will be helpful when dealing with multiple contacts especially in business world. some advantages like
    ✓u no need to write on paper that what u want to communicate with contact and can avoid carrying
    ✓in case if u used any notes app to store that text, u have to switch multiple times between notes and call, this can be avoided
    ✓finally it gives confidence to u what u have discussed with other party like Agenda in our meetings schedules

revanthmaddikunta likes this.
  6. revanthmaddikunta Donut Feb 10, 2019

revanthmaddikunta, Feb 10, 2019 :
    yeah I've been through some situations like that which hand me to do some thinking for a solution .